• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

hi guys iam a 2014 dv lottery winner but iam so worried of my case number. it looks to be the highest 2014AF00093xxx
iam so confused if at all i will get an interview... could anybody have an idea when this number can become current, and possible when i can get an interview.?

Wow that is pretty high (but my other friend Obeezyb was higher than you at 105K).

In your case you'd be looking at becoming current in August or September 2014.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK or Washington Dulles

Hello Noam,

With your CN, expect your interview to be around June/July next year. Concerning the Police clearance, you need to find-out the validity of the certificate/clearance you get from the police. For example here in East Africa, the police clearance is valid for only 6 months so getting it now wouldn't help since it would expire before you can use it. Also, you will need to get a clearance from the country you are living in and your home country as well.

Regards,

You should be ok.

Hi, i still use my maiden name but been married for 7 years. we are married officially and have certificate and i also appled as married and have sent forms already. hope this is ok and i dont need to send kcc anything . but incase we have all proof....any advise house

Need advice

I was selected for dv2014 but have an issue. In 2002 - 2003 I over stayed my visa while I was in The Netherlands for about 8 months. I have already filled the forms and sent them to KCC but did not state that I had been in The Netherlands...however in 2011 I applied for an American visa and was given a 2 year visa and I did go to The US for 10 days then returned...I am not sure if I stated in the application of the visitor visa if I had been in The Netherlands...will this cause a problem for my dv? Should I resend the forms with that missing information? Also if I did so I will certainly need a police clearance from The Netherlands? Help

errore in forms

I am a registered user by user name koo2005, and i won DV 2013, i'm from Ethiopia and i will have an interview by the month of May 2013. so pls contact/or ask anything what you have problem and I will ...

HI eveybody

I'm a 2014 winner from Mali! when i sent my forms to KCC i realized that i made mistakes on the two forms

What can i do? please help me!

Hello All,

I am an Indian citizen born in Benghazi, Libya and currently in US. We will be doing AOS here.
I dont have my Birth Certificate from Libya local authorities, but have Birth Certificate from the Embassy of India in Tripoli, Libya, made 10 days after my birth.

I am looking to get my Birth certificate from Libyan authorities but can't travel there. I would appreciate any help I can get from my brothers or sisters here on this forum and if living in Libya (Benghazi) now.?

2014AF00008XXX (Libya)
Entry Checked: 06.01.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 06.03.2013
Forms reach KCC: 06.07.2013

ineed help

hi guyz iam a 2014 dv lottery winner with CN AF00093XXX
i sent my forms to the kcc and were succesfuly recieved. i got a notification trhough my mail that they recieved my forms and wer under process n that i should wait for several weeks for my case number to be current depending on the cutt off number,
however i made amistake in filling the form , i only wrote the adress of the person in USA and forgot to write his name..
will it be a good idea if i resend the forms once again ?
will it reduce my chances of getting the visa if i leave it the way it is?:confused::confused::confused:

Hi Babu Ayubu, you can either scan the new forms and e-mail them or e-mail them and give them the complete details, without the form. They will update it. I changed some details by e-mail, without attaching the forms again and they updated them.

burundi winner are you serious dude if you are hehehehe !i need to correct the column which they asked for a petitioner should i jst send them an email ? i wrote NlA ! THANKS GOD BLESS

Hello dvlottery2014,

you will need a birth certificate from Libya since your foreign state chargeability is Libya. The birth certificate you have makes you Indian so you need to get the one from Libya. Now given that your CN is low, you could be eligible for CP as early as October this year so you need to process this as quickly as possible.

I hope this helps.

Hello dvlottery2014,

you will need a birth certificate from Libya since your foreign state chargeability is Libya. The birth certificate you have makes you Indian so you need to get the one from Libya. Now given that your CN is low, you could be eligible for CP as early as October this year so you need to process this as quickly as possible.

I hope this helps.

i don't believe he will need a birth certificat from Libya. the one by the Embassy of India in Tripoli in an official proof. by the way i was born in france and i'm moroccan, so my case is like his case. even if he was born in libya he is not a libyan citizen

Thank you Jonge and Hakim66.

My BC from embassy of India in Tripoli, Libya is showing Benghazi birth BUT it is issued from Indian embassy. I am reading at some places that I need to have a BC issued by the Local benghazi officials as well. That would be tough as I have no one in Libya now who can help me in this.

I can try to get attestation from the Libyan Embassy in India on my current BC. Will that help?

i don't believe he will need a birth certificat from Libya. the one by the Embassy of India in Tripoli in an official proof. by the way i was born in france and i'm moroccan, so my case is like his case. even if he was born in libya he is not a libyan citizen

He will need the BC from Libya...the one from India won't help because India is one of the countries which is not eligible to apply for dv lottery...I hope this helps

He will need the BC from Libya...the one from India won't help because India is one of the countries which is not eligible to apply for dv lottery...I hope this helps

i inderstand...what about me (born in france but i'm not french citizen) and both France and Morocco are eligible

Hello guys, I am from Eritrea. I am a lucky winner of DV-2014 with CN 2014AF00102XXX, i guess my CN is too high. When do you think will I have my interview? I have also another question. Currently, I am in Kenya. But I will go to the USA in July, 2014 on an F1 visa. I contacted the International Admission office of the university that I am going to join in Fall and they said I should send the forms (DS-120, 2 P.s.Photos and the bar code page) to KCC asap and later on when i get to the USA I apply for AOS. I did not have my F1 visa yet, But I am pretty sure that I will have it in July. I have not sent any forms to KCC yet because somewhere in the thread I have read something like F & J are not a dual intent visas. Thus if the officers at the port of entry in the USA new about me applying for KCC they may deny me entry. Is that possible? do you think I should wait until I get to the USA or shall I simply send the forms to KCC? assuming I get safely to the USA on F1 visa, when do you think I will have my interview? what is the possiblity of an interview before Sept 30, 2014?

BTW, I have not seen any Eritrean on the thread!
God is good all the time!

Case No - DV2014AF00102XXX
Entry Checked - 15th May 2013
Forms sent To KCC - Not Yet!

Wow that is pretty high (but my other friend Obeezyb was higher than you at 105K).

In your case you'd be looking at becoming current in August or September 2014.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK or Washington Dulles

Last edited by a moderator:
DV Lottery 2014

Hello Everyone,

I am one of the successful selectees for DV 2014 and my Case No: 2014AFXXX5XXXX; I have already sent the DSP-122 (for me only), DS-230 and Barcode to KCC for me and the rest of my family.
However, it was snappy, because I have enough time that could have prevent me from errors.
Below are errors I made that make me worried, and seeking clarification as to whether they will affect us:

1, The DS-122 form specifies the following address ("see error in quotation mark");
Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, Kentucky Consular Center, 3505 N. Highway 25W, Williamsburg, KY 40769

But I used this;
"United States Department of State", Kentucky Consular Center, 3505 N. Highway 25W, Williamsburg, KY 40769

2, My son's age on my form and my wife form under 29. list names of all children is correct e.g. 01-07-9999.
But the age in our son's form is wrong, e.g. 02-07-9999. instead of January it has February.

3, Under 30. places you have lived since the age of 16, I wrote something for my children, even though they are below 5yrs

4, I only fill section 31a. (names of who will follow you), for me the principal candidate, and the rest I place N/A, and it is a family DV.

Please, any input absolutely will help release my stress over this.

Regards,

I made an inquiry about updating forms sent to KCC and below is a response I got from KCC:

Fiancées or common law spouses cannot be listed as a beneficiary on DV cases.

Once you are legally married, you may add your spouse to the case.

To add a spouse, please submit the following to KCC once you are married:

· Copy of marriage certificate with English translation

· Forms DS 230 Part I & II for spouse

· Updated DS 230 Part I for the principal applicant

· Passport style photo of the spouse

If you need additional copies of the forms, photocopies are acceptable or you may download them at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

A spouse and/or eligible children, unmarried and under the age 21 must have the above forms completed and returned before KCC can make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax. Information received at KCC after interview scheduling will be forwarded to the Embassy or the applicant may carry this information with them to their interview appointment.

Adding Newborn in form DS-230/Submission

Hello peeps,

Please I need someone's advice on how to include my newborn baby in form DS-230 as I have been selected in DV 2014. An urgent response would be appreciated; I have just confirmed my selection about a week ago.

Also, does KCC accept submission (scanned copies of forms and documents) via email?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: