• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

My response is in color-
Hi All

I have couple of questions, it's going to be too many of them. I really need your advice so I appreciate your help in advance.

I just graduated from graduate school. I've been on OPT for almost a month and I have my EAD card. Here's the thing, I just got readmitted to my school for another master degree and I'm going to be a part-time student as I'm on OPT and I'm currently working 30 hours per week. Here are my questions and some one or I might have asked some of them before, sorry for repetition.

Should I write down my USCIS# on my EAD card as A#?
I think A# is different. I wasn't sure so i left it blank as most of the F1 students dont have a A#. Others can help on this.

My advisor told me I won' be issued another I-20 as long as I'm on OPT and asa my opt expires I would be issued an I-20 and I have to be full-time student. With that being said,What would my status be? Would my status expiration date be my OPT expiration date on my EAD card?
If ur I 94 says DS than put that in the expiration date or date on ur I 20. I think both should be fine.

What would my occupation be? should I write both my current job title and student?
Job title

In Application Type part of the form, which one should I choose? Part h? should I say something like I've been selected for DV Lottery 2013 or something?
Select H. "Diversity visa lottery winner. Copy of the letter attached"

I was questioned and fingerprinted at the port of entry, does it mean I should check Yes the part of the form where it's asked "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigrant Officer?"
Yes

Is non-immigarant Visa# the same as Control Number in my Visa?
It should be the numbers printed in red on ur visa.

I've asked this question before, but just want to double check it. I don't need to file I-765 again, don't I?
If you have a OPT card than i advice not to. Rest is ur choice.

Do I need send my I-20 from the time before being granted OPT?
You send all the I 20s you have latest being on the top.

Do I need to send any employment letter along with my check stubs for my current job and the ones before?
Employment letter for the current job

Do I need to send any letter or document showing that I got readmitted to school?
I 20 and a letter from DSO. You can also attach ur class schedule and Degree audit report.

I think that's all for now :p

I highly appreciate your help

My response is in color-

Thanks for your response. Being on OPT mean I-20 has already expired so I don't think I can put that as expiration of my status and for my new degree I won't be issued an I-20 at all. I think I should get an enrollment letter and send it along with my admission letter. In addition, when I got my medical tests done, my advisor told me to put my USCIS# as A# in the form. OMG, I'm so confused. Everyone says DV Lottery is straight forward but actually it's not. I-485 itself is pretty self explanatory but in general it's confusing :(

As being currently employed, do I need to send affidavit of support, based on poverty line table, I'm above the line.

Thank you

Thanks Kazore.. One more question

How info does Interview letter contain? Mine says: Please come to the Office shown below at the time and place specified in connection with an official matter.
USCIS A #: XXXXX
Office Location: XXXX
Date/Hour: XXXXX
ASk for: Interviewing Officer
Reason for appointment: I-485 interview
Bring with you: Government Issued Photo ID

This is all it contained. I did not see any case # or barcode #. Also USCIS did not ask for any supporting documents.

I have a question.
"Government Issued Photo ID" Can't I just bring my school ID picture or passport? It has to be from the US government? How?

My response is in color-

"1. USPS deliveries (Overnight)
As far as i know USPS dont do overnight, but Fedex does. If you using fedex, DHL, Spedee or UPS than use the adress for courier. If using USPS (Any mode) than use the PO box adress
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517"

So if we send it overnight, we send it to a different address then when we do For Express mail and courier deliveries?

1. Whats the difference of express mail and courier? (express sounds pretty fast but aren't others too?)
2. Why would they separate the I-485's like this? We pay a higher postal costs to get faster in line. But with dividing it it completely takes away the point. It'll be like separating it into super fast-fast-medium fast-normal... instead of just first come first serve -_-
geez

So I'm gonna send my package tomorrow (nervouss!!!) I'll probably chose the 1-2 days with tracking (no idea what its called).
Which address do I have to send it to? And does the address really make a difference since both are going to Chigaco anyways.

----------------

Btw, do we have to write anything on the money order except a typed 'USCIS'?
And do we have to write anything on the big envelope except for the Chigago address (return address? our code ID's?)

I want to make sure I got everything right! :D Thankiees~

Thanks for your response. Being on OPT mean I-20 has already expired so I don't think I can put that as expiration of my status and for my new degree I won't be issued an I-20 at all.

Thank you

When you start OPT you get issued a new I 20 for OPT period. It also mentions on page 3 of I 20 total OPT period available to you.

"1. USPS deliveries (Overnight)
As far as i know USPS dont do overnight, but Fedex does. If you using fedex, DHL, Spedee or UPS than use the adress for courier. If using USPS (Any mode) than use the PO box adress
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517"

So if we send it overnight, we send it to a different address then when we do For Express mail and courier deliveries?

1. Whats the difference of express mail and courier? (express sounds pretty fast but aren't others too?)
2. Why would they separate the I-485's like this? We pay a higher postal costs to get faster in line. But with dividing it it completely takes away the point. It'll be like separating it into super fast-fast-medium fast-normal... instead of just first come first serve -_-
geez

So I'm gonna send my package tomorrow (nervouss!!!) I'll probably chose the 1-2 days with tracking (no idea what its called).
Which address do I have to send it to? And does the address really make a difference since both are going to Chigaco anyways.

----------------

Btw, do we have to write anything on the money order except a typed 'USCIS'?
And do we have to write anything on the big envelope except for the Chigago address (return address? our code ID's?)

I want to make sure I got everything right! :D Thankiees~

Mel,
You freaking out a lot. Just take it easy.
If you use USPS (Post office) to send your papers than use the PO box address. If you use Fed ex or UPS than use FBAS address.

On the money order you should write US Department of Homeland Security not USICS.
You have to put a return address on the envelop.
Plz visit this page for more info http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548095-DV-2013-AOS-Only/page42

Last edited by a moderator:
Kay guys!
Here is what I'm gonna send tomorrow! :)

- 2 photographs (with signature, full name, DOB on the back)
- $1070 to the order of US Department of Homeland Security (and my case number on it)
- First Acceptance letter from KCC
- Acknowledge of AOS procedure
- Copy of my $330 receipt
- (huge) copy of my I-94
- I-20 (page 1,3,4 cause 2 is just about rules)
- copy of visa
- copy of bio page in passport
- proof of birth in dutch language, in indonesian, in english (stapled by mother, will tear out [and will leave mark], is this fine? cause the notary person signed and all that)
- Letter of declaration by highschool that my name is slightly different
- IGCSE certificate
- IGCSE results
- I-485
- huge envelope of medical
- cover letter

to
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

sound good? :)

Kay guys!
Here is what I'm gonna send tomorrow! :)

- 2 photographs (with signature, full name, DOB on the back)
- $1070 to the order of US Department of Homeland Security (and my case number on it)
- First Acceptance letter from KCC
- Acknowledge of AOS procedure
- Copy of my $330 receipt
- (huge) copy of my I-94
- I-20 (page 1,3,4 cause 2 is just about rules)
- copy of visa
- copy of bio page in passport
- proof of birth in dutch language, in indonesian, in english (stapled by mother, will tear out [and will leave mark], is this fine? cause the notary person signed and all that)
- Letter of declaration by highschool that my name is slightly different
- IGCSE certificate
- IGCSE results
- I-485
- huge envelope of medical
- cover letter

to
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

sound good? :)

G 325 A
G 1145 (Optional but highly recommended)
Copy of School id
Current transcripts (Optional)

When you start OPT you get issued a new I 20 for OPT period. It also mentions on page 3 of I 20 total OPT period available to you.

Well, I've never given a new I-20. I have the latest one which shows the duration of study has passed but on the back of it, it shows I'm OPT employment authorized and the date has not passed yet, actually I have a year.

Do you think I should not start my new program and put it off till Fall? I've already been admitted but I haven't registered for any classes yet. My advisor told me, I won't be given a new I-20 for my new program as I'm on OPT, is that right?
Let's say I register for a class in May, then I won't have an I-20 to send with my documents. Do you think sending just my admission letter plus an enrollment letter would be confusing and would bring this question that where my I-20 for new program is?

By the way, do I need to send a copy of my OPT card and my Social Security as well?

I've made copy of all the documents' official translation, I'm not gonna send the original ones, is that ok?

I sent DV fee payment in August, I believe. they sent me back the same form I had filled out and sent but stamped as Received. I also received an electronic file named "DV fee paid receipt" via Email but it doesn't actually look like a receipt. It says in order to complete payment of this fee, fill out the receipt form and send with your cashier's check..........

I got this after I had sent my cashier's check and after I received the stamped form. Is it alright? I totally forgot about it. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with it. Should I make a copy of the stamped form and send it and keep the original one for myself?

I know I'm asking too many questions, I'm extremely worried and confused.
Thank you

Well, I've never given a new I-20. I have the latest one which shows the duration of study has passed but on the back of it, it shows I'm OPT employment authorized and the date has not passed yet, actually I have a year.

Do you think I should not start my new program and put it off till Fall? I've already been admitted but I haven't registered for any classes yet. My advisor told me, I won't be given a new I-20 for my new program as I'm on OPT, is that right? Then, If I register for a class in May, I won't have an I-20 to send with my documents. Do you think sending just my admission letter plus an enrollment letter would be confusing and would bring this question that where my I-20 is?
Thank you

Since you don't have an I-20 for the new school, I'd say don't worry about it. Just because you have admission does not really mean anything, until you have your I-20 and are enrolled. I would not enroll in any classes yet. Chances are you'll get your GC before school starts so you won't even need an I-20. Your current status is OPT, send a copy of your I-20, a copy of your EAD, and a copy of the related notice you got from USCIS.

Mel,

Be sure to include forms G-325 and G-1145 with your package before mailing them. Yes, it's okay to leave the birth certificate and translations stapled together. Your school issued ID will not be acceptable as a form of identification at the time of your interview, if you don't have a driver's license, you can use your international passport. If you're using courier services to send in your package, use the FBAS address, and if using regular USPS, use the P.O.Box address

I have a question.
"Government Issued Photo ID" Can't I just bring my school ID picture or passport? It has to be from the US government? How?

Bring only your passport. It's the first thing that the interviewer officer will ask you.
School ID won't be accepted.

Hey guys,

Quick question: yesterday I got my interview letter, it arrived pretty fast, doesn't ask for any supporting documents so that's good. However, the address on it is wrong. I am referring to my address, the address it was mailed to. One of the digits in the house number is wrong but I am pretty sure the number they used does not exist. It arrived ok despite this but I am wondering if I should do something about it or not. I will obviously make sure they have the correct address when I go there and they will send the card afterwards (hopefully :) ) but before then I am fairly sure i do not need to receive anything. And USCIS does have the correct address, it is just this one FO letter that was wrong. So is there any other communication from them that might miss me if I don't fix this and also what is the best way to contact a FO in an effective way, since the letter itself has no email address or phone #.

Thanks in advance!

Oh!! Nit-picky thing! But for the I-485 SSN and A#, whenever I write none digitally, it turns into 00-000-000 or something.
Shall I leave it blank and write NONE with a pen? Or keep it 00-000-000 cause its neater? :)

Also, it asks 'Have you ever applied for permanent resident status inside the U.S?'
Well...we're filling the I-485 aren't we so yes?
(I never tried before, this is first time trying and winning..but we're living in the 'now' which we're trying..?)