• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Immigration Medical

This week i was trying to do my medical. I called the doctor and he told me, that i can do the vaccinations outside and bring him the paper, or else it will cost me more. I live on the small county, there is a small county health department but i cant find where the heck it is, its not on the map where its supposed to be, i called them and it always go to answering machine. I even tried CVS/Wallgreen and they don't offer those vaccinations. I take the appointment to the doctor after 1 week hoping that i will get the vaccinations outside. Do you guys know any other place where i can get those vaccinations?

Is there only one civil surgeon listed for your county? What is the price range he gave you?

This week i was trying to do my medical. I called the doctor and he told me, that i can do the vaccinations outside and bring him the paper, or else it will cost me more. I live on the small county, there is a small county health department but i cant find where the heck it is, its not on the map where its supposed to be, i called them and it always go to answering machine. I even tried CVS/Wallgreen and they don't offer those vaccinations. I take the appointment to the doctor after 1 week hoping that i will get the vaccinations outside. Do you guys know any other place where i can get those vaccinations?

Well, it's not a bad estimate to start with.

Mine cost me $200 for the paper work, Tb skin test and the vaccines. My doctor actually recommended just one vaccine, the Tdap/Td (this was part of the $200 he charged). For the MMR, the blood work he ordered indicated I'm immune to it, so he simply put "VH" under that section and didn't give me the vaccine - I already had measles as a kid anyways. For the chest x-ray which he later ordered because my reaction size was >5mm, (again, this was because I got a BCG vaccine as a baby), I was able to charge to my medical insurance (this would have been an additional $20.00). The doctor decided I didn't need all the other vaccines because they were not "age appropriate".

So if you can determine from your doctor exactly which vaccines you need to take, then you may be able to get these from Walgreens/Walmart/CVC (I normally wouldn't recommend this). Again I suggest you shop around and compare prices.

I originally got a price range of $240 - $700 before I found this guy who explained I didn't need to get all the vaccines. The only other vaccine that I 'escaped' from getting is the flu shot because my medical exam was done outside of the flu season.

Hope this helps!

he is asking for $150 for paperwork and skin Tb test, i have to pay for extra vaccination

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's not a bad estimate to start with.

Mine cost me $200 for the paper work, Tb skin test and the vaccines. My doctor actually recommended just one vaccine, the Tdap/Td (this was part of the $200 he charged). For the MMR, the blood work he ordered indicated I'm immune to it, so he simply put "VH" under that section and didn't give me the vaccine - I already had measles as a kid anyways. For the chest x-ray which he later ordered because my reaction size was >5mm, (again, this was because I got a BCG vaccine as a baby), I was able to charge to my medical insurance (this would have been an additional $20.00). The doctor decided I didn't need all the other vaccines because they were not "age appropriate".

So if you can determine from your doctor exactly which vaccines you need to take, then you may be able to get these from Walgreens/Walmart/CVC (I normally wouldn't recommend this). Again I suggest you shop around and compare prices.

I originally got a price range of $240 - $700 before I found this guy who explained I didn't need to get all the vaccines. The only other vaccine that I 'escaped' from getting is the flu shot because my medical exam was done outside of the flu season.

Hope this helps!

I think what matters is when the person is filing for AOS not when the medical test is done so if we file on October we must get the flu vaccine.

Pryanik :)

Maybe! Will let the house know if my medical gets rejected for non flu vaccine based on when it was done.

I think what matters is when the person is filing for AOS not when the medical test is done so if we file on October we must get the flu vaccine.

Pryanik :)

I just did the medical exam and I only paid a copay of $15. Everything was paid by the insurance. The total cost paid by the insurance to the doctor and the lab is $985. I had the BCG when I was a child but I didn't need x rays, the reaction was just 4mm wide. I also had 2 vaccinations Tdap/Td and MMR. The doctor recommended me not to procreate or donate sperm for 3 months.

Hi everyone

I've been selected for DV 2013, but my number is very high, 8XXX . I'm really stressed out 'cause cut-off numbers are very low for Asia this year. I'm on F1 visa now and I'll graduate in May. Is that possible for me not be current at all if they keep calling numbers by 450 each month? I was so happy the time I found out that I've been selected but now I sometimes think I won't get at all. Can someone estimate when I'll be current? will I be still able to adjust my status after graduation?

Thank You

You are very fortunate! :eek: The civil surgeons in my county were a greedy lot. They all refused to accept medical insurance for immigration medicals, some even insisted on a cash only method of payment - wouldn't consider credit card or personal checks!:(

I just did the medical exam and I only paid a copay of $15. Everything was paid by the insurance. The total cost paid by the insurance to the doctor and the lab is $985. I had the BCG when I was a child but I didn't need x rays, the reaction was just 4mm wide. I also had 2 vaccinations Tdap/Td and MMR. The doctor recommended me not to procreate or donate sperm for 3 months.

Yes I know, I called several other doctors that said it is not covered by the insurance. I'm in New York and there is a wide choice of doctors.

That is good to know. I will try with the civil surgeon in my area and see if he will accept insurance. Thanks for the information!

I am not sure when exactly you will be current. I am also from Asia and have a fairly high number 58xx. I think you just have to stay calm and hope for the best. I have a friend who had a high number 2 years ago and he in fact submit AOS application sometime in September, a month before the closing date for the green card application process. He still got it. If you will be graduating in may, then you can apply for OPT to keep you in status while waiting for the visa number to be current. Hoping for the best for you. I am in the same shoe like you. I will graduate this May as well.

Romeo

I am also the selectee of DV 2013 lottery but I haven't started anything in the process yet. I have a few questions:

1. I am in the United States with F-1 visa, and I have a girlfriend (she is also holding a F-1 visa) and we are planning for marriage in this month or November. Can I send the forms to KCC after marriage and get her a green card? (I was single when I apply the DV 2013 application) So after marriage, I send it DSP-122 and DSP-230 (with my fiancee) and photographs of us?

2. As I do the AOS and pay the fee, do I send it $660 with my fiancee or I just send it $330 for myself?

I don't know if it will be urgent. Please advice and I will really appreciate.

Hi, I have a question about the CN because of low cut off for Asia. Asia total have 16044 winners of DV 2013. So, is it the highest CN will be 2013AS00016044? Will other regions affect CN of Asia? Thanks.

I am also the selectee of DV 2013 lottery but I haven't started anything in the process yet. I have a few questions:

1. I am in the United States with F-1 visa, and I have a girlfriend (she is also holding a F-1 visa) and we are planning for marriage in this month or November. Can I send the forms to KCC after marriage and get her a green card? (I was single when I apply the DV 2013 application) So after marriage, I send it DSP-122 and DSP-230 (with my fiancee) and photographs of us?

2. As I do the AOS and pay the fee, do I send it $660 with my fiancee or I just send it $330 for myself?

What is your case number?
Yes send the forms and photos only after your marriage, that's a judicious decision. You still have plenty of time. DV2013 just started this month. I believe you'll have to pay $660. I'm not sure. You don't have to pay the fee now but after you send the forms. Felicitation for your wedding.

You should paye for you and your fiancee..For your first concern I don't have any idea.

What is your case number?
Yes send the forms and photos only after your marriage, that's a judicious decision. You still have plenty of time. DV2013 just started this month. I believe you'll have to pay $660. I'm not sure. You don't have to pay the fee now but after you send the forms. Felicitation for your wedding.

Thanks for your reply. My case number is 2013AS000030**. So the process time depends on the case number? Or first come first serve? Okay then I pay it after the submission of forms. And for my parents, I know they are not going to live in U.S. with me. So I don't need to file anything for them, right? What if they want to come after several years after their B2 visa expires?

Does anyone have same situation like me?

I got receipt number already, they still show
"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283." In USCIS website

Does anyone have same situation like me?

I got receipt number already, they still show
"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283." In USCIS website

What receipt?