• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

hello house, what are the things one need to take along to the US from nigeria for those intending to work and possibly go for masters programme?

My interview comes up tomorrow, thursday 23. I've done my bit (but still paying close attention to some details) and have started praising God for what he will do tomorrow at the embassy!
Please house join me in the spirit. Thanks everyone.

My interview comes up tomorrow, thursday 23. I've done my bit (but still paying close attention to some details) and have started praising God for what he will do tomorrow at the embassy!

All the best. You will get it.

Please house is church marriage certificate acceptable. thanks for response.

I think you should go with all concerning ur union-photos, letters and any other documents you may have. Don't tell ur CO, how you're not a photo freak. When is ur interview? Are you the principal winner?

Last edited by a moderator:
@jerrol and all going for your interview,believe that GOD has done it,but also play your own part well,be confident,look at the CO in the eyes,because they belief,if you cannot look at them and answer their questions,then you have something to hide.if you are a graduate,they are most likely to take you up on your project work,you should be able to deliver,for the married couples from what i have discovered they stress mostly the new couples,they want to be sure it is not an arranged marriage,so if your marriage is young,know your spouse very well.Above all try not to tell a liar,say it as it is. The lord is your strength.

congratulations in advance!

The good Lord that was,his and forevermore will see u thru and grant you VISA BREAKTHRHU IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi dunsbabe, you are right both Driver's and International driving license are not necessary ONLY if you want to start with a learner's permit and depending on the state you reside in. In my case I don't want a learner's permit. When I got to DDS in my state I filled out the application stating that I can drive. I was asked to bring my Driver's License which I couldn't produce 'cos I misplaced it before leaving for the state, I had to call my dad to process an International Driver's license, upon presentation of the License, I took my computer based test and my road test the same day, passed excellently and I got my Georgia Driver's License but my wife got a Learner's permit 'cos she was just learning how to drive. Bottom line is; Things differ from state to state. Thanks and God bless us all. Amen

Both nigeria and international driving license are not necessary,i did that and no one asked for it,it was just waste of money.when u get here,u'll write a test,if u pass,u'll be give a learner permit,then when u pass the road test,u'll get a driver license.to get the learner's permit cost me 77dollar 50cents,u'll also pay to get the driver license but i've not gotten mine so i dont know the price for now.

thanks ferdii and dunsbabe, am d principal winner with a son. U mean I shld get another cert from registry?

thanks ferdii and dunsbabe, am d principal winner with a son. U mean I shld get another cert from registry?

Yeah, it is better to have too much evidence than very scanty ones. Carry all photos, when single, coupled + Baby's. Know yourselves more than ever!

Ok i have a question about a police report. What of those that do not reside in Nigeria but are Nigerians , how do they go about getting the police report, is there another option?

hello house, what are the things one need to take along to the US from nigeria for those intending to work and possibly go for masters programme?

Take what proof you have of your education. There are companies that translate foreign education to US equalivant. Because of Nigeria's bad rep for fake documents they may want to have copies sent to the company directly from the university in Nigeria. The one my husband used was www.ierf.org . They wanted documents sent directly from the school so if you will used them you may want to start this before you leave.

Ok i have a question about a police report. What of those that do not reside in Nigeria but are Nigerians , how do they go about getting the police report, is there another option?
Any place you have lived for more than 6 months past the time you were 16 you need a police report from or proof that you are unable to submit the proof.

Any place you have lived for more than 6 months past the time you were 16 you need a police report from or proof that you are unable to submit the proof.

That just sucks majorly, i have lived in 3 countries!!! so that means man must go to all this countries to get police report.....it is well

hello members, i want to thank God for the journey mercies He gave to me and also to let you guys know that i came into america yesterday. I mean i left Nigeria tuesday 21 june at about 6:50am with royal airmaroc airline thru their home country Casablanca which is morocco.Touched down at jfk airport at about 4:45pm american time, 10:45pm nigerian time. In less than 10 minutes i was done with immigrations at the airport, i just submitted the brown envelope, signed a paper and a finger of my right was taken on tomb print and we were good to go. Gudluck to those going for interview and God bless!

hello members, i want to thank God for the journey mercies He gave to me and also to let you guys know that i came into america yesterday. I mean i left Nigeria tuesday 21 june at about 6:50am with royal airmaroc airline thru their home country Casablanca which is morocco.Touched down at jfk airport at about 4:45pm american time, 10:45pm nigerian time. In less than 10 minutes i was done with immigrations at the airport, i just submitted the brown envelope, signed a paper and a finger of my right was taken on tomb print and we were good to go. Gudluck to those going for interview and God bless!

Congratulations on your successful journey.

May the good Lord continue to be with us on this forum IJN,AMEN.Those of us planning to travel and those waiting for interviews,we shall continue to enjoy the uncommon favour of GOD IJN,AMEN

Also,we remember those in AP that the good LORD should see to their situations and fulfill their heart desires IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!