• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

hi guys, i passed my drivers license computer test on thursday, scheduled for road test next month and got my GC today!!! To God be the glory! I wish all those going for interview and the 2012 selectee best of luck IJMN!!!

congartulations.

How far with ur SSN nd job search?
The Lord will continue to guide nd be with u.Amen.

hello house just discovered dat dis forum back. am happy for those that have been successful in their interview so far. please i have one issue i need assistance as we are scheduled for interview early next month, i mean august. my wife won the lottery and on the electronic form we have anthony jane paul as my wife, the winner anthony mathew paul as me the husband, christopher paul anthony my first son and daniel paul anthony my second son. Now the issue is my wifes name and mine is okay based on what we have on our passport and documents, but my childrens middle name from above is not correct. the guy that played for us used paul as middle name thinking dat they bear dat name since me and my wife bear dat name, last year wen we where sending form ds230 to kcc we sent the correct middle name with the form which is uduak and ubong respectively. now wen we recieved the second nl last week the names on the electronic application was sent instead of the corrected one on form ds230. i called kcc to complain and they told me dat there was no problem, that is on the letter if the names listed are incomplete we should come with the completed names. but my people i need to play safe here since is not kcc that will interview us but a co here in lagos. pls anybody that has experience with this stuff, what are the documents i need to go with on the day of interview should my wife swear to an oath ie affidavit on behalf of the children? pls someone with experience should pls help us out cos everything is okay. completed medicals just this middle name issue, even the baby we had last year which was not applied with but was sent thru form ds 230 his name came out as quoted on forms ds230. Thanks and God bless you all that have completed their interview and we that are waiting will all scale thru by the grace of God.

hello house just discovered dat dis forum back. am happy for those that have been successful in their interview so far. please i have one issue i need assistance as we are scheduled for interview early next month, i mean august. my wife won the lottery and on the electronic form we have anthony jane paul as my wife, the winner anthony mathew paul as me the husband, christopher paul anthony my first son and daniel paul anthony my second son. Now the issue is my wifes name and mine is okay based on what we have on our passport and documents, but my childrens middle name from above is not correct. the guy that played for us used paul as middle name thinking dat they bear dat name since me and my wife bear dat name, last year wen we where sending form ds230 to kcc we sent the correct middle name with the form which is uduak and ubong respectively. now wen we recieved the second nl last week the names on the electronic application was sent instead of the corrected one on form ds230. i called kcc to complain and they told me dat there was no problem, that is on the letter if the names listed are incomplete we should come with the completed names. but my people i need to play safe here since is not kcc that will interview us but a co here in lagos. pls anybody that has experience with this stuff, what are the documents i need to go with on the day of interview should my wife swear to an oath ie affidavit on behalf of the children? pls someone with experience should pls help us out cos everything is okay. completed medicals just this middle name issue, even the baby we had last year which was not applied with but was sent thru form ds 230 his name came out as quoted on forms ds230. Thanks and God bless you all that have completed their interview and we that are waiting will all scale thru by the grace of God.

Gather all necessary documents, get the affidavit, if u have the photocopy of the DS230 u sent with the correct name, go with it as well, let every other document carry the correct name, be careful and prayerful bcos they have limited visas left and they disqualify with flimsy reason, do ur best, above all pray to God for favor.

No i didn't.

Txs Kenny.

Pls give me a clue on how you were able to get a job in chicago.

Was it after u got ur SSN u got the job.If so,how did u get the job,did u apply on the net or through an agent or relative in chicago.

Pls i want to know ao to go about getting a job as soon as i get my ssn

Txs and God bless u.

I wish everybody on this forums all the best this week.

Hi Bola,

(1) Have u started anything without the SSN?

I will go this week to apply for our SSN.

(2) What about the Driver license?Have u gone to apply for it,take the test (both practical & theory)?

Awaiting ur response.

the good Lord that brought this far will definitely perfect all that concerns us all on this forum,AMEN.

Wishing all going for interviews this week,month and the coming months VISA granted IJN,AMEN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Good Lord will see everyone in this forum that is awaiting their interview through with sucess stories in Jesus name.

@lanreb ,u dnt need to bother ursef .Once u get to ur poe ,u can tel them ur new address cos u would b askd if dts d adress u r goin to.U r free to tel u now av a new adres.Cheers

N-2011AF00007XXX (My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi stonesanjay, unfortunately, you cant do anything without your SSN and in Texas you can't apply for it until after three weeks of your arrival. We only did our state ID and collected diving Manuals to prepare ourselves for the test proper.

Hi stonesanjay, unfortunately, you cant do anything without your SSN and in Texas you can't apply for it until after three weeks of your arrival. We only did our state ID and collected diving Manuals to prepare ourselves for the test proper.

Txs for the info.

(1) How did u go about the state ID?
(2) After reading the Driving manual,can u go for the driving test widaout the GC?
(3) Can u open a Bank Account with the State Id and ur Passport?
(4) Is the manual u ve the Revised October 2008 version?
(5) Do u have a mobile line yet?If so,ao did u get it so that i can get one quickly?

May the good Lord that has brought us dis far continue to guide our path,AMEN.

Thanks my broda, pls one more final thing like i said my wife won the lottery, pls i want to find out if the birth certificate we did is okay. its actually the one from the national population commission, but it was done with her maiden name, i want to know if its okay with her maiden name or it should have her married name. Thanks hoping to hear from anybody who has gone thru the process with his family soon. mind you her maiden name is not on her passport.
Gather all necessary documents, get the affidavit, if u have the photocopy of the DS230 u sent with the correct name, go with it as well, let every other document carry the correct name, be careful and prayerful bcos they have limited visas left and they disqualify with flimsy reason, do ur best, above all pray to God for favor.