• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

twf999,

I am so sorry to hear that. But I am sure everything will be back on track since you have posted the documents.

I am not sure if anyone else has done the interview yet in this forum. What was exactly the problem? For birth certificate, did you provide the officer with a government-issued birth certificate? is that what you have been asked as the household register? or it is something different?

Hi everyone
my interview is not really ok that is why I don't reply questions
actually it all smooth at the beginning. Just like everybody shared before, but examiner who can't accept my birth certificate which from
hospital. she wants household register.She wants me mail it back. That really take me 2 weeks to prepare. I just sent yesterday.

So Does anyone had that experience? How long does it take to respond after receiving my document?

twf999,

I am so sorry to hear that. But I am sure everything will be back on track since you have posted the documents.

I am not sure if anyone else has done the interview yet in this forum. What was exactly the problem? For birth certificate, did you provide the officer with a government-issued birth certificate? is that what you have been asked as the household register? or it is something different?

It sounds like he only showed the CIS his hospital birth certificate. In my country hospitals do issue birth affidavit signed by the physician, which we would take to the civil registrar to get an official birth certificate. I suspect he only has that hospital letter, which is certainly not sufficient for immigration purposes.

Thanks Hexa for clarification.

It sounds like he only showed the CIS his hospital birth certificate. In my country hospitals do issue birth affidavit signed by the physician, which we would take to the civil registrar to get an official birth certificate. I suspect he only has that hospital letter, which is certainly not sufficient for immigration purposes.

DV lottery 20013

Hi,
I am a student with a F1 visa. I want to adjust my status in New York.
I called KCC customer service yesterday, they told me that i will be able to send the I 485 form after i receive the receipt of payment(January). My number is actually current.
I was wondering how to fill out the form I485!!!!
Which documents do i need to send with this form beeing a student?
Can I sponsor myself? Which form?
When i paid $330 fees i forgot to mail the bottom of the page(mention how much, how many people will paid), i wrote it on paper with a money order of $330. Do i need to resend this document?

Case number : 2013EU0....
Sept : sent DSP 122+ 2photos
Oct : Paid $330 fees
email received from KCC for AOS

Thanks to help me, i m a little confused

Hi,

When i paid $330 fees i forgot to mail the bottom of the page(mention how much, how many people will paid), i wrote it on paper with a money order of $330. Do i need to resend this document?

The receipt is actually that piece of paper with their stamp on it. I forgot to mail it and my payment was returned. So contact KCC ASAP to make sure they didn't send it back or you'll spend a lot of time -- I had to delay filing my I-485 by a month because of this.

Hi everybody.. we received the 797c last monday yey!... now, how long is taking to get the Biometrics Letter?? I have seen is around 2 weeks, but not sure if that is what is taking currently...Thanks & Good Luck to everyone!

It varies. But you should hear soon. Mine toke 6 days after I received the notice (first 797c).

Hi everybody.. we received the 797c last monday yey!... now, how long is taking to get the Biometrics Letter?? I have seen is around 2 weeks, but not sure if that is what is taking currently...Thanks & Good Luck to everyone!

Hey, porosenok P.

Thanxs for your quick reply.
I sent the payment 1 week ago, i just called and they told me that they didn t cash out yet.
Do i need to send this receipt form today? And i will inform them of my problem.
I also sent an email to KCC.

The receipt is actually that piece of paper with their stamp on it. I forgot to mail it and my payment was returned. So contact KCC ASAP to make sure they didn't send it back or you'll spend a lot of time -- I had to delay filing my I-485 by a month because of this.

Thanxs for your quick reply.
I sent the payment 1 week ago, i just called and they told me that they didn t cash out yet.
Do i need to send this receipt form today? And i will inform them of my problem.
I also sent an email to KCC.

Well, here's my story. I sent my payment for the first time on Sept 21 to St.Louis, Missouri, and a week later I called KCC to check its status. Their record showed that the payment was returned to me (although it's never come back).
I filled out a form and sent another check to Missouri. 3 or 4 weeks later that second check was finally cashed and i got my receipt. All the time before that KCC kept telling me that my payment was return and they didn't know about my second check. So I wouldn't assume that KCC and that Missouri center interact much.

That said, I don't know if they're going to return your payment (you mailed some piece of paper so even though it's not a form you might be fine). If I were you, I'd mail another check and if the first one goes through, cancel the second one.

Hello hello,

I'll send my i485 package in january. There is a brand new USCIS office right across the street, 200m from where I work. I'll be much more convenient for me to have the interview and biometrics at this office. If I put my personal address my case will be processed by another office, located far from where I live and work. When I am sending the i485 can I ask them to send my file to this particular USCIS office or should I simply put my work address on the i485?
Thanks for any advice.

You know for certain that the 'brand new USCIS office right across the street' from your office is a Field Office and not a Field Support Office (FSO) or an Application Support Centre (ASC)?

You need to remember that the address you provide is part of what will be used to do your background check. In my opinion, you'll probably end up complicating your case by using your work address as your home address (but then, I could be wrong).

Whatever the case may be, I'm willing to bet you do not have to drive 3-4 hours to a Field Office like some of us have to for our interview, even if the USCIS office that is supposed to serve you home address is far from where you live and work.

Hello hello,

I'll send my i485 package in january. There is a brand new USCIS office right across the street, 200m from where I work. I'll be much more convenient for me to have the interview and biometrics at this office. If I put my personal address my case will be processed by another office, located far from where I live and work. When I am sending the i485 can I ask them to send my file to this particular USCIS office or should I simply put my work address on the i485?
Thanks for any advice.

2 weeks or more

I received my Notice of action on Nov16 by mail and until today no appointment for Biometrics!!! still waiting!!!

DV 2013 AOS Spreadsheet

Fellow DV 2013 AOS,

I have setup a google docs spreadsheet and made it public.
I hope users can post their details on the spreadsheet. I believe this will help many users who may be in the same field office understand timelines as relates to biometrics and interview dates. You will be surprised to find as others in Dv2012 found out that they were interviewed wihin minutes in the same .

As with all spreadsheets only one user can enter their details at a time.

Please direct others to the spreadsheet to input details and get timelines.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Kazore,

Sms1mom could not have said it better. Use personal address. If you use work address and change to home to receive your card you will need to complete an address change. This may delay he card delivery and in some cases if the card gets lost in the mail you might need to pay for new card production.

In short keep it simple.

Hello hello,

Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

It's actually not taking too long for you to get your biometrics notice yet. As for the online system, you'll very likely not see any updates until after your interview.

Pryanik :)

But I see most people getting their biometric letter just few days after the Notice of acceptance and it is almost 2 weeks and nothing is scheduled yet. I called them and they told me that I am in queue to be scheduled. How long does anyone think it will take them?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!

Great spreadsheet, Minto64. Thanks for putting it together.

Fellow DV 2013 AOS,

I have setup a google docs spreadsheet and made it public.
I hope users can post their details on the spreadsheet. I believe this will help many users who may be in the same field office understand timelines as relates to biometrics and interview dates. You will be surprised to find as others in Dv2012 found out that they were interviewed wihin minutes in the same .

As with all spreadsheets only one user can enter their details at a time.

Please direct others to the spreadsheet to input details and get timelines.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

Thanks

Actually, the average wait time for the Biometric letter is roughly about 2 weeks. So like you were told before, I don't think there's any cause for panic yet.

But I see most people getting their biometric letter just few days after the Notice of acceptance and it is almost 2 weeks and nothing is scheduled yet. I called them and they told me that I am in queue to be scheduled. How long does anyone think it will take them?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!

Hi all, I have a question for those of you going through/has gone through AOS on F-1 visa: Say if I were a senior and I will be graduating next semester, and I will be a part-time student (I have to file an RCL form at the campus). Also assume I have an enrollment verification form and it is clearly stated there that I will be a part-time student (less than 12 credits) next semester. Does anyone of you have any idea how to proceed in a situation like this?
Thanks!

Hi all, I have a question for those of you going through/has gone through AOS on F-1 visa: Say if I were a senior and I will be graduating next semester, and I will be a part-time student (I have to file an RCL form at the campus). Also assume I have an enrollment verification form and it is clearly stated there that I will be a part-time student (less than 12 credits) next semester. Does anyone of you have any idea how to proceed in a situation like this?
Thanks!

I thought your international advisor will make a notation on the I-20 that you are taking less than 12 hours as you are graduating. As far as AOS is concerned when CN is current you can file all required docs.
Fill out your info on the below spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

DV Fee recepit with no signature

Hi everyone,

I got my DV fee receipt today but there is stamped RECEIVED with the date and nothing is there after BY. I guess there should be some name or signature on the stamp. Can anyone please suggest what I should do?

Thank you in advance.

Pritu