• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Nope, no Alien number for F1s, unless you get an EAD for OPT, in which case you may or may not have an A#.

Expiration date for F1s is the date on your I-20. People write D/S, or the date on visa, or the date on I-20; I don't think you'll be grilled about that, but technically it's the date on I-20. Do not just leave it blank.

Thanks aos13,
I try finding A# on my EAD card(OPT) and didnt see one, so i left it blank. I already printed my application and everything and its all packed. Is it fine if i just use pen to write D/S or the date on I 20 on I 485?

Haha you caught me, I was freaked out :) I tend to be over worried as a person~ :p
Thanks sm1smom for everything~ You really do have a motherly figure :) That is..if you are a woman, cause I keep on reading 'mom' in your name :)

:) You're welcome, Sherlock Holmes! ;)

Thanks aos13,
I try finding A# on my EAD card(OPT) and didnt see one, so i left it blank. I already printed my application and everything and its all packed. Is it fine if i just use pen to write D/S or the date on I 20 on I 485?

Hmm, I don't know, how hard is it to print it again? I personally fill everything on computer so that I have a digital copy of everything I submitted.

It will be YES for you. lot of illegal immigrants also apply for GC and they just ran across the border or used other means. I 485 is common for everyone applying LPR and thats why they ask that question.

True, but not necessarily illegal. If a Canadian citizen hikes or sails from Canada to US to visit, he does not get inspected and is not necessarily illegal :) On a slightly related note, if somebody comes to US via Visa Waiver Program or similar visa exceptions, that person is not eligible for AOS.

True, but not necessarily illegal. If a Canadian citizen hikes or sails from Canada to US to visit, he does not get inspected and is not necessarily illegal :) On a slightly related note, if somebody comes to US via Visa Waiver Program or similar visa exceptions, that person is not eligible for AOS.

Then shall we write a yes or no?
Everyone that is not illegal and comes to the US on a plane has to go through this looong line. The line is divided into 2 'foreigners' and 'residents'. In foreigners the inspector checks your passport and visa.

But I don't know if the I-485 means that kind of normal inspection, or actually a 'someting-is-wrong-and-you-need-deeper-inspection'?

From my knowledge, whenever you have a long list of yes's and no's, and as long as you see the word 'trafficking, drugs, espionage, etc' checking everything no is always the best :p

I have a question~~

I got suggested in this forum that when submitting the I-485, I need my international advisor to write me this letter saying I indeed am enrolled in school.

I just got a reply today that the process would take 3-5 days. Whereas I'm planning to send my package tomorrow or May 1st.

I know it's a first come first serve basis, and I'm running out of time (medical expires in about a month).

Is it really necessary for me to have this letter? Is it gonna make a difference? Or shall I just send my package without the letter?
Any suggestions? :)

Then shall we write a yes or no?
Everyone that is not illegal and comes to the US on a plane has to go through this looong line. The line is divided into 2 'foreigners' and 'residents'. In foreigners the inspector checks your passport and visa.

But I don't know if the I-485 means that kind of normal inspection, or actually a 'someting-is-wrong-and-you-need-deeper-inspection'?

From my knowledge, whenever you have a long list of yes's and no's, and as long as you see the word 'trafficking, drugs, espionage, etc' checking everything no is always the best :p

Answer "Yes" to that question.

Well, I'm really nitpicking :D You have an F1 visa, so, yes you were inspected by an officer at the airport.

I just got a reply today that the process would take 3-5 days. Whereas I'm planning to send my package tomorrow or May 1st.

As long as you sent a copy of your I-20, you should be fine. You can take the letter to the interview, if you don't want to wait for it.

I have a question~~

I got suggested in this forum that when submitting the I-485, I need my international advisor to write me this letter saying I indeed am enrolled in school.

I know it's a first come first serve basis, and I'm running out of time (medical expires in about a month).

Is it really necessary for me to have this letter? Is it gonna make a difference? Or shall I just send my package without the letter?

My suggestion would be to go ahead and send your package with all the other documents you already have. You can present the letter at the time of your interview. Just make sure you have the letter by the time you go for the interview, you may want to make extra copies of the letter when you receive it. That's is what I would do if I was in your situation, I wouldn't delay any further with sending in the I-485 package.

Good luck!

Go to the Registrar's Office and get an Enrollment Verification. That's it!

Pryanik :)

I have a question~~

I completed my Bio-metric today @ 10:00 AM (scheduled date). When I came back home, I was surprised to have a letter from USCIS field office to appear for Interview on 5/23/2013. Looking at the trend, it normally used to take 2 weeks to get interview letter after fingerprinting.

Is this normal? Are things moving quicker as we are approaching the end of 2013 DV, and DV 2014 is to be announced in few days? Any body had similar experience?

My suggestion would be to go ahead and send your package with all the other documents you already have. You can present the letter at the time of your interview. Just make sure you have the letter by the time you go for the interview, you may want to make extra copies of the letter when you receive it. That's is what I would do if I was in your situation, I wouldn't delay any further with sending in the I-485 package.

Good luck!

Follow the mom's advice! :) That sounds like a good plan, thanks!

I completed my Bio-metric today @ 10:00 AM (scheduled date). When I came back home, I was surprised to have a letter from USCIS field office to appear for Interview on 5/23/2013. Looking at the trend, it normally used to take 2 weeks to get interview letter after fingerprinting.

Is this normal? Are things moving quicker as we are approaching the end of 2013 DV, and DV 2014 is to be announced in few days? Any body had similar experience?

Yes it happened to some people. It's a good thing, congratulations!

Yes it happened to some people. It's a good thing, congratulations!

Thanks Kazore.. One more question

How info does Interview letter contain? Mine says: Please come to the Office shown below at the time and place specified in connection with an official matter.
USCIS A #: XXXXX
Office Location: XXXX
Date/Hour: XXXXX
ASk for: Interviewing Officer
Reason for appointment: I-485 interview
Bring with you: Government Issued Photo ID

This is all it contained. I did not see any case # or barcode #. Also USCIS did not ask for any supporting documents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All

I have couple of questions, it's going to be too many of them. I really need your advice so I appreciate your help in advance.

I just graduated from graduate school. I've been on OPT for almost a month and I have my EAD card. Here's the thing, I just got readmitted to my school for another master degree and I'm going to be a part-time student as I'm on OPT and I'm currently working 30 hours per week. Here are my questions and some one or I might have asked some of them before, sorry for repetition.

Should I write down my USCIS# on my EAD card as A#?
My advisor told me I won' be issued another I-20 as long as I'm on OPT and asa my opt expires I would be issued an I-20 and I have to be full-time student. With that being said,What would my status be? Would my status expiration date be my OPT expiration date on my EAD card?

What would my occupation be? should I write both my current job title and student?

In Application Type part of the form, which one should I choose? Part h? should I say something like I've been selected for DV Lottery 2013 or something?

I was questioned and fingerprinted at the port of entry, does it mean I should check Yes the part of the form where it's asked "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigrant Officer?"

Is non-immigarant Visa# the same as Control Number in my Visa?

I've asked this question before, but just want to double check it. I don't need to file I-765 again, don't I?

Do I need send my I-20 from the time before being granted OPT?

Do I need to send any employment letter along with my check stubs for my current job and the ones before?

Do I need to send any letter or document showing that I got readmitted to school?

I think that's all for now :p

I highly appreciate your help

I-485 submission.

Guys,

I am on H1B. as advised by one of the member i don't need to file I-765 for myself just do it for my wife.
If I submit it will there be any problem or delay is process if i submit for both of us.

I am little nervous so asking silly questions.

When i am submitting all the documents like W2,1040, H1 approval notice shall i keep the old ones first or go with the latest copies first.

For my wife as i already discussed before that USPS lost her H4 approval notice and I just have her receipt copy.
Today I received her receipt for duplicate copy request, shall i include this in the package?

Which Chicago lock box address to use?

1. USPS deliveries (Overnight)

2. Express Mail or courier service :(

Thanks,

My response is in color-

Guys,

I am on H1B. as advised by one of the member i don't need to file I-765 for myself just do it for my wife.
If I submit it will there be any problem or delay is process if i submit for both of us.
Nope

I am little nervous so asking silly questions.

When i am submitting all the documents like W2,1040, H1 approval notice shall i keep the old ones first or go with the latest copies first.
Latest First
For my wife as i already discussed before that USPS lost her H4 approval notice and I just have her receipt copy.
Today I received her receipt for duplicate copy request, shall i include this in the package?
Yes, it wont harm.
Which Chicago lock box address to use?

1. USPS deliveries (Overnight)
As far as i know USPS dont do overnight, but Fedex does. If you using fedex, DHL, Spedee or UPS than use the adress for courier. If using USPS (Any mode) than use the PO box adress
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

2. Express Mail or courier service :(

Thanks,