• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Big relief, ehy? Congrats!!

Hey folks. I had done my interview this morning. Everything went smooth. IO asked me questions related all the forms that I filed. I just checked the uscis website. My status jumped from acceptance to card/document production. Big relief!!!! Thanks everyone who helped me through my process. without you, things would be a lot difficult!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
Congratulations Varxx!!!
Pryanik :)
Congrats Varxx. Cheers :)
Congrats varxx!!!

Congratulations mgcelik!!!

Hey folks. I had done my interview this morning. Everything went smooth. IO asked me questions related all the forms that I filed. I just checked the uscis website. My status jumped from acceptance to card/document production. Big relief!!!! Thanks everyone who helped me through my process. without you, things would be a lot difficult!

This is how the updates went for us on USCIS website.......

On 04/16 after interview our case was updated to CPO and few hours later it changed to Decision. On 04/19 it again changed to CPO stating that they ordered production of card for us. On 04/22 morning we received WL and also the status stayed CPO, cards are mailed. On 04/22 late afternoon the status again went back to Decision with information that a notice was mailed, informing the new resident status. On the same evening at 8pm the information was updated to CPO again but this time with tracking number.
On 04/24 morning we received our cards :)

I was freaking out too.....this is absolutely normal, just relax.

My status jumped back to decision from card production. is this normal?

Hey all~
Okay, this will be a bunch of questions because I want to make sure I'm right. I tend to be clumsy but this GC has no room for that! I will super-appreciate the ones who are willing to answer :) It would be awesome if you could add your additional knowledge regardless if someone replied before. Super duper thanks in advance!

1) My number is in the 26,000's while the 27,500's will be current in May..(meaning I'm current May right?)

2) So I'm gonna send my I-485 on the first of May. Is this possible? Or do I have to wait until they send me some letter with instructions through mail?

3) I will send to them my:
a. I-485
b. IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) certificates. Because I didn't have to finish high school thanks to these (so technically I didn't finish high school).
c. Birth certificate COPY, in Dutch Language (I was born in Dutch), Indonesian language (translated from dutch), Indonesian translated to English, and Dutch translated to English ( equals 4 papers). Is this too much?
d. Police records: It says "Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit police certificates to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview.". I never committed a crime, do I still have to do this step?
e. My Selectee notification letter.
f. Passport copies of my visa.

4) From my understandings, all these has to be COPIES, not original. Am I correct?

5) I don't need to submit those that do not apply such as court and prison records, marriage records, deportation records, etc if it doesn't apply to me right?

6)Do I have to send pictures of myself along with this? How many?

7) Last picture I took was about a year ago, but in the correct format. I do not look different. Can I use it?

8) Do I have to send my DSP-122 and DS-203?

9) Do I have to send my ORIGINAL medical examinations (the one that is sealed)?

10) Is there anything else I'm missing? Please please do think throughout :(

11) While sending my I-485, I need to send the money order of $1070 to the Department of Homeland Security. Correct?

12) Do I need proof that UCSIC granted me eligible for AOS? I asked the twice through the phone, both granted me. But the phone is no proof.

13) Do I need to send my DV payment receipt?

-------------------

So after all this, am I correct that as a foreign student, I do NOT need:
I) My parent's proof of work documents.
II) transcripts of grades

-------------

Besides this, when and how can I do my biometrics? Who do I contact and do I have to do it after I send my I-485? Do I have to wait until I-485 acceptance before I can do biometrics?

-------------------------

I've been doing research but there is no one site that gives me a complete list. I hope that you fellow experienced AOS friends can help me out :) Sorry if some questions sound 'obvious', but I'm actually really quite unsure.
Thanks all!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Response Below:

1. In part ONE it asks "C/O (in care of)". I'm a student on a F-1 and am renting a floor from a landlord. I live with my older sister here who is also on F-1. I don't talk to the landlord so she's not really taking care of me is she? My sister, being the older sibling automatically takes care of me but she's just a sister, not some kind of adult that works etc. Neither my parents live in America. What shall I write down? The "c/o" is really for mail receipt. You can leave that section blank if you have direct access to your mail, you only need to fill it out if you're using someone else's address to receive mail, or you don't live at the address and you need this person to receive mail on your behalf.

Sm1smom, you mentioned "You can leave that section blank if you have direct access to your mail."
Is it really okay to leave it blank? Shall I at least write N/A or None?

Congrats varxx and mgcelik! :)

Ok here goes:

Hey all~
Okay, this will be a bunch of questions because I want to make sure I'm right. I tend to be clumsy but this GC has no room for that! I will super-appreciate the ones who are willing to answer :) It would be awesome if you could add your additional knowledge regardless if someone replied before. Super duper thanks in advance!

1) My number is in the 26,000's while the 27,500's will be current in May..(meaning I'm current May right?)
Yes

2) So I'm gonna send my I-485 on the first of May. Is this possible? Or do I have to wait until they send me some letter with instructions through mail?
Send it, they won't contact you.

3) I will send to them my:
a. I-485
b. IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) certificates. Because I didn't have to finish high school thanks to these (so technically I didn't finish high school).
c. Birth certificate COPY, in Dutch Language (I was born in Dutch), Indonesian language (translated from dutch), Indonesian translated to English, and Dutch translated to English ( equals 4 papers). Is this too much?
No, not at all.
d. Police records: It says "Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit police certificates to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview.". I never committed a crime, do I still have to do this step?
No.
e. My Selectee notification letter.
f. Passport copies of my visa.
and the bio page in passport, and I-94 copy.
4) From my understandings, all these has to be COPIES, not original. Am I correct?
YES! :)
5) I don't need to submit those that do not apply such as court and prison records, marriage records, deportation records, etc if it doesn't apply to me right?
Correct.
6)Do I have to send pictures of myself along with this? How many?
Yes, two pics with your name and DOB written behind.
7) Last picture I took was about a year ago, but in the correct format. I do not look different. Can I use it?
Go ahead and get new pics in a post office or fedex, tell them for passport.
8) Do I have to send my DSP-122 and DS-203?
No, you should have sent those to KCC already.

9) Do I have to send my ORIGINAL medical examinations (the one that is sealed)?
YES!! Make sure it is sealed.
10) Is there anything else I'm missing? Please please do think throughout :(
There are a few lists posted in this thread before, please check with them.
11) While sending my I-485, I need to send the money order of $1070 to the Department of Homeland Security. Correct?
Hmm, I don't remember, please look at the USCIS site, i-485 instructions.
12) Do I need proof that UCSIC granted me eligible for AOS? I asked the twice through the phone, both granted me. But the phone is no proof.
If you received the e-mail from KCC that acknowledges your intent to AOS, send a copy of that.

13) Do I need to send my DV payment receipt?
Yes, a copy of it ;)
-------------------

So after all this, am I correct that as a foreign student, I do NOT need:
I) My parent's proof of work documents.
II) transcripts of grades

You have to send a copy of your current I-20, and sending a transcript is a really good idea, and you need to send a letter that proves that you are still a student, talk to your int'l student advisor to get a letter.

You'll also need a letter of employment if you are employed on campus, otherwise some other proof that you have enough finances to qualify for DV.
-------------

Besides this, when and how can I do my biometrics? Who do I contact and do I have to do it after I send my I-485? Do I have to wait until I-485 acceptance before I can do biometrics?
They'll contact you about the bio date.
-------------------------

I've been doing research but there is no one site that gives me a complete list. I hope that you fellow experienced AOS friends can help me out :) Sorry if some questions sound 'obvious', but I'm actually really quite unsure.
Thanks all!!!

Reading this thread from the beginning should answer almost all your questions.

Hi Guys,

On 04.23 we went to interview. After interview he didn't say something about result. I checked forum and I saw everyone got the result who got interview. We are waiting any notice, welcome letter etc. Just I wonder everybody got their results after interview.

Hi Guys,

On 04.23 we went to interview. After interview he didn't say something about result. I checked forum and I saw everyone got the result who got interview. We are waiting any notice, welcome letter etc. Just I wonder everybody got their results after interview.

Hi berk77

Congratulation on finishing your interview.
Are you checking your online-status below?
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

If everything is done smoothly, online status tends to change to "CPO" or "Decision" after the interview, although on-line status has some delay sometimes.

however, in some instance, such as background check is not done, your online status might be still in "initial review" for a while.

BTW, Interview can be scheduled based on the availability of FO even FBI background check is not done.

But do not worry, most likely your card is on your way. If you do not hear from FO or USCIS within 4 weeks from the day of interview, you can follow up with your FO.

Meanwhile, if you dont mind, could you update your information in the following excel spreadsheet for others??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

First of all Aos, Thank Yooooouuuuuu!!!!! :D:eek::)
You helped ALOT and super quick!!!!! :D
I still have a little bit of questions to your answers:

Ok here goes:

f you received the e-mail from KCC that acknowledges your intent to AOS, send a copy of that.

I did not get anything since everything was confirmed through phone? Would it be okay to just leave it at that or do I have to email them? (Getting a reply would take weeks to months though :( )

You'll also need a letter of employment if you are employed on campus, otherwise some other proof that you have enough finances to qualify for DV.

I'm not an employee, how can I proof my finances?
I'm using citibank if it's related to it.

I did not get anything since everything was confirmed through phone? Would it be okay to just leave it at that or do I have to email them? (Getting a reply would take weeks to months though :( )

When you sent your DSP form to KCC, did you fill in any e-mail address in that form? If not, they couldn't send you the letter, I suggest you contact KCC and ask them how you can get that letter that simply says they acknowledge your intention to do AOS. I don't know how crucial that letter is, but all of us sent a copy of it with our I-485.

You have to show that you have enough money in the bank or employment in order to qualify. Take a look at the poverty guidelines:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

If you have that much in the bank, get a letter from the bank. Otherwise you may have to find a sponsor in US and fill a I-134.

www.uscis.gov/i-134

Recent F1 AOSers can jump in and give more details about their interview, whether they were asked a I134 or not.

"You have to show that you have enough money in the bank or employment in order to qualify."

Aos, I'm a student and am not employed. My dad gives me allowance every month, that's how I live by. So my bank account doesn't show that I have so much money I can live the rest of my life with it, no. What it does show though that I never went on a negative number. Would that be enough?

Recent F1 AOSers can jump in and give more details about their interview, whether they were asked a I134 or not.[/ what did you guys show regarding finance? I know F1 are not allowed to receive payment. Please? :)

Do I have to send pictures of myself along with this? How many?

Yes, two pics with your name and DOB written behind.

As in just write with a pen on the back of the photograph itself?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I will pay USCIS a money order of $985 along with $85 for biometrics.

1)Can I send a total of $1070 in one money order or do I have to separate them?

2)I live in California, meaning I send my I-485 to:
USCIS
PO Box 21281
Phoenix, AZ 85036

correct?

3) Will the money order be send along with the I-485 to the same address? Or do I send each to different places?

Vital questions

Hello everyone,
4 more days till I send my application package (I-485).
I have some final questions (Few may be obvious):

1. Is the fee for AOS 1070$ ? For some reason I get confused with 440$.
2. Do I need to include my I-134 in the package? SOme say Yes, Some say No. I would prefer NOT. Please let me know on this.
3. I am an F1 graduating this June. No job. Looking for a sponsor. What do they require the sponsor to show as his supporting documents? Will the pay stubs, tax returns for 5 years, an employment letter from the current company and a 3 month bank statement suffice? Please note that the statement can only be taken for 3 months if required. Is that OK? Some say its fine, some say it should be for 1 year, some say 3, some said 5. Please let me know on this too.
Awaiting your help,
Cheers!

First of all Aos, Thank Yooooouuuuuu!!!!! :D:eek::)
You helped ALOT and super quick!!!!! :D
I still have a little bit of questions to your answers:

Ok here goes:

f you received the e-mail from KCC that acknowledges your intent to AOS, send a copy of that.

You need to send the second letter, the one that acknowledges of your AOS request, that's it. Don't forget also to send receipt of the DV fee of $330.
Don't worry about financial statements. You'll need that for the interview.