• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

My dad has won DV2011. My mum was also joint applicant with my Dad. We already got the 2nd letter also. The fact is that, i did a little mistake when i was submitting the DV application. The mistake was that, my mum's actual name is MAMTAZ but i wrote MOMTAZ there by mistake. My mum's all certificates are with her Actual name which is MAMTAZ. Now, what should i do ?? Should i have to change all her certificates ?? They called them for interview on February 2011. Time is so short. What should i do? Plz tell. Another question? Will they have to show national ID card ??

you r in trouble because us embassy will not compromise with namemistake and also you have not much time . So i dont know what to say. Wish u good luck.

My dad has won DV2011. My mum was also joint applicant with my Dad. We already got the 2nd letter also. The fact is that, i did a little mistake when i was submitting the DV application. The mistake was that, my mum's actual name is MAMTAZ but i wrote MOMTAZ there by mistake. My mum's all certificates are with her Actual name which is MAMTAZ. Now, what should i do ?? Should i have to change all her certificates ?? They called them for interview on February 2011. Time is so short. What should i do? Plz tell. Another question? Will they have to show national ID card ??

hello mith00n/(mithoon) ,
NID is a big identity for anyone , it will help u for interview. in dv name mistake is big issue, your father is the main applicant so maybe their is a chance i think, if u change all doc's of your mom those new doc's issue date will be current that will not good for your father's interview . what u had wrote your mom's name in ds-230 and dsp-122 form? take your mom's old photo id as much as they can with their marriage photo and family photo , they have to prove & convince to the officer's that they are the person who are selected for dv. so take those type of doc's which will prove your mom is your father's wife and also u all are her children. so don't worry , wishing all of u good luck.

Zahid

how u fill your name in passport form , how is your name in education /birth certificate or NID ,i ask u because your is made on those doc's. if it is passport office fault just correct your name , have u noticed the passport office about your old passport? it will easy for u for correction . so far i know your previous passport is not valid now.
i'm not confirm about your last question sorry.

zahid

Dear Zahid bhai,

Thanks for your response! In MRP, Last Name field is mandatory, so I had to put "Akter" as my last name but in DV lottery form I gave "Akter" as middle name, and in same way I filled up DSP forms as well, in fact I didn't wanted to be called as "Akter"! Anyways, my all documents contain my name as "Tania Akter" ... our certificates or NID doesn't contain each name word separately like today's system! So, what should I do now? Any suggestion? Should I amend my passport without last name? I don't think they will approve my passport without any last name!

My last question was, I have two passports, one is handwritten and the other one MRP, I didn't return my old passport, I will return it soon, I already talked to passport office! :D

Dear Zahid bhai,

Thanks for your response! In MRP, Last Name field is mandatory, so I had to put "Akter" as my last name but in DV lottery form I gave "Akter" as middle name, and in same way I filled up DSP forms as well, in fact I didn't wanted to be called as "Akter"! Anyways, my all documents contain my name as "Tania Akter" ... our certificates or NID doesn't contain each name word separately like today's system! So, what should I do now? Any suggestion? Should I amend my passport without last name? I don't think they will approve my passport without any last name!

My last question was, I have two passports, one is handwritten and the other one MRP, I didn't return my old passport, I will return it soon, I already talked to passport office! :D

Dear tania
name problem is a big issue in dv, you know it very well bcose u r regular in this forum. i don't understand how u write your name in dv! now your passport name is akter tania , is it ? i think your mrp passport name is ok, it made on your NID/ BC/ Education certificate. in which doc's base u amend your passport name?if possible what will happen in your other docs and id card's ? think very carefully and make your decision . name should be same both in your dv and your doc's, anyway hope for the best and wishing u good luck .

Zahid

Dear tania
name problem is a big issue in dv, you know it very well bcose u r regular in this forum. i don't understand how u write your name in dv! now your passport name is akter tania , is it ? i think your mrp passport name is ok, it made on your NID/ BC/ Education certificate. in which doc's base u amend your passport name?if possible what will happen in your other docs and id card's ? think very carefully and make your decision . name should be same both in your dv and your doc's, anyway hope for the best and wishing u good luck .

Zahid

Yeah, name problems are big issue! My name spelling is fine, it just about name location! Okay let me clear you and see if you can help me out with some suggestion .... In DV lottery form, I did put like

First Name: TANIA Middle Name: AKTER Last Name: (I didn't put any name just checked the box where says "No Last Name")

In same way, I filled up DSP forms, because they sent me 1st NL as NLN, TANIA AKTER where NLN means "No Last Name"

But our native system was very different than today, wasn't it? We have our documents referred as only Name, unfortunately there was no Last Name or Middle Name or First Name but only Name! If you see your NID/Certificates you will see your name as "Name" title, there's no last/first but MRP does contain First and Last! Do you think I should correct my passport name as "NLN, TANIA AKTER"?

Hi everyone,
My name is Saeid Mobarak.I have same problem as Tania.I have got my second letter two weeks ago.My interview date is on last week of February.So please help me & Tania.

Yeah, name problems are big issue! My name spelling is fine, it just about name location! Okay let me clear you and see if you can help me out with some suggestion .... In DV lottery form, I did put like

First Name: TANIA Middle Name: AKTER Last Name: (I didn't put any name just checked the box where says "No Last Name")

In same way, I filled up DSP forms, because they sent me 1st NL as NLN, TANIA AKTER where NLN means "No Last Name"

But our native system was very different than today, wasn't it? We have our documents referred as only Name, unfortunately there was no Last Name or Middle Name or First Name but only Name! If you see your NID/Certificates you will see your name as "Name" title, there's no last/first but MRP does contain First and Last! Do you think I should correct my passport name as "NLN, TANIA AKTER"?

MRP passport made on a database system software , you can talk to the passport office , which u want's to do in your passport.try to talk the highest authority of passport office ( not any DALAL). i don't think it's a big prob. but talk to the passport office, if possible do it as your dv name ,if not u have a perfect and confirm answer for it to your interview .

ZAHID

Mith00n

For spouse of primary applicant educational certificates are not mandatory. If your mom has some other photo id with MOMTAZ name and in the marriage certificate she has MOMTAZ then you can submit only these documents and no educational certificates.

NOTE: THIS IS MY SUGGESTION. I AM NOT A LAWYER

I am on AP since Nov-03, 2010. Any one have any idea how long will it take to finish the process?
By the way, my wife (principal applicant) has got the visa on Nov-24. Applying for immigration to AUSTRALIA affects the grant of DV visa or not? Thanks in advance.

I am on AP since Nov-03, 2010. Any one have any idea how long will it take to finish the process?
By the way, my wife (principal applicant) has got the visa on Nov-24. Applying for immigration to AUSTRALIA affects the grant of DV visa or not? Thanks in advance.

not it does not

Thanks for quick reply.
I have applied for AU and it is also on process and I gave this info to US embassy.
Any idea about the time frame or the process of AP of US Embassy?
Waiting.......and it hampers my life.

Thanks for quick reply.
I have applied for AU and it is also on process and I gave this info to US embassy.
Any idea about the time frame or the process of AP of US Embassy?
Waiting.......and it hampers my life.

M Rahman,

There is no guarantee that how long AP will take. But according to FBI website 98% case get cleared within 90 days and on top of that there are some days for documents sending/receiving. So I would say by 120 days your AP will be over (almost 100% confident). I have seen these for a good number of people coming to US from BD.

So don't worry this is the normal process. I think USA will be better than AUS :)

Take care..

Dear Zahidal,
Thank you for your information and kind suggestion.
Is there any process to track the progress of application?

Thanks.

Dear Zahidal,
Thank you for your information and kind suggestion.
Is there any process to track the progress of application?

Thanks.

I haven't heard abt any of the tracking system. If it takes too long then after every month or so you can send an email to US embassy in Dhaka.

Good Luck

Hi all,
yesterday i collect my mrp passport, where my last name is goning to my passport as surename.
Such my dv name is
NAZ, MD. NAM
and my passport such as
Surename: NAZ then
NAME: MD. NAM

Now the main things is father and mother name is not mentioned in mrp passport so in pcc clearence would be without father mother name or any other pepars to give them to do for this? FYI I have applied for my pcc to my local thana just attach my passport 1st 5 page photocopy, the orginal chalan copy(TR form 250/=) and a hand wrriten application (in bangla).

Zahid vi and my gold forum member plz do some comments.

ttania i discussed ur problem in passport office they told me it posseble to correction the name but obviously meet with the authority not any dalal as Zahid vi says.
s.mobarak if u have also those kind of problem then go faster for correction ur name.