• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Winners from EUROPE ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one advice for all those coming to the us from europe .....don't come !!!
You gonna regret big time...........i know some members from this forum will be pissed and i can expect some vitriolic ( stupid replays to my post) but you will se i was giving you right advice soon enough...cheers

I don't think you're right. First let anyone to appreciate the right choise for themself. I've been twice in USA, and it was the best thing I've ever done. So please don't write so demotivating things, unless you're not telling us all the details of you're story.

thanx

well .. there is some good stuff worth coming over for ... say cheap underwear or condoms (buy 3 get one FREE kind of stuff) apart from that ...NADA ,ZERO?

giving you full details of my story ... well I actual got it good .. by sheer luck ... did not buy a house ,did not buy a car on credit and did not lost my job (I actually sold my company before the ECONOMIC MELT DOWN STRUCK... BUT YOU CAN ASK ABOUT 30 MILLION AMERICANS ( YES THAT MUCH IS EITHER WITHOUT A WORK OR WORKING FOR MINIMUM WAGE OR IS IN THE PRISONS) what they think about USA at the moment ...but be careful you know people HERE are pretty touchy when it comes to opening up to strangers ... THEY MIGHT SHOOT YOU ON THE SPOT ;)
ANYWAYS ABOUT 80 MILLIONS PEOPLE IN THE USA ARE LIVING BELOW POVERTY LINE SO .....THINK TWICE AGAIN ...IF THEY DID NOT MAKE IT HERE AND ITS THEIR COUNTRY AND THEY BEEN HERE BEFORE YOU WHAT GIVES YOU AN IDEA THAT YOU ARE BETTER THEN THEY ARE AND THAT YOU WILL SUCCEED WHERE THEY FAILED ???????

YOU SAY YOU BEEN IN THE USA AND THAT WAS THE BEST THING YOU DID IN YOUR LIFE ???
WELL FROM WHAT YOU SAID I CAN CONCLUDE FEW THINGS :
YOU BEEN IN PRISON OR SOME SORT OF INSTITUTION FOR VERY LOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME SO NOW EVERYTHING IS PEACHY ( SINCE YOU GOT OUT )

OR YOU FELL ON THE HEAD AND NOW YOU HAVE THIS VISION IN BEING IN SOME FANTASY LAND WHICH IN FACT DOES NOT EXIST BEYOND FIGMENTS OF YOUR IMAGINATION

OR BOTH TIME YOU ACTUALLY LANDED IN CANADA OR VISITED CANADA TWICE WITHOUT REALIZING THAT'S NOT THE USA ;)
HEY I'M SERIOUS - IT HAPPENS TO SOME CHINESE PEOPLE I MET WHILE BACK WHEN ON HOLIDAY TO NIAGARA FALLS ...ONE DAY THEY JUST BOARDED ONE LARGE BARREL AND OFF THEY WENT TO PROMISED LAND ... WHEREVER THAT MIGHT BE... AND I SAW THEM THERE WITH BARREL AND ALL GETTING READY TO WET THEIR FEET ( FIGURATIVE SPEECH) ....ONCE AGAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
well .. there is some good stuff worth coming over for ... say cheap underwear or condoms (buy 3 get one FREE kind of stuff) apart from that ...NADA ,ZERO?

giving you full details of my story ... well I actual got it good .. by sheer luck ... did not buy a house ,did not buy a car on credit and did not lost my job (I actually sold my company before the ECONOMIC MELT DOWN STRUCK... BUT YOU CAN ASK ABOUT 30 MILLION AMERICANS ( YES THAT MUCH IS EITHER WITHOUT A WORK OR WORKING FOR MINIMUM WAGE OR IS IN THE PRISONS) what they think about USA at the moment ...but be careful you know people HERE are pretty touchy when it comes to opening up to strangers ... THEY MIGHT SHOOT YOU ON THE SPOT ;)
ANYWAYS ABOUT 80 MILLIONS PEOPLE IN THE USA ARE LIVING BELOW POVERTY LINE SO .....THINK TWICE AGAIN ...IF THEY DID NOT MAKE IT HERE AND ITS THEIR COUNTRY AND THEY BEEN HERE BEFORE YOU WHAT GIVES YOU AN IDEA THAT YOU ARE BETTER THEN THEY ARE AND THAT YOU WILL SUCCEED WHERE THEY FAILED ???????

YOU SAY YOU BEEN IN THE USA AND THAT WAS THE BEST THING YOU DID IN YOUR LIFE ???
YOU BEEN IN PRISON OR SOME SORT OF INSTITUTION FOR VERY LOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME SO NOW EVERYTHING IS PEACHY ( SINCE YOU GOT OUT )

OR YOU FELL ON THE HEAD AND NOW YOU HAVE THIS VISION IN BEING IN SOME FANTASY LAND WHICH IN FACT DOES NOT EXIST BEYOND FIGMENTS OF YOUR IMAGINATION

OR BOTH TIME YOU ACTUALLY LANDED IN CANADA OR VISITED CANADA TWICE WITHOUT REALIZING THAT'S NOT THE USA ;)
HEY I'M SERIOUS - IT HAPPENS TO SOME CHINESE PEOPLE I MET WHILE BACK WHEN ON HOLIDAY TO NIAGARA FALLS ...ONE DAY THEY JUST BOARDED ONE LARGE BARREL AND OFF THEY WENT TO PROMISED LAND ... WHEREVER THAT MIGHT BE... AND I SAW THEM THERE WITH BARREL AND ALL GETTING READY TO WET THEIR FEET ( FIGURATIVE SPEECH) ....ONCE AGAIN

hey bmx88,

lol what you are saying is true, BUT
For most of the americans right now who are in trouble, it's because they have huge debts.... they went to college/university, and therefore, even if they got a good job, they got trouble to make it, especially when the recession hit them, and with the interests rate raising as hell.
I was working in atlanta 2008-2010 and I was living in Canada for 10 years before... always going back and forth to the US. My fiancee is from atlanta and all my friends lives there. so I do know about the situation.

The situation is clearly diferent for someone who's coming from another country, with enough saving money for a couple of months, with degrees and NO DEBTS!!!
That's the difference with all those americans who are suffering right now in the US, you don't have debts when we are coming over, and we got degrees (Im talking about me tho)
It's easy to scare people like that, and I do agree that if you are going to the US to make money through a business or self employment it might be tuff right now, but if you are qualified in the right field, you will make it and your life will be better than in Europe (Im experiencing London right now, I got a good job, my paycheck is huge but the cost of life is so high that I cannot afford the thing I could afford when I was in the US with less money...)

But again it all depends in which field you are, if you are qualified enough, and choose wisely which state you will move to in the US cause remember that the USA are real big and every state got a diferent dynamic.

I still hear what u are saying bmx88, it s not wrong, but cannot apply this to everyone.

ANyway, which country you're from, did u get your green card through the lottery? We could use your help if it's the case, that would be nice :)

HM.....WELL CHECK THIS THEN ...FROM ANOTHER ANGLE

HERE YOU HAVE INEPT/CORRUPT POLITICIANS ON ONE SIDE ( ALMOST ALL OF THEM ARE ON THE PAYROLL OF BIG CORPORATIONS ) AND UNDER INEPT I INCLUDE THE CURRENT PRESIDENT WHO AFTER ALL THIS HYPE IS SHOWN TO BE NOTHING MORE THEN A PUPPET ( OR SHOULD I SAY A MUPPET BUT NOT AS NEARLY FUNNY AS KERMIT THE FROG ),WIDE SPREAD CONTENT ABOUT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT , HUGE BUDGET DEFICIT ...AND WHEN I SAY HUGE ..ITS DIFFICULT TO IMAGINE IT BECAUSE NEVER BEFORE ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAD SUCH A GAP IN FINANCE SUCH AS USA NOW ..IN FEW YEARS TIME DEFICIT WOULD BE MORE THEN COMBINED NATIONAL PRODUCT OF THE USA !! ...ON THE OTHER SIDE YOU HAVE NEAR CRITICAL MASS OF UNEMPLOYED AND PEOPLE LIVING IN POVERTY ....+ WIDE SPREAD FEAR OF IMMIGRANTS OF ANY KIND - YEP IT TOOK ONLY FEW YEARS OF SO CALLED ECONOMIC CRISIS FOR THIS "NATION OF IMMIGRANTS" TO SHOWS PRETTY UGLY FACE AND I SHOULD SAY MASS HYSTERIA REGARDING ANYONE WHO IS NOT " NATIVE AMERICAN " ( NOT "NATIVE" NATIVE AMERICAN OF COURSE)... TODAY FOR EXAMPLE TO FIND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SPONSOR SOMEONE FOR HB 1 VISA IS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE !!!+ THEY EVEN TALK ABOUT CHANGING A CONSTITUTION IN ORDER TO STOP "IMMIGRATION BY BIRTH" !!!
+

HERE YOU ALSO HAVE EVER PRESENT PARANOIA ABOUT "THEM" AND UNDER THEM HERE IN THE US THEY SQUEEZE ANYONE FROM TERRORIST TO MAFIA TO SOUTH AMERICANS/MEXICANS ,IRISH , JEWS,HOMOSEXUALS ,ABORTIONIST ,LESBIANS .....SINGLE MOTHERS WITH LOTS OF CHILDREN ...ETC ( LIST IS SO LONG IT WOULD TAKE ANOTHER FORUM JUST TO COUNT ALL OF THE "PUBLIC ENEMIES ")

YOU ALSO HAVE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HERE ( BANKS - WALL STREET KIND ) WHO ARE BASICALLY RUN AS ORGANIZED CRIME SYNDICATES !!!..THAT WOULD BE YOUR FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH GOOD OLD US of A

ON TOP OF IT YOU HAVE ATROCIOUS HEALTH CARE AND DEPLETED PENSION FUNDS AND SOCIAL SECURITY FUND...(YEP SS WILL RUN OUT BY THE TIME YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR PENSION)...IF YOU CAN "LOL" TO THIS THEN YOU ARE NUTS !!!

SO WHEN YOU TAKE ALL THAT INTO CONSIDERATION THERE IS NOT MUCH SPACE LEFT FOR "LOL"....WHAT DO YOU THINK HOW LONG THAT KIND OF SOCIETY COULD ENDURE AND IS THERE A "LIGHT ON THE END OF THE TUNNEL"....???
OH YES ONE MORE THING ...YOU HAVE A COUNTRY WHICH I IN PERPETUAL STATE OF WAR WITH ENEMY THEY DON'T SEE AND CAN'T CAPTURE ....AND THAT GOES FOR ALMOST 2 DECADES NOW !!.......

SO ALL IN ALL IF I TOLD ALL THIS TO SOME KID WHO NEVER HEARD OF THE USA HE WOULD PROBABLY CRY AND RUN BACK TO HIS MOTHER ....;);;;;OR EVEN BETTER...CONSIDER THIS ... IF I TOLD YOU TO MOVE TO SOME COUNTRY DESCRIBED LIKE ABOVE BUT OMITTING ITS USA - WOULD YOU EMIGRATE THERE OR YOU WOULD KINDLY TELL ME TO F..K OFF????

AGAIN ...TAKE MY ADVICE AND AVOID COMING OVER

BTW I'M FROM EU ( ONE OF THE BIGGEST STATES AND THEY SAY RICHEST)....I CAME TO THE USA ON INVESTORS VISA WAY BACK ..GC HOLDER

hey bmx88,

lol what you are saying is true, BUT
For most of the americans right now who are in trouble, it's because they have huge debts.... they went to college/university, and therefore, even if they got a good job, they got trouble to make it, especially when the recession hit them, and with the interests rate raising as hell.
I was working in atlanta 2008-2010 and I was living in Canada for 10 years before... always going back and forth to the US. My fiancee is from atlanta and all my friends lives there. so I do know about the situation.

The situation is clearly diferent for someone who's coming from another country, with enough saving money for a couple of months, with degrees and NO DEBTS!!!
That's the difference with all those americans who are suffering right now in the US, you don't have debts when we are coming over, and we got degrees (Im talking about me tho)
It's easy to scare people like that, and I do agree that if you are going to the US to make money through a business or self employment it might be tuff right now, but if you are qualified in the right field, you will make it and your life will be better than in Europe (Im experiencing London right now, I got a good job, my paycheck is huge but the cost of life is so high that I cannot afford the thing I could afford when I was in the US with less money...)

But again it all depends in which field you are, if you are qualified enough, and choose wisely which state you will move to in the US cause remember that the USA are real big and every state got a diferent dynamic.

I still hear what u are saying bmx88, it s not wrong, but cannot apply this to everyone.

ANyway, which country you're from, did u get your green card through the lottery? We could use your help if it's the case, that would be nice :)

Im well aware of living costs in the UK/LONDON ..lived there for 6 years but and here is the BIG BUT .....cost of living are very HIGH IN THE USA COMPARED WITH US SALARIES ....US STANDARD OF LIVING WAS NOT BASED ON EARNING POTENTIAL BUT ON CREDIT or should I say WAS based on it considering it collapsed in the last 2 years.... I know a lot of people from UK who emigrated here and all of them at the beginning had same impression like you ...OH EVERYTHING IS SO CHEAP COMPARED WITH UK AND POUND IS SO STRONG SO IT COMES ALMOST AS A STEAL LIVING IN USA BUT THEN ....they got the job and they suddenly found themselves in pretty sh...y position ... in the nut shell they found out that they SALARIES ARE WAY LOWER THEN SALARIES BACK HOME IN REAL TERMS ...+ THEY ALSO FELL FOR THAT MYTH OF LOWER TAXES IN THE USA WHICH IS ANOTHER BIG CON ARGUMENT WHICH IS PROVEN TO BE FALSE ...BUT I ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT SO MANY TIMES HERE ON THIS FORUM I DON'T WANT TO REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN

I can see your point of view, but this is a forum, that's why we are sharing thoughts and is no need to offend someone..... so please keep your frustrations out of this topic.

Im well aware of living costs in the UK/LONDON ..lived there for 6 years but and here is the BIG BUT .....cost of living are very HIGH IN THE USA COMPARED WITH US SALARIES ....US STANDARD OF LIVING WAS NOT BASED ON EARNING POTENTIAL BUT ON CREDIT or should I say WAS based on it considering it collapsed in the last 2 years.... I know a lot of people from UK who emigrated here and all of them at the beginning had same impression like you ...OH EVERYTHING IS SO CHEAP COMPARED WITH UK AND POUND IS SO STRONG SO IT COMES ALMOST AS A STEAL LIVING IN USA BUT THEN ....they got the job and they suddenly found themselves in pretty sh...y position ... in the nut shell they found out that they SALARIES ARE WAY LOWER THEN SALARIES BACK HOME IN REAL TERMS ...+ THEY ALSO FELL FOR THAT MYTH OF LOWER TAXES IN THE USA WHICH IS ANOTHER BIG CON ARGUMENT WHICH IS PROVEN TO BE FALSE ...BUT I ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT SO MANY TIMES HERE ON THIS FORUM I DON'T WANT TO REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN

I can see you didn t understand what I just said....

I was in the US first before I came to the UK, first when I arrived in London I was really happy cause I was earning more than in the US, I was paid waway much more....
Then after a month I realized that it was way much better in Atlanta cause I could afford more stuff and have a better quality of life in atlanta even if my paycheck was half of what Im earning right now in London.
Even if I have to pay for health care and everything else combine, when I do the balance, in my situation, Atlanta is the best bet for me, especially now that I want to have a family... the cost of life is way much less and quality better with less money, Im not just talking I experienced both (in the middle of a recession) so I can talk about it. MY POINT IS THAT EVERYONE GOT A DIFERENT STORY AND EXPERIENCE.
So EVERYONE GO SEE FOR YOURSELF, IT ALL DEPEND OF YOUR SITUATION.

I was in the US first before I came to the UK, first when I arrived in London I was really happy cause I was earning more than in the US, I was paid waway much more....
Then after a month I realized that it was way much better in Atlanta cause I could afford more stuff and have a better quality of life in atlanta even if my paycheck was half of what Im earning right now in London.
Even if I have to pay for health care and everything else combine, when I do the balance, in my situation, Atlanta is the best bet for me, especially now that I want to have a family... the cost of life is way much less and quality better with less money, Im not just talking I experienced both (in the middle of a recession) so I can talk about it. MY POINT IS THAT EVERYONE GOT A DIFERENT STORY AND EXPERIENCE.
So EVERYONE GO SEE FOR YOURSELF, IT ALL DEPEND OF YOUR SITUATION.[/
QUOTE]

Totally agree:)

So EVERYONE GO SEE FOR YOURSELF, IT ALL DEPEND OF YOUR SITUATION.[/
QUOTE]

Totally agree:)

yes another mantra .. "everyone has different experience "... and such ..

well its not like that ... MORE PEOPLE BY STATISTIC HAS NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO THRIVE IN THE ENVIRONMENT THAT I JUST TRIED TO EXPLAIN NO PROSPERITY IS POSSIBLE IN THE COUNTRY WITH CORRUPT POLITICIANS FOR SURE OR POLITICIANS ON THE PAY ROLL OF BIG CORPORATIONS ..ITS NEVER BEEN DONE IN THE HISTORY .... IF YOU READ HISTORY OF SAY ROMAN EMPIRE OR BYZANTIUM YOU SEE WHAT I 'M TALKING ABOUT ....CORRUPTION AND POLITICAL IMPOTENCE BROUGHT THEM DOWN ...AND HISTORY HAS A NASTY HABIT OF REPEATING ITSELF ..HERE YOU HAVE NO JOB STABILITY , NO SOCIAL STABILITY , NO ECONOMIC STABILITY , NO SAVINGS SECURITY , NO PROPERTY VALUE SECURITY , NO BANK SECURITY , NO PERSONALS SECURITY ...AND YOU ARE NOT SECURE OF SOME MANIACS SHOOTING YOU ON SIGHT BECAUSE THEY BEEN LAID OFF ......ETC

INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING HERE ....ITS PRETTY PREDICTABLE ACTUALLY ... YOU WILL HAVE SOME GOOD YEARS FOLLOWED BY DECADES OF BAD S..T HAPPENING TO YOU ...ITS INEVITABLE ......SORRY TO SAY THAT .....BUT ONLY VERY LUCKY ONES WOULD ARCHIVE SOMETHING HERE ....ONE IN VERY 10 000 MAYBE ONE IN 20 000 WILL BE SUCCESSFUL HERE IN THE USA ...ALL THE OTHER WOULD FAIL ....IN SOME RESPECT ....

I can only add that I wish someone told me all these things about US before I decided to emigrate there ,it would make me think about the whole thing and I would be prepared better .
I don't approve this kind of exchange with insults but both ZIRA and SISTA are wrong to try to stop someone express their opinion only because contradict theirs ,emigrating to another country is very demanding thing and we should know all the good and the bad things about our destination ;

I can only add that I wish someone told me all these things about US before I decided to emigrate there ,it would make me think about the whole thing and I would be prepared better .
I don't approve this kind of exchange with insults but both ZIRA and SISTA are wrong to try to stop someone express their opinion only because contradict theirs ,emigrating to another country is very demanding thing and we should know all the good and the bad things about our destination ;

As I sad before, this is a forum, anyone is free to express it's opinions. The only bothering thing in BMX's posts that he insults anyone for anything, treat people with different opinions than his like aliens or something.

So keep the frustrasions out of this topic. Start respecting people in order to be respected.

Exactly aron127, I do not at all say that someone isn't free to express their opinion, but the way how that is done matters a lot.

If you actually read the posts you will see that bmx88 actually started to offend and insult aron instead of expressing hes opinion in an adult matter. Action gives reaction.

If you want to discuss and express your opinion, fine. If you want to discuss by shouting in caps, slagging people off, showing no respect and make assumptions based on nothing, expect to be treated like a retard. Life is really easy sometimes :D

Btw... I'm not the first person who dislikes him, look at hes "work". He's just a bored forum troll :p

Exactly aron127, I do not at all say that someone isn't free to express their opinion, but the way how that is done matters a lot.

If you actually read the posts you will see that bmx88 actually started to offend and insult aron instead of expressing hes opinion in an adult matter. Action gives reaction.

If you want to discuss and express your opinion, fine. If you want to discuss by shouting in caps, slagging people off, showing no respect and make assumptions based on nothing, expect to be treated like a retard. Life is really easy sometimes :D

Btw... I'm not the first person who dislikes him, look at hes "work". He's just a bored forum troll :p

your bedside manners are not exactly perfect mate ,
you too have to work on your behavior on this forum and watch your language

well I think bmx nice inside, I know sometimes he is annoying us with his posts, but he makes me laugh

Says someone who calls people from the middle east losers.... uhuh... that's very rich of you anzac. Perhaps you and bmx88 can start a color class together :)

azanac you are very bad person remember what u wrote about me in another posts, at least bmx funny but you are not funny actually you are the loser not me so you can go to.......................

I wish all I said was just a bad joke but .... its not ... tough times ahead for everyone coming over ...mark my words and remember my comments :(

I'm gonna limit my post from now o on quoting opinion of my "fellow " AMERICANS so if someone likes to argue about anything they can buy out some prime time TV ads for that ... because hundreds of millions of people in this country have pretty negative opinion about sorry state of affairs on this side of ATLANTIC ... so here it goes ...this is the comment by someone (not me ) on Michelle Obama trip with small bunch of friends to SPAIN (abut 40+ friends of the president went to SPAIN on 4 days private visit spending about 2500 dollars per person per day for 5 star hotel accommodation )

As one of the 50% that pays Federal taxes I am sick of all the spending as well. I think is very sad that so many of you have taken this as a racial issue, but since this President has been in office the racial tension has shot through the roof. The only way Obama won the Presidency was with a large number of white voters. I think most of you are reading this story for the first time and don't realize that Michelle took 40 friends at taxpayers expense on this trip. Not just her daughter and a few friends like the liberal reporter stated in the article. If we had more honest reporters out there and not ones that were trying to cover for this Administration maybe more of you would be objective and realize that we don't criticize Obama because of his skin color but it is that we don't like what he is doing to our economy, our national security and our future. America is not a Socialist county. I own a small business, is he destroying us out here.That is a fact not a racial comment..

Status
Not open for further replies.