• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

Yep - we've all experience that elation thinking you must rush to complete your forms and then start packing your bags - only to slowly realise that it is just the beginning of a very slow process....

Hang in there.

Hahaha....True man!
So we will be together, sharing what we are gonna face for the next almost one year or more.
Nice to meet you, am Ormania from Ethiopia.

I will be bugging you from time to time so don't get board of me friend.

CHEERS!:cool:

Yep - we've all experience that elation thinking you must rush to complete your forms and then start packing your bags - only to slowly realise that it is just the beginning of a very slow process....

Hang in there.

Hey Britsimon,

it is indeed a slow process but I do think people need to continue with their lives/plans and only make life changing decisions once the visa has been granted. It is indeed pointless to put your life on halt just because you might get a visa....

Hey Britsimon,

it is indeed a slow process but I do think people need to continue with their lives/plans and only make life changing decisions once the visa has been granted. It is indeed pointless to put your life on halt just because you might get a visa....

Agreed!

I am gitta from uganda a proud winner of the lottery 2013

Am so blessed for this opportunity and looking forward to sharing with u guys
thanks

hey... Don't worry, ormania, 10 month is less, compared what might waitin for u in U.S, hang in there, and pray GOD to get ur visa. Me too i won the lottery and u cannot imagine what i felt at the moment... Hahahah

Am so blessed for this opportunity and looking forward to sharing with u guys
thanks

Hello Gitta,

congratulations and I am also a first time winner from Uganda. I can see your CN (Case Number) is very low so start putting your documents together. Mine is rather high so I won't get interviewed till about next year in July, August or September.
Good luck and lets keep in touch.

Guys help please,

My documents detail from DHL is as follow....please let me know if it is a correct destination or not.
It indicated Erlanger instead of Wiliamsburg.....

Thursday, June 27, 2013 Location Time
17 Delivered - Signed for by : T CAMPBELL ERLANGER 10:50

16 With delivery courier ERLANGER, KY - USA 09:19

15 Arrived at Delivery Facility in ERLANGER - USA ERLANGER, KY - USA 09:03

14 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:00

13 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:55

12 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:55

11 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 01:23

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 Location Time
10 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 17:39

9 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 20:32

Thank you guys.

Guys help please,

My documents detail from DHL is as follow....please let me know if it is a correct destination or not.
It indicated Erlanger instead of Wiliamsburg.....

Thursday, June 27, 2013 Location Time
17 Delivered - Signed for by : T CAMPBELL ERLANGER 10:50

16 With delivery courier ERLANGER, KY - USA 09:19

15 Arrived at Delivery Facility in ERLANGER - USA ERLANGER, KY - USA 09:03

14 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:00

13 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:55

12 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:55

11 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 01:23

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 Location Time
10 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 17:39

9 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 20:32

Thank you guys.

Erlanger is where the courier is based.

T Campbell is usually the name of the person signing for the packages at KCC - so yes I think it got there safely!

Lol the amount of stress you guys are going through reminds me of me last year when I got selected!

As long as the KCC received your forms (and you filled them out correctly) you're fine so just chill, relax and wait till DV-2014 starts in October of this year :)

My one piece of advice (and I keep repeating this) is that you get all your civil and basic documents ready very early. Don't wait until the 2nd NL for basic documents otherwise you'll have to run around like headless chickens. The focus after your 2nd NL should be your police certificate(s), medical and making sure you have enough $$$ aka Benjamins :)

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

momo,

That's good word of advice. You are right we 2014ners should take it easy...:). The problem is we can't take it easy...lol
Insha'Allah I will be telling this same story to one of 2015 winner next year. I feel u man.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah we need to take it easy...lot of excitement and you end up making mistakes and you end up making mistakes.

Hi Ormania. Good to see another Ethiopian in this forum.
Iguess so far all of us CN start with AF0031XXX & 32XXX.

Long journey till April 2014 :)

In God's will we will make it!

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for a B1/B2 visa while waiting for DV 2N?

I have been to z US many times before & my visa just expired but not sure if will be allowed to renew.

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for a B1/B2 visa while waiting for DV 2N? Ip have been to the US many times and my visa just expired and will I be allowed to renew & visit?

Hi Ormania. Good to see another Ethiopian in this forum.
Iguess so far all of us CN start with AF0031XXX & 32XXX.

Long journey till April 2014 :)

In God's will we will make it!

Thank you Mercy, sure we will make it through to April, SSN,GC and beyond. My CN starts with 31 as u can see but we cant see yours, pls add all ur particulars as ur signature. regards.

Dear Friends, please help me with the following questions that are bugging me.

1) It just occurred to me after i red momo1980's post. He had to get his police clearance from where he is living now (Tanzania) plus where he lived (UK).
So does than mean i have also to get my police clearance from Abuja (Nigeria) where i lived for more than 4 years till end of 2010? Now i am living in Ethiopia, my home country. Do i have to prepare my police report both from Nigeria and Ethiopia? if yes when should i have to make it ready, before 2nd NL or after?

2) One of my Degree is from Nigeria and it is not easy for me to get the original diploma, what i have is the temporary. But i have the original B.A. Degree of my first degree from Ethiopia. DO you think i must get the one in Nigeria? is the one i have not enough?

3) What about the money issues i am hearing from old posts, are we required to show how much money we have in the bank? if yes how much is required to show up in the bank?

Thanking you all for the reply as usual.

Dear Friends, please help me with the following questions that are bugging me.

1) It just occurred to me after i red momo1980's post. He had to get his police clearance from where he is living now (Tanzania) plus where he lived (UK).
So does than mean i have also to get my police clearance from Abuja (Nigeria) where i lived for more than 4 years till end of 2010? Now i am living in Ethiopia, my home country. Do i have to prepare my police report both from Nigeria and Ethiopia? if yes when should i have to make it ready, before 2nd NL or after?

2) One of my Degree is from Nigeria and it is not easy for me to get the original diploma, what i have is the temporary. But i have the original B.A. Degree of my first degree from Ethiopia. DO you think i must get the one in Nigeria? is the one i have not enough?

3) What about the money issues i am hearing from old posts, are we required to show how much money we have in the bank? if yes how much is required to show up in the bank?

Thanking you all for the reply as usual.

1) Police Certificate - as you spent 4 years in Nigeria you must get a police certificate from there because I am presuming you were over 16 at the time and lived there for more than 12 months. Now this does not have to be 12 months straight but it can be 12 months or more aggregated together. If you mentioned living in Nigeria for this long on your forms then you will need a police certificate from there.

2) If you do not have the original degree then you must get someone to endorse the one you do have. For example the dean or professor in your university in Nigeria can write you a letter stating that the copy of the degree you have is authentic/certified. It would be even better if you sent your contact a copy of the degree and have them sign and endorse it personally along with a letter of affidavit. The point being here is that you want to avoid any unnecessary questions at the interview which will make you nervous.

3) You will need to have a savings amount above the official US poverty line so this would equate to being between $10,000 and $20,000. The key here is for the consular officer to be convinced that you will not become a public charge.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles