• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

FOLLOW UP ON MY VISA REFUSAL
I spoke to another lawyer in New York, and she told me that under the law, they can deny me for not including all member of my household in the application.
She said that under the same law, they(the people in Lagos) can waiver this law if they think I merit the VISA, she added that I should appeal it,
because; One,The reason they specified does not apply to my case. (section 212(a)(5)(A), which is for qualifications based on profession/employment certification.).
Two that they can waiver the rule that says you must list all members of your household.
Three, that I don't have anything to lose, by appealing it.
And if anything I should appeal it as soon as I can.

This is something you would have let us know. Not including her wouldn't have meant you denied your paternity. She can still come and join you. I want you to know that people in your shoes, do it that way.The girl will still be happy with you. Some folks do all these for their kids.With dual citizenship, they can move around and go after more opportunities.
Well, keep up the struggle and that is why DV2012 people are battling with KCC and DOS.It is better than 'siddon dey look' we have here. Again Nigerian Govt is so bad that they don't bother. As they collect theirs through Diplomacy..we are left in the lurch.That is why I never voted for any of them and will never.

Last edited by a moderator:
HND IN COMPUTER SCIENCE. MY O'level is even very intimidating! Mathematics A1, Further maths-A2, ... so that shld give u an idea.

To God be the glory house.. I collected my visa on Wednesday and i left Nigeria to Philippines yesterday, i just arrived now.. I am in the Philippines at present and i will be traveling down to the US from Philippines in October after my semester exams..How is everyone doing? @ jerrol,, so pathetic that ur family were denied....

Congratulations!!!

Some people normally get a fresh passport for this DV lottery.

oh ... i didnt get a new passport,,, i used the one have been traveling with ..it also has on philippine, china , malaysia and thailand visas on it..so i didnt bother to get a new one

Congratulations my brother. The good Lord will perfect your ways.
To God be the glory house.. I collected my visa on Wednesday and i left Nigeria to Philippines yesterday, i just arrived now.. I am in the Philippines at present and i will be traveling down to the US from Philippines in October after my semester exams..How is everyone doing? @ jerrol,, so pathetic that ur family were denied....

@ S_Owoh. I have HND IN COMPUTER SCIENCE. MY O'level is even very intimidating! Mathematics A1, Further maths-A2, ... so that shld give u an idea. Thanks.
The denial doesnt seem to be about your daughter but rather about the professional qualifications that you used to apply. The section referenced is usually used to deny medical people from places where the certification of those people is deemed by the US to be inferior to what is required here . What is your educations/labor qualifying you for the visa ?

Everyone should please read the DV instructions CAREFULLY before applying or telling any one to apply for you. I feel so sad for jerrol; a beautiful opportunity wasted due to a mistake that would have been easily prevented.

Thats true, some of this computer center that help people with the registration don't even border to read out the requirements to them, or try to check if the are qualified to apply, all they care about is the money.

Thats true, some of this computer center that help people with the registration don't even border to read out the requirements to them, or try to check if the are qualified to apply, all they care about is the money.

Some folks will still insist more. Basing it on:
1.If you are this good why haven't you won?
2.Nigerian thing.Anyhow thing.

Last edited by a moderator: