• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Jay2013,

Any US citizen, Legal permanent resident or H-1b holder can sponsor you provided they meet the income threshold. So if for example you have a relative or friend who meet criteria above they can be a sponsor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much Minto64. So, I do have a relative who is US citizen, then he should have at least 150% of federal threshold income level to sponsor someone, is it correct?

Hello Everyone,
I am in very difficult situation, and need sincere advice from the members.
Today i found out that my application for DV is confirmed. I totally forgot to check and just while talking to my girlfriend realized to check for DV. My problem is me and my girlfriend were planning to get married in Sept in court in US because of family pressure to get married. I am on OPT until 2014, and she is in her 3 rd sem of MBA. We lived together for 4 years and our families know of our relationship.
Now main question is when should we get married to file the papers together? Is it going to be a problem while interview as we are getting married right before filling papers? And am I too late to file documents to start my process?
Thank you.

Any one plz help!!

Any one plz help!!

United1,
I don't think anybody can tell you when to get married. That's a personal decision. Filing immediately after getting married will not affect the processing. You might be subject to extra scrutiny by the IO but if it's a genuine relationship thre is nothing to fear. Interviews are scheduled based on your Selection number been current.

It's best to add your wife to the forms.

United1,
I don't think anybody can tell you when to get married. That's a personal decision. Filing immediately after getting married will not affect the processing. You might be subject to extra scrutiny by the IO but if it's a genuine relationship thre is nothing to fear. Interviews are scheduled based on your Selection number been current.

It's best to add your wife to the forms.

Thank you for ur reply.
I have sent out first set of papers, and decided on get married on our 5th anniversary in Sept. I will wait for second letter from KCC, and than send 230 after our marriage.
Cheers!!

September 2012 Visa Bulletin

Visa bulletin is out for september 2012 which includes the advance cut off dates for DV lottery for the month of October.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5759.html

It is surprising to see that the cut off rank for Asia region is reduced down to 1900 . I believe, it used to be around 7000-8000 for the month of october.

As my CN is in 6XXX, I was planning to submit my I-485 in october but i don't know how long do i need to wait now. :confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Minto is right, getting married is a personal decision, and no one can decide for you as to when to go ahead with your wedding plans.

Having said that though, I would caution against sending DSP 122 and DS 230 separately as you've done as you do not want to give the IO any impression the marriage was an after-thought. Notwithstanding though, you should be okay once you're able to convince the IO that the marriage is not a sham.

Good luck!

Thank you for ur reply.
I have sent out first set of papers, and decided on get married on our 5th anniversary in Sept. I will wait for second letter from KCC, and than send 230 after our marriage.
Cheers!!

Yeah, nobody is sure about anything anymore :(. As it is, one just has to keep checking the Visa Bulletin mid month going forward.

It is surprising to see that the cut off rank for Asia region is reduced down to 1900 . I believe, it used to be around 7000-8000 for the month of october.

As my CN is in 6XXX, I was planning to submit my I-485 in october but i don't know how long do i need to wait now. :confused::confused:

I'm a little disappointed. Number for Europe is too low in my taste. It means I'll have to wait one or two more months.
The number for Africa is surprisingly very low.

When the officer asks you the question, get into the explanation right away and let him/her decide whether it's out of status or not (just say the truth). Since your lawyer said it's pardonable, then there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks Amine, I was just worried about this issue.

I put a signature btw:cool:

Minto is right, getting married is a personal decision, and no one can decide for you as to when to go ahead with your wedding plans.

Having said that though, I would caution against sending DSP 122 and DS 230 separately as you've done as you do not want to give the IO any impression the marriage was an after-thought. Notwithstanding though, you should be okay once you're able to convince the IO that the marriage is not a sham.

Good luck!

Thanks for ur thoughts,
We decided to send DSP 122 AND DS 230 together, but our wedding is set for 9th sept and we thought that will be too late to send papers. So we decided to go ahead and send DSP 122 now. Well Marriage is not sham, and we are in relationship for 5 years. Will try our best to put our case effectively in front of IO. Rest depends on God and our luck. :)

Visa bulletin is out for september 2012 which includes the advance cut off dates for DV lottery for the month of October.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5759.html

Yes, it is unusual. It was 8000 for Oct 2011 for Asia. Our CN is 3XXX. Hope, we can send I-485 in Nov.

My guess is it's just $330. You can go to any 7/11 and trade your money with a money order.

Hi everyone. I am new in this forum,and my english is kinda weak, so please dont blame me if i ask stupid questions. I need help with further processing. I was selected for dv 2013 and already got 2-nd letter from KCC. Now i need to send the DV FEE.It is 440 $ right? But i have no idea how to do it and i didnt really understood it from the letter. So if i got it right, i need to send money order of 440 $ to department of us, to put inside the envelope with the stamp and to fill out the paper they had sent me and thats it?and if i need money order, how do i do it? can i go to rite aid and trade money for the money order? Thank you so much! i appreciate your help. one more question. what are the next steps?

That is an interesting question. You might want to look for free consultation with a lawyer and ask them this question.

I was selected 2013AF59XXX but my case is very complicated.

I have been living in the US for past 16 yrs on an F-1 visa. Can i apply for an adjustment of status due to the fact that technically I am still in status as USCIS has never made a ruling that I am out of status.Despite the fact I have overstayed my VISA for 10 plus years now.
Also due to the fact all my immediate relatives are naturilized US citizens, therefore consular processing would be placing an undue burden on me.

Why is the cutoff numbers for Asia is too low? I'm surprised. My number is kinda high 8XXX. Can anyone predict if the cutoff numbers would be high in October? I'm so worried, cause I'm currently on F1 visa and I'll graduate in May.

when can I submit I-485

Hi everyone

I am dv-2013 winner

My visa number is current for October.

So I need to wait till October to submit I-485 or I can send it anytime

Thank you

I would suggest sending it in on Sept 30th with a next day delivery service so it is received Oct 1st., interview is scheduled based on when the forms are received. However, since Sept. 30th is a Sunday, you might want to send it in on Sept 28th.

Good luck!

Hi everyone

I am dv-2013 winner

My visa number is current for October.

So I need to wait till October to submit I-485 or I can send it anytime

Thank you

Hello everyone,

I was looking at the form I-485. I would like to start filling the forms earlier so that I have enough time to check the information on the forms.

I was wondering what we should choose for the application type on the first page. I read in this forum that people use option "a". here: http://forums.immigration.com/showt...plication-type-for-a-diversity-immigrant-visa

but the instructions specifically says to choose "h" and write Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached.

which one is correct?

thank you

While filling out I-485 form, question no 2 regarding public assistance, do we have to write "Yes" if we had taken WIC (Women, Infant and Children) program assistance. I know, this program does not consider for public charges based on USCIS website. But, not sure, whether we have to write yes or no. Any idea/advise/experience would be appreciated.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=8a2f6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Thanks.

Check "no" since the beneficiary of the program was your child, not you or your wife.

While filling out I-485 form, question no 2 regarding public assistance, do we have to write "Yes" if we had taken WIC (Women, Infant and Children) program assistance. I know, this program does not consider for public charges based on USCIS website. But, not sure, whether we have to write yes or no. Any idea/advise/experience would be appreciated.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=8a2f6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Thanks.

Even if your case number is not due for submission until 1 day before--or even on the day--you graduate, there is nothing to worry about. I am sure your case number will be current sometime before the end of 2012.

Why is the cutoff numbers for Asia is too low? I'm surprised. My number is kinda high 8XXX. Can anyone predict if the cutoff numbers would be high in October? I'm so worried, cause I'm currently on F1 visa and I'll graduate in May.

I-485 Initial Evidence Questions

Hello, I'm working on my I-485 and have the following questions. I have found conflicting info on this forum so I'm not quite sure what to do:

1. High School Diploma vs. Work History
I went to high school in the U.S., but I cannot find my diploma. I think I can still claim eligibility with my work history. I'm a computer programmer and have been employed since 2006. I also have a BS and MS degree, so I will submit copies of my BS and MS diploma. I want to make sure this is fine. Also for proof of employment, do I submit my tax returns, W-2s, or check stubs?

2. Criminal History and Police Clearance
I have no criminal history in my home country or in the U.S. Do I need to do this? Or is this only for people who have committed a crime and need to submit something to explain what they did?

3. Affidavit of Support/Employment Letter
Again, do I need to submit this with my I-485 application? The instructions say this is needed for marriage or employment based application, so it shouldn't apply to DV. Correct?

I appreciate you spending time answering my questions. Thank you!!