• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

SSC is equivalent to High School Diploma - so don't worry, you're safe with that!
I thought the minimum education requirement is High School diploma. Is this what u meant to say? I don't remember seeing SSC as an option

Im so confused.

So, noting the fact that the AOS statement, on the winning notification says we *do not* need to contact the KCC.. is this therefore necessary?

Dont worry man. I was selected for year 2010 while i was in college here too. Now i got my GC. Just file and remember to pick Adjustment of status (AOS). You will be interviewed in the nearest USCIS office and get approved. Hopefully you do not have a criminal background here or any terrorist activity. I paid a total of around $1500 for my AOS. So good luck to yall doing AOS.

Ghanaian student in US who was selected forthe VISA lottery
Hello

Like my title says. I am a Ghanaian presently studying in the US. I heard about the lottery last year and applied while I was in collge ( I am in my 2nd year in College in the US). I checked today and found that I am a selectee ( number is 00021xxx). I really thank GOD. Despite my imperfection he continues to shower HIS GRACE on me. I didn't realize how lucky I was till I checked the number of ppl that applied.

I started reading the gov website, and am really confused. I however know that I have a process which is slightly different from the normal ( Change of status ). I am confused about what I have to do next. Would anyone be kind enough to walk me through the next steps to help me better understand what I am reading on the website. Also, I had an internship in Europe for the summer, and I am worried that I may be called for an interview while I am away. I get back in August.

Thank You

I was confused too man. I would suggest to all of u who are confused to go to the 2009 and 2010 AOS forum. You will learn a whole lot. KCC and USCIS act in a mysterious way.
Im so confused.

So, noting the fact that the AOS statement, on the winning notification says we *do not* need to contact the KCC.. is this therefore necessary?

Does anyone know what size and type of 2 photos we have to include with our first two forms that we are sending to KCC straight after winning the lottery?

Oh, by the way, has anyone got any idea on the following issue?

- I'm currently living (studying) in UK, which is not eligible for GC. But I applied through my home country where I was born. Now, I want to send out that first package with two forms + 2 photos. I'm still in UK, but KCC only knows my home country's address. Do you think it would be OK to send out these forms from UK with my home country's address as a return address (but the KCC will see that all the stamps and everything are from UK anyway)? Would that be a problem, or I should just go back home and send it from there?

Thanks!

Oh, by the way, has anyone got any idea on the following issue?

- I'm currently living (studying) in UK, which is not eligible for GC. But I applied through my home country where I was born. Now, I want to send out that first package with two forms + 2 photos. I'm still in UK, but KCC only knows my home country's address. Do you think it would be OK to send out these forms from UK with my home country's address as a return address (but the KCC will see that all the stamps and everything are from UK anyway)? Would that be a problem, or I should just go back home and send it from there?

Thanks!

I think when you apply they ask for country of residence where you are living currently. have you moved after apply?

I think when you apply they ask for country of residence where you are living currently. have you moved after apply?

I haven't moved, I'm living here just for a few months, and then I will be back in my home country. My home address is still out of UK. Although at the moment I AM in UK, and I want to send those forms, so the question is should I go back to my home country and send them using my home country's post mail service, or is it alright to send them using UK's postal service? Don't know how to go about this, if it actually matters or not...

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter to KCC where you live at the moment, as long as your country of birth is eligible, and I'm also a citizen of that eligible country. But I just want to be sure if that won't mess up things.

wondering

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below.
***is iit that we can still check and be accepted,just like they dont send NLs once but batch by batch?....was wondering that maybe if i wasnt selected i would av gotten a message like you were not selected?........please i need a reply thanks

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below.
***is iit that we can still check and be accepted,just like they dont send NLs once but batch by batch?....was wondering that maybe if i wasnt selected i would av gotten a message like you were not selected?........please i need a reply thanks

You are right that previously they send NL batch by batch. But in my opinion they have selected all the winners + extra winners in case some winners dont pursue thier application. There are number of cases who had have received their NL even though they were not selected by ESC. This is first time without posting NL it is hard to say that they will select the people later on. lets see till end of june.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't moved, I'm living here just for a few months, and then I will be back in my home country. My home address is still out of UK. Although at the moment I AM in UK, and I want to send those forms, so the question is should I go back to my home country and send them using my home country's post mail service, or is it alright to send them using UK's postal service? Don't know how to go about this, if it actually matters or not...

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter to KCC where you live at the moment, as long as your country of birth is eligible, and I'm also a citizen of that eligible country. But I just want to be sure if that won't mess up things.

well, i am in the same case, i entered my canadian adress (wich is not eligible) because i was a student, now i'm back to france (well, applied through africa because was born in angola), i was scare so I called the KCC & explained them, they said that it doesn't realy matter, you just have to prove the residency of the country you will apply for the green card from, not the one entered in the lottery

What do we 'enter' under our "Highest Level of Education Completed" for the UK's GCE A-levels. I believe they are quite a bit more than the High School Diploma?

M

Hey guys,

Congratulations for those who won and hard luck for those who havent...

I have a question for those who were selected. Does the entry status check (at the Department of State website) say you were selected?

Thanks and all the best

Hey guys,

Congratulations for those who won and hard luck for those who havent...

I have a question for those who were selected. Does the entry status check (at the Department of State website) say you were selected?

Thanks and all the best
you get a message below
"You are among those randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2012 (October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012). Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Please retain this letter and take it with you to your visa interview.
Approximately 100,000 individuals were registered for further processing. Therefore, it is most important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance. You must visit the Department of State website at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov where you will find instructions for completing the required processing steps.
Please be advised that your case may not be scheduled for an interview appointment until a visa number is available. You will only be contacted by the Kentucky Consular Center when a visa appointment is scheduled.
If it should be necessary to contact the Kentucky Consular Center, you must always refer to your name and case number as they appear below. Your case number should be clearly written in the upper right hand corner of all documents and correspondence sent to the Kentucky Consular Center."