• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

FIRST congratulation, your cn is not high compared to mine, normally you ll be interviewed somewhere in december 2011.
you will find lot of dv winners experiences throughout this site..............

Hello House,
i won the dv2012 lottery...my CN is 2012AF18***
it seems like a very high number...any thoughts on when i might be current?....would really appreciate any reply from those who have been through this process.

FIRST congratulation, your cn is not high compared to mine, normally you ll be interviewed somewhere in december 2011.
you will find lot of dv winners experiences throughout this site..............

Hello House,
it seems like a very high number...any thoughts on when i might be current?....would really appreciate any reply from those who have been through this process.

check this visa bulletin to have an idea, so based on this year visa bulletin you ll be current between december and january

Hello House,

Congratulations and welcome on board!!!!

Please continue to follow this thread cos u ve more than enough to gain.

You need to fill the necessary forms and send them back to KCC as soon as possible so that your interview will be scheduled soonest widaout wasting time.

Please,only give the true information while filling the forms to avoid mistakes or contradiction.

Peace.

Dear forumites,

Now that am still awaiting my SSN & GC,what can i start with?

(1) Can i register for any diploma course related to my field to get a job or how is job search like in Texas or USA in general?

(2) Can i open a Bank account?

(3) Some say its very good for one to start building his/Her Credit history,how do i go about building the Credit history?

Your immediate response will be appreciated.

We shall all continue to succeed on this forum.

Also,to all successful DV 2012 WINNERS,we wish u all a successful journey to Obama land.

We equally remember our members still awaiting interviews a VISA GRANTED IJN and to those still on AP that the favour of God rest upon them ALL,AMEN!!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear forumites,

Now that am still awaiting my SSN & GC,what can i start with?

(1) Can i register for any diploma course related to my field to get a job or how is job search like in Texas or USA in general?

(2) Can i open a Bank account?

(3) Some say its very good for one to start building his/Her Credit history,how do i go about building the Credit history?

Your immediate response will be appreciated.

We shall all continue to succeed on this forum.

Also,to all successful DV 2012 WINNERS,we wish u all a successful journey to Obama land.

We equally remember our members still awaiting interviews a VISA GRANTED IJN and to those still on AP that the favour of God rest upon them ALL,AMEN!!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u'll need ur SSN to do all that, in chicago, u'll need to wait for at least a month before u can open an account so that ur ssn can be verifiable.

Hello House,
Congratulations! Are you from Nigeria?

Peace

N-2011AF00007XXX (My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a concern that i urgently need advise on. a friend of mine has just won the dv 2012 but unfortunately the person who entered the lottery on her behalf added his brother as her husband. my friend is the principal winner. Right now my friend is confused since she doesn't want to do any fake marriage with this guy. She wants to know if she can inform KCC that she is single but was mistakenly entered as married and get some legal documents to back it up. is it possible? Please help us out if u can give us any advise.

Please tell your friend to continue with the married status or outright disqualification. Or she can divorce is husband (brother) legally first before she can continue as a single applicant. Other gurus in the house will give you other advice.

hi guys, i passed my drivers license computer test on thursday, scheduled for road test next month and got my GC today!!! To God be the glory! I wish all those going for interview and the 2012 selectee best of luck IJMN!!!

Congratulations and welcome on board!!!!

Please continue to follow this thread cos u ve more than enough to gain.

You need to fill the necessary forms and send them back to KCC as soon as possible so that your interview will be scheduled soonest widaout wasting time.

Please,only give the true information while filling the forms to avoid mistakes or contradiction.

Peace.

thanks

I can't wait to be in the states as well.....................Florida here i come...lol......The rest of the house are lounging already in yankees

hi guys, i passed my drivers license computer test on thursday, scheduled for road test next month and got my GC today!!! To God be the glory! I wish all those going for interview and the 2012 selectee best of luck IJMN!!!

Hello Heavenborn,
I can see that your POE was Newyork but your new location is New jersey... Did you come into the USA from Newyork or Newjersey and which address or state did you tell d CO u will be coming thru,,Mine is Florida but i would love to change the POE and the address , i don't know if that is possible now because i have the visa and the envelope pack already starting my POE AND ADDRESS they will send my GC...Is it possible to change it please let me know? Thank you

@lanreb You can fly into anywhere. To change the addess that they have on record you file an AR-11 form. You are required to submit this every time you move.