• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

wat the heck, you got your IL already?? Man, I wish i did Walk in BIO, but the security guard just won't let me in, I went like every other day, told me no early biometrics. Keep kicking me out.

ya, I did got it. I did walkin bio and everything went in 3-5 mins only. Coz my FO is VA. By the way there is another FO in Richmond VA they wont let early.. I tried ..

Yastin - mine is Fairfax as well. It's pretty amazing that you got your interview letter 12 days after the bio. I will be current in September, so it'll be interesting to see when they send my IL. Will keep you posted and would love to hear what your interview experience is like (when that happens).

Xenos, would you like to share where is your FO coz mine is in Fairfax VA. I hope u will be getting ur IL letter by this week.

I am 2012 EU00028xxx.
My current date will most likely be May-July 2012.

I currently live in IL (US), but consular office is in Montreal. I am in US on H-1B and I do qualify for AOS.

My dilemma: AOS (Adjustment of Status) or CP (consular processing).

Any suggestions?

I am almost tempted to do CP, because I am close to Montreal, and flying out there is a good excuse for a mini vacation.

From what I gather from reading the posts is that if my current date is in July, then immigration interview will most likely be in that month, AND decision will be made on that month.

Are there any posts where people applied for AOS and their processing went over Sept 30, deadline, and hence they didn't get the GC?

My Interview

Hey,
I had my interview today at 10. I arrived at 9:15 and was called in by the officer at 9:30. After swearing to tell only the truth, he asked for my ID and Passport. Then he started to look into my files ( i was seeing that those were my documents that posted to Chicago).
Then he asked if I am still student and then asked for my transcript - I handed him the transcript and registration confirmation for summer and up coming fall- which he looked at them.

Then he asked for the attachment of the IL which I handed it to him. Then he started to read from my I485 form and asking me yes/no questions and going through all of the items of the application. Then he said that I will be informed about the decision by mail and it may take up to 30 days. He emphasized that if I did not hear from him till 30 days I should do infopass and check on my application.

Even though he knew about DV cases (he mentioned that my application should be decided on before Sep 30 and he literately said DV lottery), he did not take I94 out of my passport, he did not asked for high school degree, and he did not do a lot of other tasks that I was expecting him to do!!! . I am not sure if he was TOO professional and knew what he needs or he had no clue at all and wanted to check with someone else after I left!!!

I am kind of in shock state right now and my mind is busy like hell!!! so far I do not see any change on my application online and I am kind of worried!!!!!

Anyway, Hope my experience will help someone - (take your transcript and registration confirmation with yourself)

Congrats for getting selected. So from what I see is that you are from Europe, than how come your CP is Montreal? Your CP is done in you birth country wich by looking at the case number is not Canada and you are in US already, so it's kind of confusing.

I am 2012 EU00028xxx.

I currently live in IL (US), but consular office is in Montreal. I am in US on H-1B and I do qualify for AOS.

Any suggestions?

I am almost tempted to do CP, because I am close to Montreal, and flying out there is a good excuse for a mini vacation.

From what I gather from reading the posts is that if my current date is in July, then immigration interview will most likely be in that month, AND decision will be made on that month.

Are there any posts where people applied for AOS and their processing went over Sept 30, deadline, and hence they didn't get the GC?

Congrats for getting selected. So from what I see is that you are from Europe, than how come your CP is Montreal? Your CP is done in you birth country wich by looking at the case number is not Canada and you are in US already, so it's kind of confusing.

principal applicant can do cp wherever he wants

If you are in that country, but why would you do CP in Montreal, when you are from Europe and you live in US, toally does not make sense (at least for me).

i understand your concern, but if you read closely the instruction about Dv winners procedure, it is mentioned that the winner has the choice of doing CP wherever he feels confortable. Throughout the threads there are many people from middle east who live in usa but decided not to go through AOS but instead CP in montreal (because CP is faster than AOS) although their country of birth , and they were granted DV visa without any problem.
If you live outside usa you are obliged to proceed through CP

Joseph, I' sorry to hear about you interview experience, but hopefuly everything will be good and you get your GC as soon as possible.
Hey,
I had my interview today at 10. I arrived at 9:15 and was called in by the officer at 9:30. After swearing to tell only the truth, he asked for my ID and Passport. Then he started to look into my files ( i was seeing that those were my documents that posted to Chicago).
Then he asked if I am still student and then asked for my transcript - I handed him the transcript and registration confirmation for summer and up coming fall- which he looked at them.

Then he asked for the attachment of the IL which I handed it to him. Then he started to read from my I485 form and asking me yes/no questions and going through all of the items of the application. Then he said that I will be informed about the decision by mail and it may take up to 30 days. He emphasized that if I did not hear from him till 30 days I should do infopass and check on my application.

Even though he knew about DV cases (he mentioned that my application should be decided on before Sep 30 and he literately said DV lottery), he did not take I94 out of my passport, he did not asked for high school degree, and he did not do a lot of other tasks that I was expecting him to do!!! . I am not sure if he was TOO professional and knew what he needs or he had no clue at all and wanted to check with someone else after I left!!!

I am kind of in shock state right now and my mind is busy like hell!!! so far I do not see any change on my application online and I am kind of worried!!!!!

Anyway, Hope my experience will help someone - (take your transcript and registration confirmation with yourself)

Well I have a question about doing CP anytime.. does anybody knows if one can go for CP after submitting AOS???? I m curious about it and looking for great answer :)

I wish I had known about this - would definitely have processed in Montreal!

i understand your concern, but if you read closely the instruction about Dv winners procedure, it is mentioned that the winner has the choice of doing CP wherever he feels confortable. Throughout the threads there are many people from middle east who live in usa but decided not to go through AOS but instead CP in montreal (because CP is faster than AOS) although their country of birth , and they were granted DV visa without any problem.
If you live outside usa you are obliged to proceed through CP

There is no confusion.
CP needs not be done in the birth country.

Consulate is assigned not based on your country of birth, but based on the country were you last had permanent residence OR where you indicated that you were living at the time you submitted your DV lottery entry OR where you indicated that your DV results should be mailed.

I was living in Canada at the point of applying for DV so that is why I got Montreal.

In truth, those who won DV will know this for a fact: whatever "Country where you live today) you indicated on DV application is where your CP will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joseph230,
don't be worried, you had your interview and from what i can see there was nothing that you were asked and no provide or any other close issue. I think you'll get your CPO either today or in couple of days...
Congrats...

Hey,

If you read the thread, I'm from EU and my number is very similar to yours....I did AOS since i didn't have a choice, but if you do have an option, I highly recommend CP. You see, even if you become current in June, it does not guarantee you that USCIS would not decide to put you on "extended review" and you'll need to wait 180 days.....
I might be just unlucky... but still CP looks much better!

I am 2012 EU00028xxx.

Any suggestions?

... if you read closely the instruction about Dv winners procedure, it is mentioned that the winner has the choice of doing CP wherever he feels confortable.

i don't doubt you, but could you please point me to where in the instructions does it say this that CP can be done at any post outside the US ?

Is this only true if the applicant is single? or also true if he is applying with spouse and children?

It is quite an interesting thought to apply for a visitor's visa to canada (or any desired country) after getting the appointment date from KCC, and locate a local surgeon's office there to do the medical (how much would it cost? any health insurance benefit/fees?) prior to going for interview on the actual day of the appointment..lol.

You have your interview next week and you're thinking on doing CP??? What is wrong with you my friend?
You are most likely be getting a CPA and welcome letter in two weeks from today....

Well I have a question about doing CP anytime.. does anybody knows if one can go for CP after submitting AOS???? I m curious about it and looking for great answer :)

joseph230

I think your interview experience is kind of similar to mine. Me, I felt kind of knowing I will get GC right after the interview. However, later on, when I checked my case status on line, it didn't change. That began to worry me. Until the next two days I called USCIS about my case decision. They said it was not yet made. That even worried me more.

As dv_e shared his case process, then it calmed me down and I started to feel better. And my case moved to Card/Document Production on that day that I called USCIS.

You're alright. As dv_e said some cases moved super fast (some cases could take up one to two weeks to move to CPO) and except the case approval is made during the interview, that case will move to CPO right away. I think it is just normal to feel that way when you don't know the decision of your case during the inteview.

You're ok, man. Try to relaxed! You will see your case progress, and get a welcome letter very soon.

can anyone from 2011 please indicate what all the different fees charged were for doing CP:

DV Lottery Fee: $440 (per person)
Immigrant Visa Fee:$305 (per person)
Total: $745 per person?

If the winner applied with a spouse,then total for both is $745*2 = $1490?

Which fee is payable to KCC (when) and which to the consulate directly?