• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Winners from EUROPE ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote you a private message. read it and if you need something else let me know I'll help you if I can!:) don't worry about AOS since you live in Kosovo that does not apply to you! I'm from Kosovo too:)

Dear Sir/Sirs,
A few days ago, I got the Notification Letter by the KCC saying that I was selected for further Processing for the Green Card Lottery.
I already sent back all the filled forms to the KCC which they already received on May the 26th 2010.
I am from Italy.
My CN is: 2011EU00008xxx.
Can you please be so kind to answer to the following questions?
1) Do you think that my case number is a good one? Do you think that I have got good chances?
2)Do you know if: you have a good background education and work experiences will have better chances compared to others selectees to get the second notification letter?
3)How many months do you think I have to wait before getting the second letter?
4) It is advisable for me let's say in one month to contact the KCC to find out any news of my status?
5)Is there a way where I can personally find out online my personal status?
Best Regards,
Topolino

Dear Sir/Sirs,
A few days ago, I got the Notification Letter by the KCC saying that I was selected for further Processing for the Green Card Lottery.
I already sent back all the filled forms to the KCC which they already received on May the 26th 2010.
I am from Italy.
My CN is: 2011EU00008xxx.
Can you please be so kind to answer to the following questions?
1) Do you think that my case number is a good one? Do you think that I have got good chances?
2)Do you know if: you have a good background education and work experiences will have better chances compared to others selectees to get the second notification letter?
3)How many months do you think I have to wait before getting the second letter?
4) It is advisable for me let's say in one month to contact the KCC to find out any news of my status?
5)Is there a way where I can personally find out online my personal status?
Best Regards,
Topolino

First of all, Complimenti on being a selectee, it is just beginning of a journey! Here are the answers:
1)Your case number is favorable and quite low for the region and country you come from. I had a friend who had a case number around 7000 got her interview in December 15, so expect yours in November, since there are not many selectees from your country. Plus, all depends on workload of the US embassy in your country.
2) Your English proficiency, educational and professional background have a vital role to be granted a DV visa. However, to get the second notification letter, where they gonna send instructions to the following steps and an interview date, won't have a huge impact. As long as you did not have a criminal background and other negative things on DS-230 (part II). You will be fine.
3) My prediction you will get the second letter (providing you have send them all necessary forms (DS-122, 230 and 2 photos with an adhesive self-return address), they should get back to you earliest in Sep or late October. Otherwise, you can directly contact the KCC and ask your case situation, sometimes people can find out their interview date earlier from the KCC directly, before the embassy sends the second letter.
4) Since you are from Italy, maybe just to give a call or an email won't be catastrophic, I understand your position, you just want to make sure things are going smoothly.
5)I don't think you can find anything online, only through KCC you can find out the status of your case, which is via email or phone.

Ciao

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Dear Sir,
I was very pleased to receive you answers so quickly.
Thank you very much indeed for the detailed answers you returned to me.
I found this Immigration Forum quite interesting.
Once again,
Best Regards,
by Topolino

I live in Kosovo. What is AOS and CP ? Could you explain it to me. Secondly, what is the next step to do ? Fulfill the Form DSP-122 and Form DS-230, Part I and II and than send them back to KCC ? COuld you please help me out.

yes, you need to send the filled forms back to KCC as soon as possible, but before sending triple check everything and don't forget about the photos!!! if you have any questions I will help you as I can!!! good luck to you!!!

DV Lottery 2011

Sir,

I have received NL today which is dated 27th April. I applied based on my wife's native country which is Kazakhstan. My case number is 2011EU00017XXX.
I have few questions regarding forms and will appreciate your answers.

1. What should i write in item no. 39 - Name and address of Petitioner?
2. I am not sure where i am going live in US. What should i write in item no. 10 and 11 - Permanent address in US, where you intend to live.

Thanks & regards,

Sir,

I have received NL today which is dated 27th April. I applied based on my wife's native country which is Kazakhstan. My case number is 2011EU00017XXX.

2. I am not sure where i am going live in US. What should i write in item no. 10 and 11 - Permanent address in US, where you intend to live.

Thanks & regards,

мои поздравления!!! my congratulations!!!

the case number is good, no too high and you have time to prepare all paperwork!

so, in 39 - Name and address of Petitioner , you need to write the name and address of a person who was selected for the DV 2011. if it's you then it's your name and address, if your wife's, then her's.
so, when did you get you letter May 29??? what country did youget it???

Sir,

Thanks & regards,

if you are not sure where to live in the USA just write N/A in items 10 and 11.

мои поздравления!!! my congratulations!!!

the case number is good, no too high and you have time to prepare all paperwork!

so, in 39 - Name and address of Petitioner , you need to write the name and address of a person who was selected for the DV 2011. if it's you then it's your name and address, if your wife's, then her's.
so, when did you get you letter May 29??? what country did youget it???

Thanks for your help! I got it on May 26 in Kazakhstan at my wife's home address.

Hi everyone,

I live in Northern Ireland, this is my first time applying. I noticed that somebody from the Republic of Ireland got their letter a few weeks ago. Does this mean I won't get my letter, or is there still time? If I do get it, now that it's nearly June will my case number be too high?

Thanks & good luck everyone!

You can't be sure until July 1st. Then you can check the website to make sure.

If you would receive a letter now, the casenumber would most likely be high yes :(

Hi everyone,

I live in Northern Ireland, this is my first time applying. I noticed that somebody from the Republic of Ireland got their letter a few weeks ago. Does this mean I won't get my letter, or is there still time? If I do get it, now that it's nearly June will my case number be too high?

Thanks & good luck everyone!

hmmm...it´s hard to say if your CN will be high, because there are winners who got their NL a few days ago and they had a low number...:)

Hey there,
I'm from Austria - first time participating in the lotterey... is there anyone coming from austria who's received their NL yet??
many thanks+good luck to all of you

Hi everyone !
And Congratulations all the winners too!

I got also winning notification.
I already printed forms I'm just getting nervous.
(Originally am from Slovakia ) all the best everyone !!!! A:)

congratulations! :)

what´s your casenumber? is it high or low?
when did you receive the letter??

Hi I86
I' m from Slovakia.
I got "magic" letter 25.may.2010 ( Northen Ireland)
I hope you will get your soon .!!!!!maybe they posted later for Slovakia fingers cross.
All the best
A:)

Hi ME1985
I wish you luck .
I got letter 25.may.2010 (I'm from Slovakia) we are on same boat
.Did you sent any money with those forms 122-230?
Good luck everyone!!!!!
A:)

Hi Adriana37
no money to be sent. Only forms 122 and 230 duly filled in and signed; 2 photos and the bar code you received.
Make a photocopy or scan all the documents for your record.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.