• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Hi guys, this was my first time entering the DV lottery. Are the results all released at once? Or do they come out in stages? Because when i check the status it says

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below."

Why would it say 'you may re-check the Entry status'?

Thanks

Did not get selected on the 1st of may for the DV lottery, however the next day (today) Osama Bin Laden from this day forward has been killed by the American Military. At least they sorted out a problem about guy who actually screwed up the immigration system in the USA making it more stricter due to terrorist threat attacks so congrats to that he got what he deserved, what goes around comes around. He was an awful man from the way I saw things, so at least something to be happy about right?

ok i have a question, on page 2 of this forum, there is a photo check link, did anyone who checked their photo on that link and found it to be correct win?

I used that link when i was processing my photos, but i didnt win. I guess something went wrong somehow.

Proof of funds (overcome public charge requirement)

Hello,

I was selected after my first try!!!! :) Case number 00009xxx!!!
College grad, 24, German, filed right when the process opened in October.

I have a question concerning the public charge requirement:

How do I prove sufficient funds to overcome this requirement? I know the basics (US sponsor through Form I-134 etc) but is it possible to have my parents (not US citizens living in Germany) as "sponsor"? They would be able to provide bank statements etc as proof of funds.
If not, what is a sum that is considered sufficient? Does it need to be cash and stock/bonds, or do other assets work (car etc)?

Is a solid education (masters degree from a top business school) proof that I will be able to find a well-paid job quickly and hence not become a public charge?

Thank you for any help! Especially own experiences from interviews!

Best,
Moritz

Hello,

I was selected after my first try!!!! :) Case number 00009xxx!!!
College grad, 24, German, filed right when the process opened in October.

I have a question concerning the public charge requirement:

How do I prove sufficient funds to overcome this requirement? I know the basics (US sponsor through Form I-134 etc) but is it possible to have my parents (not US citizens living in Germany) as "sponsor"? They would be able to provide bank statements etc as proof of funds.
If not, what is a sum that is considered sufficient? Does it need to be cash and stock/bonds, or do other assets work (car etc)?

Is a solid education (masters degree from a top business school) proof that I will be able to find a well-paid job quickly and hence not become a public charge?

Thank you for any help! Especially own experiences from interviews!

Best,
Moritz

I recommend ask your parents to transfer required funds in your account and show your own bank statement.

plsss i wanna make sure so if my browser is E8 am gonna get a wrong result ...since it requre E6 n E7

I am filled with pride to announce that my prediction regarding this lottery was not wrong. I had said that I was not going to win - and I didn't! I should bet against myself next time.

On a serious note, congratulations to all those who won!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.
I'm from Ukraine and didn't won/ But for statistic of the morning (from that I can't get to the forum - it's overloading) we also had strange results. All winners filled their forms on 5 or 6 of October (mostly fifth). No winners of the later dates. People in desperate and surprise. Because "random" selection looks very strange. Personally I filled the form in last hours of lottery. No hopes at all as I understand.
Congratulations to winners. Good luck!!

I am filled with proud to announce that my prediction regarding this lottery was not wrong. I had said that I was not going to win - and I didn't! I should bet against myself next time.

On a serious note, congratulations to all those who won!

great prediction

I am a winner of DV 2012. My educationnal qualification is SSC(Seconday School Certificate). What type of experience and how many years of experience do i need to get VISA?

I am a winner of DV 2012. My educationnal qualification is SSC(Seconday School Certificate). What type of experience and how many years of experience do i need to get VISA?
I thought the minimum education requirement is High School diploma. Is this what u meant to say? I don't remember seeing SSC as an option

If you saved your confirmation page, try copying and pasting the confirmation number instead of typing it in , i just read someone typed it in first, got a not selected , then he copied and pasted it (because he saved the page) and voila, it says he had been selected ...his confirmation number had the 0/O number and letter, so if u have those also just give it a try

SSC is equivalent to High School Diploma - so don't worry, you're safe with that!
I thought the minimum education requirement is High School diploma. Is this what u meant to say? I don't remember seeing SSC as an option