• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

If you have read my reply to Sunnysunny2011 and care to check "www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf".. I guess the CO is going with 9 FAM 42.33 N9.1 "Valid entry of participation". But is excluding a member of the household = to invalid entry? I think Lawyers should be able to interpret this because all this law thing is Gibberish to me.

a. Applicants must include on their initial entry their spouse and all natural children, as well as legally-adopted children and stepchildren, who are unmarried and under the age of 21 as of the date of the initial entry.
b. By regulation, applicants are not required to include spouses and children who are already U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) on the registration. Applicants are nevertheless instructed to include all such family members in their registration, to ensure that all family members may qualify for visas in the event they do not have LPR or U.S. citizen status. However, a failure to include on the registration spouses and children who are in fact U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) cannot be used as grounds for denial.
c. You must deny the applications of registrants who list on their Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or their Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, a spouse or child who was not included in their initial entry, unless such spouse or child was acquired subsequent to submission of qualifying DV entry. The spouse of a principal alien, if acquired after registration, and prior to the principal alien’s admission, or the child of a principal alien, if the child was born after registration or is the issue of a marriage which took place after registration and prior to the principal alien’s admission to the United States, although not named on an application, is entitled to derivative DV status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please refer me to the said instruction? Because we just discovered that the qouted section 212(a)(5)(A) is actually a "labour law". I hope God will use my case to liberate us
and indeed Nigerians. Most of this law issues are just to pull wool over our eyes! You can check "www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf" to confirm this. But all the same let me know where that instrcution is stated because it will help in the pursuant of this case.

I think ferdii has cleared u on the instruction. The cos are not out to deny anybody unjustly rather they are following the rules guiding the lottery program even if they (the rules)are questionable. If there are no grounds for denial there would be none. Ours is to follow the instructions if we decide to participate in the program. We give them room to make us feel exploited by not following the rules.

Can you please refer me to the said instruction? Because we just discovered that the qouted section 212(a)(5)(A) is actually a "labour law". I hope God will use my case to liberate us
and indeed Nigerians. Most of this law issues are just to pull wool over our eyes! You can check "www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf" to confirm this. But all the same let me know where that instrcution is stated because it will help in the pursuant of this case.

THIS IS INDEED A VERY PATHETIC SITUATION. HOWEVER, THE RULE IS VERY CLEAR ON THIS.THE RULE IS THAT YOU ARE TO ADD ALL YOUR CHILDREN WHEN ENTERING FOR THE LOTTERY AS FAILURE TO DO SO WOULD DISQUALIFY YOUR OWN APPLICATION AND CONSEQUENTLY, YOU WILL BE DENIED VISA(S) AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW. ON THIS ,I WILL LIKE TO REFER YOU TO "travel.state.gov/pdf/1318-DV2012Instructions-ENGL.pdf" ITS ACTUALLY A DOCUMENT IN PDF FORMAT. THIS WILL THROW MORE LIGHT ON THE ISSUE AT HAND.

guys this is strange and very, very sad. I was denied visa. Reason: my first daughter born in 2006 was not included when d lottery was played in 2009. I'll explain more soon. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Jerrol,

The battle is for the Lord cos he knows what he is doing as his ways are not like our ways.God knows ALL thighs and he will never forget you.

He will surely perfect ALL that concerns you IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

the next thing was handing over a white sheet which states in part that " you have been found inelligible under section 212(a)(5)(A) of the law.
Your original DV lottery entry was not properly filled in conformance with the rules and regulations of Diversity Visa Lottery Program and is
therefore disqualified. You are not elligible to participate in the DV program." and that's all.

This is my story, and thank you all.

The denial doesnt seem to be about your daughter but rather about the professional qualifications that you used to apply. The section referenced is usually used to deny medical people from places where the certification of those people is deemed by the US to be inferior to what is required here . What is your educations/labor qualifying you for the visa ?

guys this is strange and very, very sad. I was denied visa. Reason: my first daughter born in 2006 was not included when d lottery was played in 2009. I'll explain more soon. Is there anything that can be done about this?

And u did not discourse this with the house before now? i tot we are one big family? pls nothing should be too big to discos in this forum. To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing an immigration lawyer can do about this, that is one of the most important rule when u are applying. a family of six was denied visa the same day i did my interview becos of this same reason. just check DVLOTTERY INSTRUCTION, it says u must include ALL of ur childrenm even if u don't intend to travel with that child. u shouldn't have included her at all, in ur forms.

a. Applicants must include on their initial entry their spouse and all natural children, as well as legally-adopted children and stepchildren, who are unmarried and under the age of 21 as of the date of the initial entry.
b. By regulation, applicants are not required to include spouses and children who are already U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) on the registration. Applicants are nevertheless instructed to include all such family members in their registration, to ensure that all family members may qualify for visas in the event they do not have LPR or U.S. citizen status. However, a failure to include on the registration spouses and children who are in fact U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) cannot be used as grounds for denial.
c. You must deny the applications of registrants who list on their Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or their Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, a spouse or child who was not included in their initial entry, unless such spouse or child was acquired subsequent to submission of qualifying DV entry. The spouse of a principal alien, if acquired after registration, and prior to the principal alien’s admission, or the child of a principal alien, if the child was born after registration or is the issue of a marriage which took place after registration and prior to the principal alien’s admission to the United States, although not named on an application, is entitled to derivative DV status.

That is the conclusion of the whole matter. thanks ferdiii

Heavenborn,hw much is dt royal air moroco?Hw is dia service?Can i make d bookin online?I need to com to join my famly soon.
Kenyeast,am yet to c u on fb.Pls we need to chat.Cheers

hello hannat. i paid #142,500 or so, but i don't think it will still be the same now. you can checkout wakanow.com and u get there number/address, their phone is a toll free and u dont pay once you are using a gsm line. gudluck and God bless!

Everyone should please read the DV instructions CAREFULLY before applying or telling any one to apply for you. I feel so sad for jerrol; a beautiful opportunity wasted due to a mistake that would have been easily prevented.

hello house please i have a question...my place of birth in original entry form is different from my place of birth thati fill in my ds-230 and also on my passport...please of what effect will dis be on my interview? please someone advice my interview is so close...

hello house please i have a question...my place of birth in original entry form is different from my place of birth that i fill in my ds-230 and also on my passport...please of what effect will dis be on my interview? please someone advice my interview is so close...

hello house please i have a question...my place of birth in original entry form is different from my place of birth that i fill in my ds-230 and also on my passport...please of what effect will dis be on my interview? please someone advice my interview is so close...

It could be an issue especially now. When my pal was interviewed three years ago, he told me someone was denied because of that. The dude filled out Owerri on the eDv form and Owerri Nta on his Ds forms.He was shouting Owerri and Owerri Nta oh. Owerri Nta is inside Owerri as the Guards led him away. That was it.

First of all, I think you have to claim someone filled out ur eDv form for you and the place on ur DSP and DS forms should match what is on passport. Nigerians sef!

To God be the glory house.. I collected my visa on Wednesday and i left Nigeria to Philippines yesterday, i just arrived now.. I am in the Philippines at present and i will be traveling down to the US from Philippines in October after my semester exams..How is everyone doing? @ jerrol,, so pathetic that ur family were denied....

To God be the glory house.. I collected my visa on Wednesday and i left Nigeria to Philippines yesterday, i just arrived now.. I am in the Philippines at present and i will be traveling down to the US from Philippines in October after my semester exams..How is everyone doing? @ jerrol,, so pathetic that ur family were denied....

Congratulations! Please keep ur student status while you keep US'.Do you use one passport?

Thank you all for your contributions, I sincerely appreciate you all. First, I am not hiding anything from this family because I understand how important the togetherness and information sharing.
Someone played the lottery on my behalf in Atlanta. Second, the child in question was terribly sick and lying in the hospital as at the time we enter for the lottery and that doesn't mean I should deny her paternity because of American visa, I have nothing to hide and my destiny is neither in the hand of any man nor attached to America. Only God can determine that.
Third, I want my case to put a stop to this daylight robbery in our country simply because we have no responsible government to fight on our behalf. So we must take our destiny in our hands. I want you to know that so many people have fallen victim of this Section 212(5)(a) and many will still because we think it is the Almighty America that said that!

But this is my argument: that the word "inelligibility" should have come after i sent the form DS-230 to KCC in US. After descovering that I have a daughter not included in the initial application/registration, they shouldn't have fix any interview date at all. According to the first notification letter (via e-mail) sent from KCC, it was stated that in part that " Included in this e-mail is your lottery rank number (case number) that you will use when completing the necessary processing steps you must successfully complete before a diversity visa interview can be schedule to determine if the you will receive a visa". So, if I will be inelligible it should have been determine at that level (at KCC) not at the interview stage at the embassy. The interview is to determine whether you meet the necessary requirement for visa issuant and also for you to be able to defend your credentials/papers. In my own case, no interview was conducted. All I was asked what the birth date of my 2 daughters, who play the lottery on my behalf and also the name of my wife. Nothing was said about the papers I presented, absolutely nothing. That is why I said this is daylight robbery and nothing else. If they have been doing with people, I want them to stop it on my own case. This is a big error committed by the almighty America!

Sincerely, I'm not doing this because I want to go to the US by all means but fighting the illegality that have been committed. I've searched through the net and discovered that so many people are languishing because of this nonsense which they cannot do in even South Africa (and the Americans cannot even take either) because the Government will fight them. I'll surely keep updating you about my struggle so that some others can learn from it and if you have any contribution, please pass it on. May God deliver us all. Thank you.

FOLLOW UP ON MY VISA REFUSAL
I spoke to another lawyer in New York, and she told me that under the law, they can deny me for not including all member of my household in the application.
She said that under the same law, they(the people in Lagos) can waiver this law if they think I merit the VISA, she added that I should appeal it,
because; One,The reason they specified does not apply to my case. (section 212(a)(5)(A), which is for qualifications based on profession/employment certification.).
Two that they can waiver the rule that says you must list all members of your household.
Three, that I don't have anything to lose, by appealing it.
And if anything I should appeal it as soon as I can.