• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I would suggest sending it in on Sept 30th with a next day delivery service so it is received Oct 1st., interview is scheduled based on when the forms are received. However, since Sept. 30th is a Sunday, you might want to send it in on Sept 28th.

Good luck!

That's not true ... interviews are scheduled based on how busy the respective field offices are. This will definitely vary from field office to field office.

The respective FO's will most certainly not place an application received, for instance, on October 10th ahead of that received on Oct. 1st regardless of how busy or not they are (provided of course both applications are in order). Bottom line is the applications will be processed through the Chicago Lockbox and sent to the respective FO in the order in which they are received!

That's not true ... interviews are scheduled based on how busy the respective field offices are. This will definitely vary from field office to field office.

1. That is fine. However, you may want to touch base with your high school and see if they can provide you with official documentation that proves you have completed high school. Anything you can provide as proof of employment among the three you have mentioned is fine.

2. If you have no criminal history, I have read in previous threads that there's no need for these to be submitted. However, if you can get hold of them, just so you can be on the safe side, that will be great.

3. That is correct. When you receive your interview letter, they may ask you to submit I-864 or I-134, but do not worrt about it for now.

Hello, I'm working on my I-485 and have the following questions. I have found conflicting info on this forum so I'm not quite sure what to do:

1. High School Diploma vs. Work History
I went to high school in the U.S., but I cannot find my diploma. I think I can still claim eligibility with my work history. I'm a computer programmer and have been employed since 2006. I also have a BS and MS degree, so I will submit copies of my BS and MS diploma. I want to make sure this is fine. Also for proof of employment, do I submit my tax returns, W-2s, or check stubs?

2. Criminal History and Police Clearance
I have no criminal history in my home country or in the U.S. Do I need to do this? Or is this only for people who have committed a crime and need to submit something to explain what they did?

3. Affidavit of Support/Employment Letter
Again, do I need to submit this with my I-485 application? The instructions say this is needed for marriage or employment based application, so it shouldn't apply to DV. Correct?

I appreciate you spending time answering my questions. Thank you!!

Waiting Confirmation from KCC

Hello to everyone,

I have some inquiries regarding my Visa progress.

1. I have sent on June 1st the application forms to KCC but when I sent email to them twice, I got twice the same reply. [ My DV Visa is 2013 ]

"Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow two to four weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner."

Do I have to wait more ? I contacted KCC on the phone and they tell me to expect their response on September, Shall I request a confirmation email reporting they received my Application Forms ? What Shall I ask them on the next phone call ?

4. The priority depends on my Case Number ?

3. I wonder where ( Bank account Number ) and how will I pay the DV Fees ?

4. Do someone knows how long it takes to get the Green Card after the Embassy Interview will took place ?

Thank you in Advance

konstantinos / Greece

konstantinos,

1. That reply is an automated message. Sometimes it takes several weeks for them to get back to you. So be patient. You can always try to call in. It is much faster to get updates on your records this way.

2. Yes. The priorities are mainly based on your case number, when you have submitted your documents, and how busy the center where you are going to have your interview is.

3. For someone who is doing an adjust of status here in America, he/she needs to do the followings to pay the DV fees. http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

4. This Thread is mainly for people doing Adjust of Status (AOS) in America. I don't know anything about the consular process (going through an embassy or consulate center outside the US).

*** Please remember that the DV fee payment procedure explained at (3) is for AOSers. If you are going through the consulate procedure, you have to pay the fees in a different way. Please check on that since I don't want to mislead you.

Hello to everyone,

I have some inquiries regarding my Visa progress.

1. I have sent on June 1st the application forms to KCC but when I sent email to them twice, I got twice the same reply. [ My DV Visa is 2013 ]

"Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow two to four weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner."

Do I have to wait more ? I contacted KCC on the phone and they tell me to expect their response on September, Shall I request a confirmation email reporting they received my Application Forms ? What Shall I ask them on the next phone call ?

4. The priority depends on my Case Number ?

3. I wonder where ( Bank account Number ) and how will I pay the DV Fees ?

4. Do someone knows how long it takes to get the Green Card after the Embassy Interview will took place ?

Thank you in Advance

konstantinos / Greece

Thank you! :D

1. That is fine. However, you may want to touch base with your high school and see if they can provide you with official documentation that proves you have completed high school. Anything you can provide as proof of employment among the three you have mentioned is fine.

2. If you have no criminal history, I have read in previous threads that there's no need for these to be submitted. However, if you can get hold of them, just so you can be on the safe side, that will be great.

3. That is correct. When you receive your interview letter, they may ask you to submit I-864 or I-134, but do not worrt about it for now.

Public Assistance Question

Hi,
I have a question regarding public assistance. If a student has received financial aid, is it considered as a public charge, and shall he answer 'yes' on Question 2 in the I-485?
Thank you for the help.

What type of financial aid is it? If it was Graduate Assistantship (GA) from the university, then no, don't worry about it.

Hi,
I have a question regarding public assistance. If a student has received financial aid, is it considered as a public charge, and shall he answer 'yes' on Question 2 in the I-485?
Thank you for the help.

I need your advices

Hi guys. I'm F-1 visa and my spouse has B-1(Tourist) I'm eligible for AOS. But i wonder is she eligible too. She is with me in US right now and her I-94 will expire 12/28/2012.

Thank you...

I485 package questions

Dear all,

I have some questions in regards to I485 package, hope I could have some helps. Thank you very much.

1. In birth certificate, it has my country government stamp but not in English, do I have to bring it to notarize in the US?

2. In birth certificate, do I must have my parents’ date of birth??(current one I have only have my date and place of birth and parents name, that’s it)

3. For education, can me and my wife only send a copy of US school Diploma of Master? I saw the checklist of others and he mentioned about high school, college, etc diploma and “transcripts”. Thus, we are so confused..

4. Is an employment letter necessary? My company does not gave the letter.. but I can have all the paystubs. Tax return form and W2 needed to send in?

5. What we have to submit for Affidavit? We do not have any sponsor…

6. My wife is renewing her working visa(H1) (current one will expire in September), and she has only Receipt # now for renewing H1, so we will have to make copies of her current H1 and Receipt number?

7. I485 package forms: I693, I765, G325A, I131, and other forms missing?

8. The barcode notification, would it mean the barcode in first welcome letter in the online system?

9. What to put for A# in I485 form? Agent said don't put anything even OPT and H1 have A#..

Thank you very much for help.

P.S. I have called USCIS try to find out these answers myself first but the lady was rude and rushing.. so I could not have all above clear answer. Sorry for inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Financial Aid

What type of financial aid is it? If it was Graduate Assistantship (GA) from the university, then no, don't worry about it.

Thank you Amine for your quick response.
I will try to give more detail regarding my situation. I am a PhD sponsored student (scholarship from my country, that includes tuition fees, monthly allowance, fully covered health and dental insurance). I am expecting to graduate in 2014. Due to out of my control circumstances(problems back in my country)I took a finical aid, only once, last year based on economic hardship. Then I got a scholarship (a donor has decided to help me) and he is continuing to help me. Considering all these do you still think I shall answer 'NO' to public assistance question (Q2 in Part 3) in I-485.
Thank you so much for the help. I am a little worried.

I would guess if she has a valid I-94, then she can do AOS as long as you guys are eligible to submit your I-485 before her I-94 expires.

However, to be on the safe side, please call the USCIS at 800-375-5283 and ask them.

Hi guys. I'm F-1 visa and my spouse has B-1(Tourist) I'm eligible for AOS. But i wonder is she eligible too. She is with me in US right now and her I-94 will expire 12/28/2012.

Thank you...

Here's the link to the USCIS public charge list:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=8a2f6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

One of the things on the list that is NOT considered public charge (not considered public assistance) is "Educational assistance (such as attending public school), including benefits under the Head Start Act and aid for elementary, secondary or higher education."

If this one applies to you, then do not worry.

Thank you Amine for your quick response.
I will try to give more detail regarding my situation. I am a PhD sponsored student (scholarship from my country, that includes tuition fees, monthly allowance, fully covered health and dental insurance). I am expecting to graduate in 2014. Due to out of my control circumstances(problems back in my country)I took a finical aid, only once, last year based on economic hardship. Then I got a scholarship (a donor has decided to help me) and he is continuing to help me. Considering all these do you still think I shall answer 'NO' to public assistance question (Q2 in Part 3) in I-485.
Thank you so much for the help. I am a little worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. No. A normal copy will suffice.

2. Submit your birth certificate as it is (do not worry if there's "missing information" on it).

3. A copy of the diplomas will be enough.

4. Send a couple of recent paystubs.

5. Do not worry about this for now. If the USCIS requires you to submit one, they will mention it in the INTERVIEW LETTER.

6. Yes.

7. Don't forget to submit I-485.

8. Yes.

9. You may provide your I-94 number as your A# (if you have an OPT card, there's an A# on it).

Dear all,

I have some questions in regards to I485 package, hope I could have some helps. Thank you very much.

1. In birth certificate, it has my country government stamp but not in English, do I have to bring it to notarize in the US?

2. In birth certificate, do I must have my parents’ date of birth??(current one I have only have my date and place of birth and parents name, that’s it)

3. For education, can me and my wife only send a copy of US school Diploma of Master? I saw the checklist of others and he mentioned about high school, college, etc diploma and “transcripts”. Thus, we are so confused..

4. Is an employment letter necessary? My company does not gave the letter.. but I can have all the paystubs. Tax return form and W2 needed to send in?

5. What we have to submit for Affidavit? We do not have any sponsor…

6. My wife is renewing her working visa(H1) (current one will expire in September), and she has only Receipt # now for renewing H1, so we will have to make copies of her current H1 and Receipt number?

7. I485 package forms: I693, I765, G325A, I131, and other forms missing?

8. The barcode notification, would it mean the barcode in first welcome letter in the online system?

9. What to put for A# in I485 form? Agent said don't put anything even OPT and H1 have A#..

Thank you very much for help.

P.S. I have called USCIS try to find out these answers myself first but the lady was rude and rushing.. so I could not have all above clear answer. Sorry for inconvenience.

Form I485 Part2

Hi,

I'm trying to fill I-485 forms. It says Diversity Lottery Visa Winner eligible to file form I-485 part 2 section h on the form. I'm a winner and i will apply for my wife to. I read the instruction and i didnt understand what section is fit for my wife.

My question is which section is fit for my wife? Is she has to choose h section? If she choose h section what she has to write there?

Thank you for help...

Hi,

I'm trying to fill I-485 forms. It says Diversity Lottery Visa Winner eligible to file form I-485 part 2 section h on the form. I'm a winner and i will apply for my wife to. I read the instruction and i didnt understand what section is fit for my wife.

My question is which section is fit for my wife? Is she has to choose h section? If she choose h section what she has to write there?

Thank you for help...

I think, you need to check mark on option "b" for your wife. I also have the similar situation, so.

I do have another question, my wife (principle applicant) in dependent status (F2 visa) and thus does not have current occupation. So, do I need to put N/A on part 3 of I 485 form or put her occupation used to have back home. Any suggestions??

I think you can write there "student". She is student right now. And which section in Part 2 did you choose for you?

I think, you need to check mark on option "b" for your wife. I also have the similar situation, so.

I do have another question, my wife (principle applicant) in dependent status (F2 visa) and thus does not have current occupation. So, do I need to put N/A on part 3 of I 485 form or put her occupation used to have back home. Any suggestions??

translation

Hello everyone,

I translated my birth certificate and high school diploma certification.

When I asked from KCC about translation they replied that:
All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

· Translation is accurate, and
· Translator is competent to translate.

The terms should be exactly same as above? or something equivalent is fine?
in my translations I see that it's said that translation is true and correct. And nothing is said about being competent.
Does anyone translate his/her documents? Did the translator mention above statements for you?

If it's a routine thing I should ask them to modify translation.
Thanks in advance for you help
Regards,

I-485 question

Hi guys,

Do you know what does it mean in I-485 form, part3, a section "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer?" question. They ask about visit our house or they are talking about Entrance to U.S.

I couldnt decide it. If they talk about entrance of the US, what kind of inspection they are asking about. Is baggage control include this inspection or what ???