• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

jacksonhole,

Are you using the online tracking system on the first page of the uscis website? for me it still says that it cannot find my case. probably since your interview was scheduled, the tracking system was also activated.

For those who are still waiting for the interview letters, try to check your I-485 case status. I just did it and my status changed directly to testing and interview tab. The status message shows the date the appointment notice being mailed as well as the appointment date. Good luck :)

jacksonhole,

Are you using the online tracking system on the first page of the uscis website? for me it still says that it cannot find my case. probably since your interview was scheduled, the tracking system was also activated.

Yes, exactly. I was using the the USCIS online tracking system provided in the email. I also think the status changes only when the appointment is scheduled, as you just said. But at least you should check it daily while waiting for the interview letter. Previously I thought it might never be updated.

Yes, exactly. I was using the the USCIS online tracking system provided in the email. I also think the status changes only when the appointment is scheduled, as you just said. But at least you should check it daily while waiting for the interview letter. Previously I thought it might never be updated.

Legate, Minto64, mjp, you guys already have your interview scheduled. Can you please check go and check your online status to make sure it's generally true?

Does anybody know if i need to get a criminal record from local police if im in us, when filing for adjustment of status?

Thanks for checking.

This is very interesting. It seems that every individual gonna have a totally different experience in this journey.

Im still waiting for the interview letter as Well... And the uscis website shows that my case is not available yet.. My case status with MSC and they don't mention this e on the list of codes.. Is everybody under that same code in front of the case number??? Im guessing the codes for DV are different..

Yes, it should start with MSC (Missouri Service Center).

BTW, To update you others. I had filed for I-765 (employment authorization) along with the I-485 application. now when I check the receipt number for that in USCIS website, it shows that the application was approved. The result with I-485 tracking number is still the same. Hopefully, we hear about the interviews soon.

Im still waiting for the interview letter as Well... And the uscis website shows that my case is not available yet.. My case status with MSC and they don't mention this e on the list of codes.. Is everybody under that same code in front of the case number??? Im guessing the codes for DV are different..

Hey all,
I just got my NOA today for my I485, I765 and I131. The I485 notice of acceptance has a Preference Classification box which is empty. Can anyone real quick clarify whether this is indeed the case for them or whether I should freak out?

Thanks!

Mine is empty too. No need for freaking out ;)

Hey all,
I just got my NOA today for my I485, I765 and I131. The I485 notice of acceptance has a Preference Classification box which is empty. Can anyone real quick clarify whether this is indeed the case for them or whether I should freak out?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

My case no. is 2013AS00003***, I do the AOS along with my wife and I sent DSP122 and only my 2 photos to KCC and received on 11/6 (I didnt send DS230 and my wife's photos), sent payment ($660) and got the receipt, and I just did the medical. So did I do everything right? I think I should send the I-485 package along with my wife after I get the confirmation letter from KCC, right? And what is my current date and what does it mean? Thank you!

You have to wait until you are current. You can have an estimation here... http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Hello everyone,

My case no. is 2013AS00003***, I do the AOS along with my wife and I sent DSP122 and only my 2 photos to KCC and received on 11/6 (I didnt send DS230 and my wife's photos), sent payment ($660) and got the receipt, and I just did the medical. So did I do everything right? I think I should send the I-485 package along with my wife after I get the confirmation letter from KCC, right? And what is my current date and what does it mean? Thank you!

Mine is empty too. No need for freaking out ;)

Okay, so everything online that I have looked at says that this box should describe what category we come under (e.g. spouse of U.S. citizen etc). I am confused as to why ours is empty. :|

Okay, so everything online that I have looked at says that this box should describe what category we come under (e.g. spouse of U.S. citizen etc). I am confused as to why ours is empty. :|

It's empty for us too, I assume this is not relevant in our cases.

Pryanik :)

1. I just did the medical - I'm assuming your wife also did the medical too? If yes, you're on track at the moment.

2. I think I should send the I-485 package along with my wife after I get the confirmation letter from KCC, right? - Receipt of confirmation letter is not necessarily required before the submission of the I-485 package, but it's a good thing to have for your personal records. You can only submit your I-485 package after your number becomes current.

3. And what is my current date and what does it mean? Current date refers to the number of visas made available to applicants in any particular month. For instance, in January, the immigrant numbers in the DV category available to qualified DV-2013 applicants in Asia is 3,400. That means if your case number is not higher than 3,400, then you're eligible to send in your package from January 1st. I can't tell if you're within that category or not without you revealing the next digit to the 3*** in your displayed number.

You can monitor the following link to find out more about your current date:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5803.html

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much! I think I have to prepare my I-485 package, since my number is AS30**, I think my number would be current in January and I will check it out. Yes I did the medical with my wife together.