• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

hello members, i want to thank God for the journey mercies He gave to me and also to let you guys know that i came into america yesterday. I mean i left Nigeria tuesday 21 june at about 6:50am with royal airmaroc airline thru their home country Casablanca which is morocco.Touched down at jfk airport at about 4:45pm american time, 10:45pm nigerian time. In less than 10 minutes i was done with immigrations at the airport, i just submitted the brown envelope, signed a paper and a finger of my right was taken on tomb print and we were good to go. Gudluck to those going for interview and God bless!

Welcome dude, hope u had a smooth flight.

My interview comes up tomorrow, thursday 23. I've done my bit (but still paying close attention to some details) and have started praising God for what he will do tomorrow at the embassy!
Please house join me in the spirit. Thanks everyone.

Jerrol, congratsss in advance, the good Lord will favor u.

Heavenborn,hw much is dt royal air moroco?Hw is dia service?Can i make d bookin online?I need to com to join my famly soon.
Kenyeast,am yet to c u on fb.Pls we need to chat.Cheers

guys this is strange and very, very sad. I was denied visa. Reason: my first daughter born in 2006 was not included when d lottery was played in 2009. I'll explain more soon. Is there anything that can be done about this?

guys this is strange and very, very sad. I was denied visa. Reason: my first daughter born in 2006 was not included when d lottery was played in 2009. I'll explain more soon. Is there anything that can be done about this?

How? You ought to have known not to include her. When you're there, you can file for her.Adding a spouse, they might understand after seeing how real the marriage is but children? Please and please people should not remove themselves for someone they can actually bring in much later.Again you should be very careful toward this tail end, they can deny you anyhow. There might be fewer visas remaining.@Jerrol,What is the point now? Am so bitter and don't hurt yourself.We need to take away Nigerian factor when dealing with these people.

Last edited by a moderator:
What instruction are you talking about and where is it stated? Anyway, What really happen then was the said daughter of mine was terribly sick and there was no way to take her picture!
I think what should have happen is for her to be denied and not me.
Jerol,so sorry.Its written on d instructns.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

We got to the embassy around 5.25am and after going through the normal screening and payment ($3,276 for 4 of us), we were called to window 14
by a guy that looks more like an Indian.

First he asked us to swear, do fingerprint and later asked my wife to go and sit down.

He then asked who filled the the form for me and I told him a friend in Atlanta.

He then asked me of the date of birth of my daughters which I told him. And also the name of my wife. Then he asked me of nothing else...

the next thing was handing over a white sheet which states in part that " you have been found inelligible under section 212(a)(5)(A) of the law.
Your original DV lottery entry was not properly filled in conformance with the rules and regulations of Diversity Visa Lottery Program and is
therefore disqualified. You are not elligible to participate in the DV program." and that's all.

I think as ferdili said, they are just looking for flimpsey excuses to refuse people because before I left the embassy it was just a family that was granted visa every others were rejected.
I've called the guy who filled the form for me in Atlanta, he felt it is daylight robbery and such can only be done in nigeria. So he's engaging the services of an immigrant lawyer.

Well, all I could say is God knows all things and will surely do the best.
This is my story, and thank you all.

@Jerrol....... Too bad but why did you make that big mistake? It clearly stated in their instructions. Best of luck in future endeavor.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

We got to the embassy around 5.25am and after going through the normal screening and payment ($3,276 for 4 of us), we were called to window 14

First he asked us to swear, do fingerprint and later asked my wife to go and sit down.

He then asked who filled the the form for me and I told him a friend in Atlanta.

He then asked me of the date of birth of my daughters which I told him. And also the name of my wife. Then he asked me of nothing else...

the next thing was handing over a white sheet which states in part that " you have been found inelligible under section 212(a)(5)(A) of the law.
Your original DV lottery entry was not properly filled in conformance with the rules and regulations of Diversity Visa Lottery Program and is
therefore disqualified. You are not elligible to participate in the DV program." and that's all.

I think as ferdili said, they are just looking for flimpsey excuses to refuse people because before I left the embassy it was just a family that was granted visa every others were rejected.
I've called the guy who filled the form for me in Atlanta, he felt it is daylight robbery and such can only be done in nigeria. So he's engaging the services of an immigrant lawyer.

This is so so sad! :-((( I'm just so mad they will deny someone visa after winning this Golden opportunity! I hope u guys will be able to work out something!

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

It is quite unfortunate but the instructions are clear on this. Any eligible family member not included in the original entry cannot be issued a visa (except a child born after the original entry) and the entire family would be denied. People keep on making this mistake.

They should adjust, review or amend the law that says they shouldn't refund the money of dv denied afterall its a lottery and we shouldn't lost the visa and the money. After waiting for so many months. Pls review your law or constitution.

It is quite unfortunate but the instructions are clear on this. Any eligible family member not included in the original entry cannot be issued a visa (except a child born after the original entry) and the entire family would be denied. People keep on making this mistake.

I may have been too harsh on Jerrol.The simple thing on our part is to do what they say. Things like DOBs, Names and don't include people you did not include before except children born after or spouse after (mainly marriage before results).Other places they will just verify genuineness of the latter even when it happened after results were known.Save or print off the online form before submission or demand for it if someone helped you in filling out the form.Even when you did, they still come up with useless excuses or won't explain to you. They did not even allowed him to explain.No human face! Just sap our resources and fund Afghanistan.God's way would have been denial and money refunded.Look at what they did to us, DV 2012.Play early, we played and this yeye glitch. I don't buy it.

Can you please refer me to the said instruction? Because we just discovered that the qouted section 212(a)(5)(A) is actually a "labour law". I hope God will use my case to liberate us
and indeed Nigerians. Most of this law issues are just to pull wool over our eyes! You can check "www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf" to confirm this. But all the same let me know where that instrcution is stated because it will help in the pursuant of this case.

They should adjust, review or amend the law that says they shouldn't refund the money of dv denied afterall its a lottery and we shouldn't lost the visa and the money. After waiting for so many months. Pls review your law or constitution.

You don't review when you're out to sap people of their hard-earned resources. Not easy after all the documents-gathering and waka waka.

If you have read my reply to Sunnysunny2011 and care to check "www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf".. I guess the CO is going with 9 FAM 42.33 N9.1 "Valid entry of participation". But is excluding a member of the household = to invalid entry? I think Lawyers should be able to interpret this because all this law thing is Gibberish to me.

Can you please refer me to the said instruction? Because we just discovered that the qouted section 212(a)(5)(A) is actually a "labour law". I hope God will use my case to liberate us
and indeed Nigerians. Most of this law issues are just to pull wool over our eyes! You can check "www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf" to confirm this. But all the same let me know where that instrcution is stated because it will help in the pursuant of this case.

It's on the eDv.The form the Atlanta dude filled out for you and your fam. A dad had to hold his some-months-old son last October for me to take the picture. I was even telling him the picture could disqualify them. American kids are not stronger than ours but they make laws to dehumanize people because you want to emigrate to their country.

The solution would have been to exclude your daughter from the DS230 forms and file for her much later. Even at that we don't know what would have been the outcome. Am sure you would have been given the visas, shaa. Hhey, don't take it on your daughter. We will survive this and move on.