• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Great forumites sorry 4 being out 4 a while, pls house i need ur assistance,i got marrried in the church and I have church marriage certificate is it acceptable cos its was not stamped.

congrats Kenny
i applied for my SSN on 13/06/11 and surprisingly got it on the 17/06/11 in my address.
pls how do i get drivers license . i want to convert the one i brought from nigeria to the one in this Maryland state.
Thanks.
conversion is not done in maryland..but it you know someone in new jersy you can write the test and it ll be converted for you..jus mail something with your name to your friends place and that will be your proff of address

lol, i'm fine, i did an interview and a drug test for a job this week and i'm waiting for them to call me, i'm also taking a 5 weeks course. don't worry about ur case, what is urs can never pass u. God dey.

KENNYEAST,

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DEVELOPMENT AND THE GOOD LORD WILL CONTINUE TO SEE U TRHU,AMEN.

Please,what is the meaning of the Drug test u were talking about and how about your GC?

Peace

CN-2011AF00007XXX(My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats Kenny
i applied for my SSN on 13/06/11 and surprisingly got it on the 17/06/11 in my address.
pls how do i get drivers license . i want to convert the one i brought from nigeria to the one in this Maryland state.
Thanks.

Thats good, u cannot convert the Nigerian license but u can use it in ur state for a period of 90days after which it will be illegal for u to use it, all u need do is to locate the license office near u, here in Chicago they call it "secretary of state office" and make ur inquiries thats if u can drive, we all know that in Nigeria even a blind man is entitle to a driver's license,lol. in my own case, even with my Nigerian driver's license in my pocket, i just went to the office, paid $40 for my state ID and the license, i took the written test without the driving test bcos i told them i'm not ready for it, my test was marked, i passed and i was issued a driver's permit to drive, been using that since, i'll be goin for the driving test this week. note with Nigeria's driving skills, u'll fail the test, so before u go for the written test, go to their office and grab the driver's manual. Good luck.

KENNYEAST,

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DEVELOPMENT AND THE GOOD LORD WILL CONTINUE TO SEE U TRHU,AMEN.

Please,what is the meaning of the Drug test u were talking about and how about your GC?

Before u get a job here u must undergo a drug test, usually after ur interview, it just to chek if u do drugs including igbo. lolllllll
if u chek my signature u'll see dat ive gotten my GC since. how is ur family?

Hi All,
So sory av bn away 4 months.I came bak frm d states april though my wife n daughta r stil dia n av bn kind of busy n unable 2 use ds site wt my fone.Gues am bak n beta .America is a place to b.
Kenyeast,i snt u a request on facebook .Pls try add me so dt we can av sum talks as we both reside in chicago.Though we r in northern chicago.Wish every1 having interview suces.Cheers

Hello Hannat, i did not see d request pls send it again. thanks

Kenyeast ,u mean u didnt c my request?But i got a notificatn dt u av aceptd me.Any i wil send a msg now on fb so u can kno its me.Pls fb inbox.Thanks

CN-2011AF00007XXX(My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

Last edited by a moderator:
House please come to my rescue, i don't know why the US EMBASSY is still holding on to my passport. I had my interview on 9th of june and i was told to pick up my visa on 16th of june in LEKKI, I went there as usual but i was told its not ready up till today whenever i call them i do receive the same message 'your visa is not ready". Please house what is happening to my case cos its getting close to 2weeks now. THANK YOU

House please come to my rescue, i don't know why the US EMBASSY is still holding on to my passport. I had my interview on 9th of june and i was told to pick up my visa on 16th of june in LEKKI, I went there as usual but i was told its not ready up till today whenever i call them i do receive the same message 'your visa is not ready". Please house what is happening to my case cos its getting close to 2weeks now. THANK YOU

Chill and I know that is easier when u have that passport in ur hands. It'll come, keeping calling every two days.Please don't abuse them!

Before u get a job here u must undergo a drug test, usually after ur interview, it just to chek if u do drugs including igbo. lolllllll
if u chek my signature u'll see dat ive gotten my GC since. how is ur family?

u did not update ur signature with the GC?

How long does it take to get the GC and how is life generally up there?

so I can come over with my Nigeria Driving license or the international Driving license?which one is better?

May the good Lord continue to be with you up there and guide ur steps.

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

pls just drop the license from nigeria,go to department of motor vehicles in that state and write the test,if u pass,u'll be given learner permit,then when u pass the road test,u'll be given a driver license,there is nothing to convert.
conversion is not done in maryland..but it you know someone in new jersy you can write the test and it ll be converted for you..jus mail something with your name to your friends place and that will be your proff of address

just hold on and fear not.my daughter's passport had the same challenge.it hanged and untill it drops,there is nothing nigeria can do about it,so just hold on and praise God ok

Both nigeria and international driving license are not necessary,i did that and no one asked for it,it was just waste of money.when u get here,u'll write a test,if u pass,u'll be give a learner permit,then when u pass the road test,u'll get a driver license.to get the learner's permit cost me 77dollar 50cents,u'll also pay to get the driver license but i've not gotten mine so i dont know the price for now.

so I can come over with my Nigeria Driving license or the international Driving license?which one is better?

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

this ur question is very funny lol.ur dress code does not matter,what matters is ur composure,correct documents and answer all the questions the consular ask u,i wish u success.
For those who have gone to the embassy for interview: is there any dress code for selectee? Formal, strictly formal or casual. Guyz, pls what's ur take on this, it might sound funny but i think its necessary!

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

yea Dunsbabe has said it all, u don't need those licenses, nobody asked me off my own, all u need is to know how to drive, in Chicago, u can walk into their office today and come out with ur license and ur state ID for $40.

yea Dunsbabe has said it all, u don't need those licenses, nobody asked me off my own, all u need is to know how to drive, in Chicago, u can walk into their office today and come out with ur license and ur state ID for $40.

Thanks for the info.

So,i dnt need to waste money in collecting any Nigeria Driving license again.

Txs a lot and the good Lord continue to intercede for us all on this forum,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!