• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

Hi Sm1smom

Was your wife single when you put in her initial application and did she indicate she was single? If yes, which means she got married after her eDV application, I hope she included her/your marriage certificate with the forms she sent back to KCC. If she did not, you guys should re-send those forms with your marriage certificate.

She needs to get her international passport with your last name. KCC will not send confirmation receipt of your forms, unless you email to ask them if the forms were received, then they will respond to your email. You can also call for confirmation.

Does it really matter for married couples to have an affidavit sworn to change the wife's name for processing of Dv-Lottery? That one, I heard does not matter, the change of name is a decision for the couples to decide either to use their family given names or change the wife's surname to that of the husband.
By the way I stand to be corrected if am going off track.

My wife and I also sent our forms without the marriage certificate, can't we send a scanned copy to KCC and present the original during the interview? :confused:

Does it really matter for married couples to have an affidavit sworn to change the wife's name for processing of Dv-Lottery? That one, I heard does not matter, the change of name is a decision for the couples to decide either to use their family given names or change the wife's surname to that of the husband.
By the way I stand to be corrected if am going off track.

My wife and I also sent our forms without the marriage certificate, can't we send a scanned copy to KCC and present the original during the interview? :confused:

Were you married at the time of your eDV application or single. If married, AND, you indicated married at the time of the application, there's no need to send your marriage certificate to KCC. However, if you were single and you got married after the original application, then you need to include your marriage certificate with the forms you're sending to KCC to indicate your change in status. If you've already sent in the forms without the marriage certificate and your status has changed, I suggest you fill out another set of forms and send them as email attachments with a copy your marriage certificate to KCC.

Don't worry! For the DV, u r the ;petitioner so u can write ur own names or write N/A. For the beneficiaries, they are supposed to write the principal applicant's names.
halo my fellow brothers and sistaz i have a query in the column where they ask 4 the petitioner i wrote N/A is there any problem?kindly assit Gd bls u

Don't worry! For the DV, u r the ;petitioner so u can write ur own names or write N/A. For the beneficiaries, they are supposed to write the principal applicant's names.

You should not be encouraging people to put down the wrong information on their forms. Writing N/A in response to the Petitioner question is wrong! The principal applicant/DV Selectee is the Petitioner for the DV Lottery purpose.

Where are you all? I feel like I'm the only one on this forum! :p

Please register and post your case number and country of chargeability so we can support each other through this process :)

Sam Sauh
2014AF00023xxx

i am a 2014 Dv winner play single but got marry after playing is it passable to go with my wife on the program?

Hi All.
I am a proud winner of DV 2014 and from Ghana. Fourth time of playing, and got lucky this year.

I have a few questions of my own that have set me thinking.

3)One of my step-children will soon turn 21 this year but i included him in the EDV when he was almost 20years, what do i do with that?

4) I had an internship in New York some time back and applied for an SSN, but was denied, would it be a problem, and should i indicate on my form DS230 that I have applied for SSN before?

Someone should please advise since I want to get everything right. Forgive my long post.

Thanks

2014AF00005xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Was your wife single when you put in her initial application and did she indicate she was single? If yes, which means she got married after her eDV application, I hope she included her/your marriage certificate with the forms she sent back to KCC. If she did not, you guys should re-send those forms with your marriage certificate.

She needs to get her international passport with your last name. KCC will not send confirmation receipt of your forms, unless you email to ask them if the forms were received, then they will respond to your email. You can also call for confirmation.

we actually applied as couple bt she used her maiden name while i used mine.her status hv nt changed since dn

interview month

Am a dv2014 winner from Ghana and my case number is 2014AF00014xxx,when should i expect my interview.congrats to all winners

we actually applied as couple bt she used her maiden name while i used mine.her status hv nt changed since dn

I'm thinking you have two options:

1 - You guys sent back the forms using your wife's maiden name as her last name (since that is what is showing on her notification letter), correct? She can continue processing with her maiden name, you guys were married before the eDV, there shouldn't be any problem with that. Of course, a curious CO may wander as to why she's using her maiden name if that is not the usual practice in your country. Be prepared with a good explanation, and have lots of evidence in support of your marriage(apart from your marriage certificate). I suggest you send updated forms to KCC and include your marriage certificate, you can email KCC and attach the forms and marriage certificate. She applies for her international passport with her maiden name. This also means her GC will eventually be issued in her maiden name.

2 - Do an affidavit of support for a name change, she officially adopts your last name. Fill out new sets of forms, using the new last name. Email the forms, affidavit and marriage certificate to KCC. Your wife gets her international passport using your last name.

Good luck!

African winner but I live in Korea need a help

I'm African winner AF2014...22xxx. I wrote in the Kcc forms that the visa processing in US embassy in Seoul Korea . My question is my expected date will follow the numerical cut of number of Africa or my CN will changed to Asia?

Regardless of where you're interviewed, your interview date will follow the African Region cut-off numbers

I'm African winner AF2014...22xxx. I wrote in the Kcc forms that the visa processing in US embassy in Seoul Korea . My question is my expected date will follow the numerical cut of number of Africa or my CN will changed to Asia?

i am a 2014 Dv winner play single but got marry after playing is it passable to go with my wife on the program?

Hello Sauh,

yes it is possible. Just make sure that you and wife each fill in form DS-230 and you fill in form DSP-122. Also send with the forms a copy of your marriage certificate or any official document to show you are married.

2014 dv lottery winner in Cameroon

i am one of winners in cameroon and need to be edified on appropriate info in my app form. the fact that i don't got progress report cards for some educational institutions attended, though got all obtained certificates. shld i mention on the forms only the educational institutions for which i got transcripts or progress reports and leave out the rest. the institutions are mostly primary and secondary, through high school. how does this play at the consular office in yaounde?

Congratulation to all selectees

2014AF00055XXX
Entry Checked: 05.03.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 05.09.2013
Forms reach KCC: 05.13 .2013

Interview and police clearance

My CN is 2014AF00055xxx. I have two questions.
1. when should i expect my interview based on CN?
2. Is it advisable to prepare Police Clearance from back home Before i receive 2nd NL, as I am living outside of my country for the last 6 years?

Thank you in-advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
All i need now,is P&P (Prayers & Patience)
INTERVIEW will be a success soon
Faith is the assurance of thing hoped for with the evidence of things not seeing. HEB 11 vs 1

Hi, i still use my maiden name but been married for 7 years. we are married officially and have certificate and i also appled as married and have sent forms already. hope this is ok and i dont need to send kcc anything . but incase we have all proof....any advise house

case numbeer

hi guys iam a 2014 dv lottery winner but iam so worried of my case number. it looks to be the highest 2014AF00093xxx
iam so confused if at all i will get an interview... could anybody have an idea when this number can become current, and possible when i can get an interview.?