• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Hi Bola Emmanuel,

Still awaiting ur response on below questions

(1) How did u go about the state ID?
(2) After reading the Driving manual,can u go for the driving test widaout the GC?
(3) Can u open a Bank Account with the State Id and ur Passport?
(4) Is the manual u ve the Revised October 2008 version?
(5) Do u have a mobile line yet?If so,ao did u get it so that i can get one quickly?

May the good Lord that has brought us dis far continue to guide our path,AMEN.

Hi Bola Emmanuel,

Still awaiting ur response on below questions

(1) How did u go about the state ID?
(2) After reading the Driving manual,can u go for the driving test widaout the GC?
(3) Can u open a Bank Account with the State Id and ur Passport?
(4) Is the manual u ve the Revised October 2008 version?
(5) Do u have a mobile line yet?If so,ao did u get it so that i can get one quickly?

May the good Lord that has brought us dis far continue to guide our path,AMEN.

All i know is that before you can make any meaningful application in the US , you need your SSN..its very important
for your NO3 question you cant open a bank account without your SSN..I am not sure of the rest but SSN is very imp.
Thank you

To everyone that have gotten his/her SSN, Please make sure you keep it in a safe place. YOUR SSN is very confidential and you must not release the number to just any kind of person even in the USA, your SSN is everything to you in the USA because with it ppl can view all information about you, so make sure you keep it properly

Thank you

congartulations.

How far with ur SSN nd job search?
The Lord will continue to guide nd be with u.Amen.

how are u guys doing. where in texas are you, anyway the issue as per building ur credit u cant do dat
without all ur documents and a job. you must have a credit card to build ur credit and its advisable not to apply for 1, when u get a job those pple will invite
u to obtain a credit card from them they will locate u.
4 me i applied for my drivers license the week i got my ssn
and i got my got my drivers license on before the end of june, i.e i did my road test in june. most jobs will require a drivers license bcos of the achy of texas as a whole. as for job i only started applying after i got all
my papers and i also had to get an apartment of y own. its really been though but i would advice u to get a job 4 at least 2 months b4 u move
to have ur own apt. 4 me my host moved to another town and i didnt want to go with him.
bottom line with God every difficulty become easy. the start can be pretty rough, but just hold on.
to get a job it depends on wat u want most pple in houston are either doing cna or security jobs.

congratulations to all those selected for dv2012, and to all those waiting to have there interview I say u shall be successful, IJN.
@ lanreb every information u need has already been discussed somewhere along the line. you dont need to fill any for now when u get to ur port of entry u would be asked and the u can tell them u have a change of address the know everybody in us can move at anytime. if they dont ask u them it probably skiped their mind so just tell them. preferably have it printed on a paper and hand it over to them on arrival. dont be bordered, it no problem.
@ kennyeast which job is easy to get in chicago?

how are u guys doing. where in texas are you, anyway the issue as per building ur credit u cant do dat
without all ur documents and a job. you must have a credit card to build ur credit and its advisable not to apply for 1, when u get a job those pple will invite
u to obtain a credit card from them they will locate u.
4 me i applied for my drivers license the week i got my ssn
and i got my got my drivers license on before the end of june, i.e i did my road test in june. most jobs will require a drivers license bcos of the achy of texas as a whole. as for job i only started applying after i got all
my papers and i also had to get an apartment of y own. its really been though but i would advice u to get a job 4 at least 2 months b4 u move
to have ur own apt. 4 me my host moved to another town and i didnt want to go with him.
bottom line with God every difficulty become easy. the start can be pretty rough, but just hold on.
to get a job it depends on wat u want most pple in houston are either doing cna or security jobs.

Txs for the info.

I am in Houston,

(1) How much did u pay for the drivers license?
(2) Pls., can i get the past questions of the theory of the test to prepare myself?
(3) Pls ao much did u get ur APt and can i get the clue on ao u got the place?
(4) How did u go abt ur SSN?How many weeks did u spend bf u got it.When did u come in to Texas?
(5) what is the procedure to obtain the GC?
(6) The manual u used,is it the Revised October 2008 version?
(7) Do u have a mobile line yet?If so,ao did u get it so that i can get one quickly?

The good Lord that has brought us this far will definitely perfect ALL that concerns us IJN,AMEN.

To LL those going for interviews and the new DV2012 WINNERS,we prey that the favour nd mercy of GOD shall be upon u all,AMEN.

Also to those still on AP (Benniit and others),the Lord will see to ur situation and grant u ur heart desires IJN,AMEN.

Peace to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@stonesanjay. I was told that we can open an account without a SSN, you can also get a mobile phone, just go with your stamped Nigeria passports. I already got my Mobile phone from T mobile.

The manual I got is revised October 2008. Keep studying it pending when your SSN will be out, then go for your driving test, its what you need to pass. Just locate t mobile office and get your phone, go with your passport.

@stonesanjay. I was told that we can open an account without a SSN, you can also get a mobile phone, just go with your stamped Nigeria passports. I already got my Mobile phone from T mobile.

Where is the T mobile located and ao much did u get it?Is it with line and ao much with the recharge cards?

Which Bank is it better to open with?

The manual I got is revised October 2008. Keep studying it pending when your SSN will be out, then go for your driving test, its what you need to pass. Just locate t mobile office and get your phone, go with your passport.

Txs for the info.

Ok,the manual i ve is the same.

so,we re going to ve two tests.

Is it when we get the SSN that we can go for the driving tests?

Peace!!!!

Peace

N-2011AF00007XXX (My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

@stonesanjay,i wil sugest u open an account wt bank of america.De r havin offer til sept 30 whr if u open a checkin acount wt minimum of $125 n make a debit card purchase within d 1st 30 days ,u get $25 bonus.Me n my wife av goten ours already.PM me so dt i can tel u more cos i wil also get $25 if u tel dem i refer u .likewise if u refer sum1 u also get $25.Pls every1 tel dem i refer u o.Last,dia bankin xperience is cute.U make ur cash n check deposit n withdrawal @ d atm.U dnt need to go into d bank.Plus internet bankin .I jst left sum cash in my acount n i tranfa money to my wife acct wen she needs frm naija here tru internet.Cheers

@stonesanjay,i wil sugest u open an account wt bank of america.De r havin offer til sept 30 whr if u open a checkin acount wt minimum of $125 n make a debit card purchase within d 1st 30 days ,u get $25 bonus.Me n my wife av goten ours already.PM me so dt i can tel u more cos i wil also get $25 if u tel dem i refer u .likewise if u refer sum1 u also get $25.Pls every1 tel dem i refer u o.Last,dia bankin xperience is cute.U make ur cash n check deposit n withdrawal @ d atm.U dnt need to go into d bank.Plus internet bankin .I jst left sum cash in my acount n i tranfa money to my wife acct wen she needs frm naija here tru internet.Cheers

Txs a lot for the info.

Hi,

My host said it is nt advisable to get a mobile phone line while i have nt started working.

Pls ao much did u get ur T mobile and where did u get it houston?

Dos it have any plan like contract on it?

peace!!!

Peace

@sanjay,ur host culd b right cos d way dia mobile phone uses is in US is very diferent frm naija. U dnt buy recharge cards.U get to pay for a plan monthly dependin on wat u can afford.Like payin $40 monthly for 1500 minutes such dt anytime u make or receive call it wil b taken frm ur minutes.And if ur minutes finish b4 d 30days u get to pay ur subscriptn again to b able to use ur phone.Most of d netwrks de av r CDMA wat we cal landlines in naija like starcoms,multilinks etc.Its only like 2 GSM i saw wen i was in chicago wch r Tmobile n AT&T.Cheers

@sanjay,ur host culd b right cos d way dia mobile phone uses is in US is very diferent frm naija. U dnt buy recharge cards.U get to pay for a plan monthly dependin on wat u can afford.Like payin $40 monthly for 1500 minutes such dt anytime u make or receive call it wil b taken frm ur minutes.And if ur minutes finish b4 d 30days u get to pay ur subscriptn again to b able to use ur phone.Most of d netwrks de av r CDMA wat we cal landlines in naija like starcoms,multilinks etc.Its only like 2 GSM i saw wen i was in chicago wch r Tmobile n AT&T.Cheers

Txs for the info.