• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

hey MelanieT,

Just try to be relax. I think you are overwhelming your self.

1. If you are doing adjust of status here in america you should pay your fee in Cashiers check or Money order. here is the instructions for sending the money: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html
Paying in cash is not an option for you. People who do consular process can pay for their visa in cash.

2. "Paper work" is the medical form I-693. If you have visited a USCIS approved civil surgeon and you already got a sealed envelope, you should be fine.

3. There is no restriction for traveling inside the US. You can also travel abroad (if you have a valid visa with multiple entry permission) before you submit your application to the USCIS. You if you are in the US and planning to travel to any state, you are fine.

As far as being eligible for AOS, If you have been on your visa for the whole time, without working outside campus and other legal issues, you are eligible to do AOS. you don't need any letter for that.

Dude you're my DV hero :p Thank you for the quick and straightforward reply! :D:D

Yes according to the visa bulletin Europe will be at 10950 in January. February should be released soon.

Balm2013,

Interviews are scheduled based on individual office availability. Uscis is only closed during federal holidays.

Also kindly update your info on the below spreadsheet which will help others in understanding timelines in coming months.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

so, Minto64, since you did a walk-in... it does really speed up the interview date? I saw you receive your interview letter even before the biometric appointment (maybe the official date) is that because of the walk-in?... im planning on doing the walk-in this thursday... let see..

so, Minto64, since you did a walk-in... it does really speed up the interview date? I saw you receive your interview letter even before the biometric appointment (maybe the official date) is that because of the walk-in?... im planning on doing the walk-in this thursday... let see..
Arqeve2013,
For houston field office, doing walk in bio does not speed up interview. Your interview letter may already be in the mail. My response to actodc00 was because him and his wife have completed their biometrics and his child's bio notice just came in. I was wondering whether the delay in interview letter might be because the child's bio has not been completed. All we can do is try different approaches as many on the spreadsheet are still awaiting interview letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes according to the visa bulletin Europe will be at 10950 in January. February should be released soon.

so if my number is 2013EU00012*** do I need to send the adjustment of status form and fee now or wait till my number appears in bulletin? will i get rejected if i send it now?

oh wao really? i wasn't expecting my interview letter yet.. i thought it was after bio... now the "goand check the mail box" continue...!!! lol!!

Thanks!

so if my number is 2013EU00012*** do I need to send the adjustment of status form and fee now or wait till my number appears in bulletin? will i get rejected if i send it now?

You can't send it now, you'll be rejected. Wait to become current.

You can't send it now, you'll be rejected. Wait to become current.

Washcka,

Kazore is correct.
If you have sent forms to KCC, paid AOS fee to department of state and done medicals you can file your I-485 and supporting docs and forms in January.

you can check here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

under "C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JANUARY"

(For decenber : http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5803.html)
For this month EUROPE is at 10,950 so keep watch and good luck! :)

DV 2013 AOS Status

Hi all,

I have a question about the fee payment to the Department of State.
I followed every step that everyone has followed except this fee payment since KCC has delayed the response explaining about this fee payment of $330.
Therefore, I did not even know about it until November 22, which is the date that they finally e-mailed me stating that I must make the payment to the Department of State.
However, my number is current since October and I have submitted I-485 package on October 5th already and have done my biometrics on November 19th.
And I have sent the check of $330 to the Department of State on November 23 later than filing my I-485.

So, my question was do you guys think it's not gonna be rejected? and is there anyone who have been through the same situation as of I am going through?

I hope they wont deny my case and if they do, that seems like their fault that I did not know about it.
So, i am a little worried about the situation.
Please help if you have any clue!!

Thanks

Hi Minto64,

I believe there is a little bit misunderstanding.. :) Only me and my wife did the bio on 11/8 and we have no kid yet :) We are frustrated now because we cannot plan anything in Christmas before we receive the interview letter :(

P.S. I will add my info to the spreadsheet shortly (have to find them one by one).

Arqeve2013,
For houston field office, doing walk in bio does not speed up interview. Your interview letter may already be in the mail. My response to balm2013 was because him and his wife have completed their biometrics and his child's bio notice just came in. I was wondering whether the delay in interview letter might be because the child's bio has not been completed. All we can do is try different approaches as many on the spreadsheet are still awaiting interview letters.

Don't worry. They're not going to reject your application since you paid the fee. It's not their fault. It is well explained on their website that you have to pay the AOS fee.
You just have to wait for your interview letter.

Hi Minto64,

I believe there is a little bit misunderstanding.. :) Only me and my wife did the bio on 11/8 and we have no kid yet :) We are frustrated now because we cannot plan anything in Christmas before we receive the interview letter .

Balm2013,
My bad, meant to write actodc00.

Washcka,

Kazore is correct.
If you have sent forms to KCC, paid AOS fee to department of state and done medicals you can file your I-485 and supporting docs and forms in January.
So for now i have to send the fee for AOS and DV Lottery applications before being current.. Right?
And by the way thank u guys for all your replyes!

One more thing i have to mention.. Me and my husband arrived on b1/b2 tourist visa, we stayed 6 months.. Extended the visa for another 6 months.. Applied for asylum and got denied but they send us to court.. Now we are in removal proceedings.. But the case is still not done yet.. And before the asylum interview we actually won the lottery..
Do u guys think we have a chance to get the lottery interview? And does anybody know any similar case and if yes what happened? How did it got solved?

One more thing i have to mention.. Me and my husband arrived on b1/b2 tourist visa, we stayed 6 months.. Extended the visa for another 6 months.. Applied for asylum and got denied but they send us to court.. Now we are in removal proceedings.. But the case is still not done yet.. And before the asylum interview we actually won the lottery..
Do u guys think we have a chance to get the lottery interview? And does anybody know any similar case and if yes what happened? How did it got solved?
I'm not so sure you can do AOS in removal proceeding, you will have to ask your lawyer and the judge about that. The reason it's iffy is because an adjustment of status in most cases requires that you are in status of some sort. When your asylum application got denied, you're out of status even though you are lawfully present.

Case status check for I-485

For those who are still waiting for the interview letters, try to check your I-485 case status. I just did it and my status changed directly to testing and interview tab. The status message shows the date the appointment notice being mailed as well as the appointment date. Good luck :)