• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

I got my DV fee receipt today but there is stamped RECEIVED with the date and nothing is there after BY. I guess there should be some name or signature on the stamp. Can anyone please suggest what I should do?

Thank you in advance.

Pritu

That's how it should look like

I am going through the AOS process, I am currently on an H1B. I sent the DV payment , and called KCC to check if they received it, and they confirmed that they received it on October 3, but I have not received the receipt yet. The lady at KCC said that I should contact the DOS to ask about the receipt. But the number on the DOS website is automated, there is no option to speak to a person. Has anyone had this happen? I would really appreciate some insight, thanks

Hi Hawi,
I tried calling that automated phone a number of times and once I succeeded to get to talk to a human representative :) I've no idea what menu options I chose but can confirm that there are people on the other side of the line.

Hi Hawi,
I tried calling that automated phone a number of times and once I succeeded to get to talk to a human representative :) I've no idea what menu options I chose but can confirm that there are people on the other side of the line.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it.

Kazore,

I remember you mentioned about a physician who accepts insurance for the medical check. Would you mind sharing the information about this physician. It would save some money. Thanks. I am in the NY area too.

I sent you a message 2 weeks ago.
Here it is:

Lucy Sourial
247 3rd avenue
New York, NY 10010
212-529-1709

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my Biometrics Letter!!! i have the appointment on 12/21/2012...for all those who already have it and did walk-in... How do that work? I would like to do it before my date, but if they ask if I have an appointment for that day?? not sure how to deal that :)

Dear all,

Hopefully I can receive the interview letter this week, it's been a while (bio done 11/8, in FL).

Does anyone know that, for every applicant, will USCIS arrange the interview after 12/15 and before 1/5? because this seems to be Christmas time so maybe they won't work? I plan going to NY for Christmas around 12/19 and coming back on 1/2. If no interview in between the period, I can buy the ticket soon..

Thank you.

Walk in bio

Received my Biometrics Letter!!! i have the appointment on 12/21/2012...for all those who already have it and did walk-in... How do that work? I would like to do it before my date, but if they ask if I have an appointment for that day?? not sure how to deal that :)

Arqeve2013

If I recall you are in houston, if bio is for the northwest location go in at around 11-11:30 they are normally slow. Carry the bio notices and tell them you would like to do a walk in.

Also could you complete details in the below spreadsheet as it will help others in future months understand timelines.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

Dear all,

Hopefully I can receive the interview letter this week, it's been a while (bio done 11/8, in FL).

Does anyone know that, for every applicant, will USCIS arrange the interview after 12/15 and before 1/5? because this seems to be Christmas time so maybe they won't work? I plan going to NY for Christmas around 12/19 and coming back on 1/2. If no interview in between the period, I can buy the ticket soon..

Thank you.

Balm2013,

Interviews are scheduled based on individual office availability. Uscis is only closed during federal holidays.

Also kindly update your info on the below spreadsheet which will help others in understanding timelines in coming months.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

Hello all,

Just got biometric letter for my 5 year old daughter. I was under the impression that children under 14 do not need biometric. Now i am really worried about interview, Looks like we (me & my wife) will have different interview date than my daughter .
Anybody have this scenario ?

actodc00

Hey all,
My DV lottery number was current in November. The I485 package reached USCIS on November 27, last Tuesday. So how long does it take USCIS typically to respond (Either send me a text or send me a notice of action or something...)?

Thanks

Check the following link for insight on how long it might take.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

You should also consider consider putting your info on the spreadsheet as it might help others too.

Hey all,
My DV lottery number was current in November. The I485 package reached USCIS on November 27, last Tuesday. So how long does it take USCIS typically to respond (Either send me a text or send me a notice of action or something...)?

Thanks

No worries at all

Hello all,

Just got biometric letter for my 5 year old daughter. I was under the impression that children under 14 do not need biometric. Now i am really worried about interview, Looks like we (me & my wife) will have different interview date than my daughter .
Anybody have this scenario ?

actodc00

actodc00,

From what I have read in other forums they will do a thumb print and take photo for you child. If possible do a walk in bio, might speed up interview letter as they might be waiting or her/him to complete the bio.

As relates to the interview, in the event that your dates are different go for the interview with your child. In a prior year I read one family did that without any issue.

Check or Cash?

I reveived an email in september, attached was a fee payment file.
It said "mail it along with your cashier check or U.S postal money order"

I then emailed KCC and the replied said "You must be prepared to pay in cash for each visa, "

Help? Which one is it? I don't want to do the wrong thing.

Also, is it allright if I pay the fee of $330 BEFORE my cut of rank in the visa bulletin?
I'm in the 2013EU00026***, right now it's in the 10***?

----------------------------------

Also, when am I supposed to fill and give the I-458?

any help will be super appreciated! :)

medical exam WITHOUT paperwork!?

I completed my medical exam around June 2012 and my number is 2013EU00026***.
I read from previous post about this paperwork?

I don't remember seeing my doctor signing or anything with paperwork. I forgot to ask her but the hospital does indeed handle greencard exams, so they should know their stuff right?

The huge envelope I got is sealed, I'm not allowed to open it. What can I do?

I doubt the doctor still remember if she 'did paperwork or not', I was just another patient she handled months ago.

Any suggestions?

travel

Sorry for the so many post guys :( I'm really confused and worried.

I'm on a F1 student visa here and my number is NOT current yet.
I was planning to travel to Arizona this month for 1 week.
Since I am applying for AOS, am I able to? (I read that I'll be out of status so they will not receive me back?)
However, I am staying in America for school, and Arizona is still in America, so is it allright?

Oh and, how do I know if I'm eligivle for AOS? They told me I was..over the phone. But that's no proof. Do I need a letter or anything?

Thanks all, and good luck to all!!

hey MelanieT,

Just try to be relax. I think you are overwhelming your self.

1. If you are doing adjust of status here in america you should pay your fee in Cashiers check or Money order. here is the instructions for sending the money: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html
Paying in cash is not an option for you. People who do consular process can pay for their visa in cash.

2. "Paper work" is the medical form I-693. If you have visited a USCIS approved civil surgeon and you already got a sealed envelope, you should be fine.

3. There is no restriction for traveling inside the US. You can also travel abroad (if you have a valid visa with multiple entry permission) before you submit your application to the USCIS. You if you are in the US and planning to travel to any state, you are fine.

As far as being eligible for AOS, If you have been on your visa for the whole time, without working outside campus and other legal issues, you are eligible to do AOS. you don't need any letter for that.

Sorry for the so many post guys :( I'm really confused and worried.

I'm on a F1 student visa here and my number is NOT current yet.
I was planning to travel to Arizona this month for 1 week.
Since I am applying for AOS, am I able to? (I read that I'll be out of status so they will not receive me back?)
However, I am staying in America for school, and Arizona is still in America, so is it allright?

Oh and, how do I know if I'm eligivle for AOS? They told me I was..over the phone. But that's no proof. Do I need a letter or anything?

Thanks all, and good luck to all!!