• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I am so sorry, Yoni.
I dont know what can I do but I will be here for you and pray for you until the end.

OK, I've been to infopass today, this is my story...
I was called to the counter and the lady asked: " What are you here for? or What are you doing here?" I said that i came to check my status as i called the 1800 number and was suggested to schedule an infopass. She looked at the receipt and the date on it that i submitted the application (april) and said that it is now only July and still to early and I need to wait...
I mentioned that it is a DV case and is expedited because we need to finish it by September. Then I said that I have a friend that applied at the same time, lives in LA, and we got all the letters/bio about the same time except i didn't get the IL, and he already got....She cut me short almost yelling that they don't discuss other cases and that every case is different...
Then I was sure she would kick me out and send me home...she started to enter my case numbers from the receipt to the computer for maybe a minute. Then she said that my case was moved to "extended review" on June 23rd and that it can take 60 to 90 days. I was half shocked but responded by saying that for me it means that my case is pretty much dead today as 3 months from that would means after September. She said: "I didn't say so..." kind of hoping to keep me optimistic but then added that in some cases this "extended review" can take up to 180 days...
That was like pulling the knife out of my dead body and pushing it again while twisting it to "ensure death" and pouring some salt on it. When I asked what was the reason for the extended review, should would not say. She then said that i should check again in September. I said thank you and walked.
Now, in one small way I'm happy. That's because at least I know why I didn't get the IL around June and didn't get interviewed on 7/12...
Practically I'm most likely screwed as I've heard that once they give you those 60 to 90 days...they end up delaying you for 180 days to 1 year or more...
I don't think i'm delayed because of name check, etc. The only reason I think is a I485 employment based case that i filed back around 2006 that was denied in 2007. I know capeolive from last year had somewhat similar case to mine, but he made it quite fast and easy. I wonder if any of you here have his contact email or something and can share with me in a PM.
Also, does anyone ever heard "extended review" in general and in DV case in particular?

thanks...

dv_e,

Thank you and our friends very much for your sharing with me about your case. I felt so relaxed when reading your thread since early morning. Today, my case moved to CDP. I checked it on line. It a big suprise for me.

Thank you for all of our friends in this forum that have helped me walk through all questions that I encountered in this DV process. It is a long way!

And THE BEST OF LUCK to all of our friends whose case are in the process. Wish you all receive GC.

@ Yoni123,

I am so sorry to hear that. I can feel your pain. I hope things turn out to be good and fast as we would like it to be. I read your post again angain.

Thanks, Eternal - I called USCIS and they told me that there's some sort of computer problem (with USCIS) that causes certain cases not to appear on the case tracker.

Good news is she was able to see my case status, and told me that my file was transferred to the field office on Wednesday.

Xenos did you check again? Does it still say the same thing? It is quite odd if it does since you already done Bio, i suggest you call USCIS and find out what that is.

Thanks, Eternal - I called USCIS and they told me that there's some sort of computer problem (with USCIS) that causes certain cases not to appear on the case tracker.

Good news is she was able to see my case status, and told me that my file was transferred to the field office on Wednesday.
do you know your interview date yet ?

I asked the customer service representative about my interview date and she said they don't have that information. Apparently, the interview date depends/varies according to the field office and their workload, speed etc.

I asked the customer service representative about my interview date and she said they don't have that information. Apparently, the interview date depends/varies according to the field office and their workload, speed etc.

i got the same answer when i called them last tuesday afternoon

Hi Yoni,

So sorry you had to deal with that kind of situation, but do not give up, it's not Sep 30th yet.
I know that some people write to their local government officials to try and expidite things when time is of the essence. What I would suggest is consulting a reputed immigration attorney... I don't want to go into detail but Sheela Murthy basically saved my immigrant life with her advice, but she is expensive 250/- for a 20 minute consult but her advice is invaluable.

Good Luck!! You WILL get it.

OK, I've been to infopass today, this is my story...
I was called to the counter and the lady asked: " What are you here for? or What are you doing here?" I said that i came to check my status as i called the 1800 number and was suggested to schedule an infopass. She looked at the receipt and the date on it that i submitted the application (april) and said that it is now only July and still to early and I need to wait...
I mentioned that it is a DV case and is expedited because we need to finish it by September. Then I said that I have a friend that applied at the same time, lives in LA, and we got all the letters/bio about the same time except i didn't get the IL, and he already got....She cut me short almost yelling that they don't discuss other cases and that every case is different...
Then I was sure she would kick me out and send me home...she started to enter my case numbers from the receipt to the computer for maybe a minute. Then she said that my case was moved to "extended review" on June 23rd and that it can take 60 to 90 days. I was half shocked but responded by saying that for me it means that my case is pretty much dead today as 3 months from that would means after September. She said: "I didn't say so..." kind of hoping to keep me optimistic but then added that in some cases this "extended review" can take up to 180 days...
That was like pulling the knife out of my dead body and pushing it again while twisting it to "ensure death" and pouring some salt on it. When I asked what was the reason for the extended review, should would not say. She then said that i should check again in September. I said thank you and walked.
Now, in one small way I'm happy. That's because at least I know why I didn't get the IL around June and didn't get interviewed on 7/12...
Practically I'm most likely screwed as I've heard that once they give you those 60 to 90 days...they end up delaying you for 180 days to 1 year or more...
I don't think i'm delayed because of name check, etc. The only reason I think is a I485 employment based case that i filed back around 2006 that was denied in 2007. I know capeolive from last year had somewhat similar case to mine, but he made it quite fast and easy. I wonder if any of you here have his contact email or something and can share with me in a PM.
Also, does anyone ever heard "extended review" in general and in DV case in particular?

thanks...

Just curious, but does anyone know if they have ever run out of DV visas prior to Sept 30th? i.e where they've issued the 50,000 visas and it's not even Sept 30th yet?

I have the same exact question.

Just got selected for July 2012 (2012AS00039xxx) and the above question is holding from deciding whether it will be safe to do AOS (I'm already in US). If USCIS somehow delays my AOS processing (which I can't even file until case becomes current, likely next Aug 2012), my fear is they will run out of visas. :/

Do I have any hope in general with a case number this high?

That's a high case no. All I can say is what I would do in your situation..

IF you have maintained legal status in the US and can return after depature without any bars on re-entry - AND -
IF you can answer NO to all the 'Have you EVER..' questions on the I-485 (basically if you've never been deported or have any arrests etc..)

Then I would suggest you do CP instead of AOS. It's much faster for higher case numbers and the probability of running out of time is less.

I have the same exact question.

Just got selected for July 2012 (2012AS00039xxx) and the above question is holding from deciding whether it will be safe to do AOS (I'm already in US). If USCIS somehow delays my AOS processing (which I can't even file until case becomes current, likely next Aug 2012), my fear is they will run out of visas. :/

Do I have any hope in general with a case number this high?

I agree 100% with ssj1.
As i experience myself, having a number that as a fact was pretty good (so far all current in June were approved/getting their GC in the mail...), is not enough.
USCIS can delay you for whatever reason... doing CP in such case would almost guarantee an interview in the consulate at the month that you're current. Theoretically, this year as all regions become current as of August/September i see no reason why everybody would be approved. Assuming CP...
I think the key is to see the VB of next month. There is a slim chance that they could retrogress or remove certain regions from being current. I know it is showing current for advanced notification for September. But I still wonder if they can, for example, decide the they have enough people from a country and specify it as not available.
This year Uzbekistan in July was 28200...but in August become unavailable. Say you are from Uzbekistan with EU 29000. You got kicked out even though EU went 33,000 and then even "current".
But still i wonder if you ever seen a case in the past where the info in Advanced notification was changed in the following month....
If not, it means you are almost guaranteed to get GC assuming you get your interview before Sep. 30th...

That's a high case no. All I can say is what I would do in your situation..

IF you have maintained legal status in the US and can return after depature without any bars on re-entry - AND -
IF you can answer NO to all the 'Have you EVER..' questions on the I-485 (basically if you've never been deported or have any arrests etc..)

Then I would suggest you do CP instead of AOS. It's much faster for higher case numbers and the probability of running out of time is less.

I just got my Welcome Letter ! :) Also, I had a massage on email that USCIS just sent my green card. I didn't know that they also provide us with this info. Now I know that it should be in couple of days in my arms. :) Thanks to everybody in this forum and God bless all of you. :)

I just received my welcome letter today.

Thanks once again to all of our friends in this forum to help me walk through all the questions!

Xenos, would you like to share where is your FO coz mine is in Fairfax VA. I hope u will be getting ur IL letter by this week.

I wonder usually what is written in IL especially for F1 status. what are the documents they state to bring with us. Please, share what was written in your IL if you could? :=)