• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Dear Brother Nazbhai,
I am so grateful to your help,thank you very much.Today I also discussed my problem in passport office, they told me it can be possible to correction name of mine.But they have to store all information of the previous passport and they will give the information if any embassy asks for.Because you will see the previous passport number under the new passport number.In that case what should we do for the next ?

-----Saeid Mobarak NLN

Hi everyone,
I am Back After a long time.I found a gush of light peeped out under cloud of frustration. It is for the date of my interview which is scheduled at the end of the second week of march.Last Tuesday I made a phone call to KCC and I came to know the date.I also asked for the 2nd letter and he told me that it would be sent 28 of January.So I hope that I will get the NL 1st or 2nd week of February.I need to know the required papers and others things for the Interview. I am giving the list of document I have and what is to collect.I am requesting to all to assist me by informing the others required things.

1. All academic papers (SSC & HSC): both Admit Cards, both mark Sheets, both certificates, both testimonials
2. I have completed my B.Sc. but I will not get Certificate just now.I will get it at the time of Convocation (2013).So I am going to collect my probational Certificate (pending).
3. My Birth certificate, NID, Passport.
4. I have no ID of School or College but university ID.Besides I have DU admission test ID, Medical admission test ID, A business ID ( all are of before 2008), A DBBL Debit Card (1 yr Old)
5. I have not make my PCC yet. I am confuse about it as my permanent address is Rajbari and present address is Dhaka.So How many PCC i have to make?
6. I also confuse about the NID. Because I provided a address of Tongi, Gazipur when information of NID was collected. As during that time I lived there. Will it affect ? there is also a spelling mistake in the name of my mom. will it affect?
7. I have to take an amount of $ 819 or equivalent amount of taka at the time of Interview.
I have to make medical report after getting The NL.

Now, suggest me other required docs ….plz

I also want to mention that I provided 4 places ( i lived movre than 6 months) at the item no. 30 of DS 230.These places are Rajshahi, Gazipur and different areas of Dhaka City.So, should I collect PCC for all these places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh great sstric36,
Finally u'hv got ur destination, Obviously its a spacial consideration of Allah. A lot of wishes to you, and we all will wait to see ur succses.
Ur mentioned no 6. NID issue, do remmember what sabrina says to me NID spelling error is not vary serious issue, ambassy knows most of our NID spelling mistakes. If u correcte NID the issue of date will be change so.. Its happend to me. I have done it before sabrina told me.

Almost u hav take the right process i think, And i hav also confussion about PCC. Lets see whats our forum says.

Hi everyone,
I am Back After a long time.I found a gush of light peeped out under cloud of frustration. It is for the date of my interview which is scheduled at the end of the second week of march.Last Tuesday I made a phone call to KCC and I came to know the date.I also asked for the 2nd letter and he told me that it would be sent 28 of January.So I hope that I will get the NL 1st or 2nd week of February.I need to know the required papers and others things for the Interview. I am giving the list of document I have and what is to collect.I am requesting to all to assist me by informing the others required things.

1. All academic papers (SSC & HSC): both Admit Cards, both mark Sheets, both certificates, both testimonials
2. I have completed my B.Sc. but I will not get Certificate just now.I will get it at the time of Convocation (2013).So I am going to collect my probational Certificate (pending).
4. I have no ID of School or College but university ID.Besides I have DU admission test ID, Medical admission test ID, A business ID ( all are of before 2008), A DBBL Debit Card (1 yr Old)
5. I have not make my PCC yet. I am confuse about it as my permanent address is Rajbari and present address is Dhaka.So How many PCC i have to make?
6. I also confuse about the NID. Because I provided a address of Tongi, Gazipur when information of NID was collected. As during that time I lived there. Will it affect ? there is also a spelling mistake in the name of my mom. will it affect?
7. I have to take an amount of $ 819 or equivalent amount of taka at the time of Interview.

I also want to mention that I provided 4 places ( i lived movre than 6 months) at the item no. 30 of DS 230.These places are Rajshahi, Gazipur and different areas of Dhaka City.So, should I collect PCC for all these places.

I'm just being curious. It's abt my date of birth(DOB). My bro entered d lottery 4 me. Incase my bro entered wrong DOB, What will b d danger? But any time i communicated wif KCC, I gave my true DOB would KCC have notified me if my true DOB n d 1 my bro entered didn't match? So folks, if my bro entered wrong DOB, what will happen during my interview? Has any1 bn faced with dis issue b4, n how did it go?

DOB........DOB,
Many cases face problem this issue, in case of mistake dateofbirth or birthplace, some are forget which Birthplace give when he entered edv, like me, i have this confusion also. Brother is a vary serious issue, ur wrong DOB doesnt contains ur certificate so...
which DOB u mentioned in 1NL?
Lets see who help u out of this problem also me.
Best of Luck
I'm just being curious. It's abt my date of birth(DOB). My bro entered d lottery 4 me. Incase my bro entered wrong DOB, What will b d danger? But any time i communicated wif KCC, I gave my true DOB would KCC have notified me if my true DOB n d 1 my bro entered didn't match? So folks, if my bro entered wrong DOB, what will happen during my interview? Has any1 bn faced with dis issue b4, n how did it go?

Hi all,
yesterday i collect my mrp passport, where my last name is goning to my passport as surename.
Such my dv name is
NAZ, MD. NAM
and my passport such as
Surename: NAZ then
NAME: MD. NAM

Now the main things is father and mother name is not mentioned in mrp passport so in pcc clearence would be without father mother name or any other pepars to give them to do for this? FYI I have applied for my pcc to my local thana just attach my passport 1st 5 page photocopy, the orginal chalan copy(TR form 250/=) and a hand wrriten application (in bangla).

Zahid vi and my gold forum member plz do some comments.

ttania i discussed ur problem in passport office they told me it posseble to correction the name but obviously meet with the authority not any dalal as Zahid vi says.
s.mobarak if u have also those kind of problem then go faster for correction ur name.

in pcc father or husband name is needed, have u written your father name in your application ? i don't know what is the procedure to take a PCC out dhaka, but to read your post i found the system is almost same in dhaka we applied for pcc on a official form which provide by the pcc authority, and give our passport photocopy and a chalan also with the form . if u not wrote your father name your application , please inform your local thana about that. thank u. don't worry your passport is MRP , they can easily read your father name , in dhaka pcc giving in English.

zahid

Hi everyone,

u need one pcc , u can take it easily from dhaka because now u living here .
your NID is ok in address, mom name spelling ! hope it will not be a big issue .but don't go for correction .

Zahid vi,
How can i return your advance cooperation.......
When i applied in our local thana for PCC the one of police SI said to me write an application to Officer in charge in BANGLA then i applied and Mention my father and mother name but dont mention my address. They dont give me any application from, they just took my hand written application and told me within few-days they will contact with me with my cell no. Thats all.

Another thing Zahid vi I am living Dhaka at 6yrs but i mentioned permanent address in DSP is my parants home which is Rangpur, so should i take anothr PCC in Dhaka or not?

in pcc father or husband name is needed, have u written your father name in your application ? i don't know what is the procedure to take a PCC out dhaka, but to read your post i found the system is almost same in dhaka we applied for pcc on a official form which provide by the pcc authority, and give our passport photocopy and a chalan also with the form . if u not wrote your father name your application , please inform your local thana about that. thank u. don't worry your passport is MRP , they can easily read your father name , in dhaka pcc giving in English.

zahid

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear NADIASAIFUR,
I am glad to see your response.Thanks for that. But are you sure? please dont mind, have you read the last 2 lines of my post?
what I learned about such case is from "travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html". would u please once visit the page?
click on the title police record.

please Inform me what you understand.

Dear NADIASAIFUR,
I am glad to see your response.Thanks for that. But are you sure? please dont mind, have you read the last 2 lines of my post?
what I learned about such case is from "travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html". would u please once visit the page?
click on the title police record.

please Inform me what you understand.

hi sstric36, hope u r doing fine. dear if u lived outside of ur country then u need pcc of those country, but u here in one country and also some places of this country, then this is not problem, u need one pcc, b cause pcc bcause pcc ensured that u r safe of ur current country. so for another country u need another pcc if u lived another.

so dont worry.

nadia.

Hi all,
yesterday i collect my mrp passport, where my last name is goning to my passport as surename.
Such my dv name is
NAZ, MD. NAM
and my passport such as
Surename: NAZ then
NAME: MD. NAM

Now the main things is father and mother name is not mentioned in mrp passport so in pcc clearence would be without father mother name or any other pepars to give them to do for this? FYI I have applied for my pcc to my local thana just attach my passport 1st 5 page photocopy, the orginal chalan copy(TR form 250/=) and a hand wrriten application (in bangla).

Zahid vi and my gold forum member plz do some comments.

ttania i discussed ur problem in passport office they told me it posseble to correction the name but obviously meet with the authority not any dalal as Zahid vi says.
s.mobarak if u have also those kind of problem then go faster for correction ur name.

It's so generous of you that you discuss the problem with passport office, so did I and also got suggested by some that, it won't affect anyway ... but I think I will go for correction. Thanks for your friendly support. By the way, if you have the MRP then why you have to take first 5pages of photocopy of your passport? So far I've seen, MRP contains all data in one page!

guys i have a same problem like nazdv. as i am the principal applicant and when i apply for dv visa 2011 on 2009 i have filled my husband name on the following way ---
first name: ABU MD.
Middle Name: Mokhlesur
Surname/last name: rahman

but in the first notification letter form dsp-230 i hve have filled my husband name on the following order.
first name: ABU
Middle Name: MD. Mokhlesur

and in my husband's mrp passport it also dsp-230 form wise. i have have send an email about this matter on kcc but the reply that they will attach this thing on my case. and there is no error or mistake on my husband's name. so i want your advice guys about this matter. we both have old expired hand written passport and it doest contain first, last and middle name issue. only our mrp passport has this thing. so plz advice me.

Zahid vi,
How can i return your advance cooperation.......
When i applied in our local thana for PCC the one of police SI said to me write an application to Officer in charge in BANGLA then i applied and Mention my father and mother name but dont mention my address. They dont give me any application from, they just took my hand written application and told me within few-days they will contact with me with my cell no. Thats all.

Another thing Zahid vi I am living Dhaka at 6yrs but i mentioned permanent address in DSP is my parants home which is Rangpur, so should i take anothr PCC in Dhaka or not?

thank u brother ' MANUSH TO MANUSHER E JONNO TAI NA' IF WE HAVE THE CAPACITY TO HELP WHY WE NOT DO IT , you see Mr. Rajiv S. khanna thank's to him for this forum.
now where is your current address ? pcc should made on that address base, i think. i will write u later in details.

zahid

guys i have a same problem like nazdv. as i am the principal applicant and when i apply for dv visa 2011 on 2009 i have filled my husband name on the following way ---

but in the first notification letter form dsp-230 i hve have filled my husband name on the following order.

and in my husband's mrp passport it also dsp-230 form wise. i have have send an email about this matter on kcc but the reply that they will attach this thing on my case. and there is no error or mistake on my husband's name. so i want your advice guys about this matter. we both have old expired hand written passport and it doest contain first, last and middle name issue. only our mrp passport has this thing. so plz advice me.

I haven't heard abt any of the tracking system. If it takes too long then after every month or so you can send an email to US embassy in Dhaka.

Good Luck

Hi Mr. Zahidal and all,
I got my visa at-last on 27th Jan. (interviewed on 1st Nov, then AP) It takes 11 weeks after my visa interview. Special thanks to Mr. Zahidal for your encouragement. And thanks to all again. Hope all will get your visa in time.
M RAHMAN
DHAKA.

It's so generous of you that you discuss the problem with passport office, so did I and also got suggested by some that, it won't affect anyway ... but I think I will go for correction. Thanks for your friendly support. By the way, if you have the MRP then why you have to take first 5pages of photocopy of your passport? So far I've seen, MRP contains all data in one page!

With pleasure, ttania Certificated name is consider all over the process of dv as i knew, if ur name of passport contains ur certificate name i think thats ok, thus may no need to any correction. Its ur choice whether it do or not.

And i attached my passport 5 pages photocopy as bcause of our local thana duty officers says. I think he doesnt have any idea about mrp thats y he asked me for the photocopy.

Best of Luck ttania and also me and all forum members :)