• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this message when I try to check my case status?

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

Yoni, fingerprint check that FBI returns within 24 hr-48 hr (generally) is different than the name check, I think

There are three kinds of name check: FBI fingerprint, FBI name check, and IBIS Check. In the first two, the name usually cleared in couple days, but the one that causing all the delays is IBIS name check.

As when the USCIS initiate the name check? I think it's after they take your fingerprint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Yoni. I called this number. They told me it's for Fingerprint Check. It was done and sent back to USCIS on 04/25/11. I don't think we can check the status of Name Check by calling them. See the last question in this page:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/name-checks/name-checks-faqs

Who can I call to check on the status of my name check?

The FBI will only respond to status inquiries from its customer agencies. Please contact the organization receiving your original application. In citizenship and immigration cases, please contact the USCIS for the status.

EternalHope,
my name is NOT John Brown, Jack smith, and not middle eastern name either.
But still maybe there is a criminal with same name as me...and they are investigating this right now...
Who is in charge of the name check? is it the FBI, department of justice, USCIS itself?
Do you think they start with the name check when they receive the app since they get your name ? or do the only start it after the BIO?
You know the phone number that you can call after the BIO, 304-625-5590 to check?
I found the following piece from Capeolive, a great member of the AOS2010 forum of last year. As he suggests, this is to check the "name check"?
I did that 1 week after my BIO, and i was told it was return to USCIS next day with no record...
What do you think?
The piece is below:
================================================================
Those wanting to know if their name check cleared:
1. Call FBI National Name Check Customer Service @ 304-625-5590.
2. Select option 2 (for individual), then option 2 (Name Check for Immigration Status), then it will give you brief internet details and then it will provide you with the option to repeat the options, go back to main menu or speak with a rep., select speak with a rep. and wait to be connected.
3. NOTE: THEY ARE NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR NAME CHECK STATUS, THEY WILL ONLY TELL YOU WHEN IT WAS RECEIVED FROM USCIS AND WHEN (IF) IT WAS RETURNED TO USCIS.
4. Be very polite, don't push if you can't get an answer and try another time. Give your name (as a courtesy) and say you want to check the status of your finger print. They will ask you when you submitted the request. Tell them that it is for Green Card. They will then ask you for your A# (the one on your NOAs). They will only tell you when it was received and when it was returned (possibly cleared as any issues with name check can take weeks/months before it is returned to USCIS with "No Record" result).

This info is only to help those who are curious to know if their name check cleared. Good Luck!
===============================================================

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this message when I try to check my case status?

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

Xenos did you check again? Does it still say the same thing? It is quite odd if it does since you already done Bio, i suggest you call USCIS and find out what that is.

2011AS000005XX

We came to USA under J1/J2 visa in 08/2010. My wife(J2) is the winner. Our CP interview was scheduled for 01/03/2011. We corresponded the US consulate and KCC and converted our CP case to AOS. This is our timeline.

01/25/11 Application for J1 waiver based on NO OBJECTION STATEMENT
03/18/11 J1 waiver received
03/22/11 Medicals done
03/25/11 DOS DV lottery fee
04/28/11 AOS package sent
05/04/11 checks cashed
05/11/11 NOA
06/15/11 Bio for 07/05/11
06/22/11 Interview letter for 06/28/11
06/28/11 Interview done
07/05/11 Biometrics done
07/13/11 CPO

Since we were discussing the name check issue, based on this case, it took 7 days to go through all 3 checks (IBIS, Fingerprinting, name check)....

2011AS000005XX

We came to USA under J1/J2 visa in 08/2010. My wife(J2) is the winner. Our CP interview was scheduled for 01/03/2011. We corresponded the US consulate and KCC and converted our CP case to AOS. This is our timeline.

01/25/11 Application for J1 waiver based on NO OBJECTION STATEMENT
03/18/11 J1 waiver received
03/22/11 Medicals done
03/25/11 DOS DV lottery fee
04/28/11 AOS package sent
05/04/11 checks cashed
05/11/11 NOA
06/15/11 Bio for 07/05/11
06/22/11 Interview letter for 06/28/11
06/28/11 Interview done
07/05/11 Biometrics done
07/13/11 CPO

DV 2012 Results Out

The status check just became available for DV 2012. We should consider ourselves lucky 2011 was relatively smooth as far as notification.

I just received the interview letter!!! I think they are busy and they send out ILs in the last day of normal processing period (4 month)!

I just received the interview letter!!! I think they are busy and they send out ILs in the last day of normal processing period (4 month)!
Hey congrats, that must be a relief, but if they are sending out in the last day of normal processing, then its over for me.

EternalHope, Please relaxxxxxxxx. you making me nervous...... We all going to make it.

Congrat to enfl and I think its Yoni123 turn now.

You're not on the spreadsheet right?
I see that you file was transfered from KCC...which means the delay, if there was one, was at your FO. What is your FO?
In any case, it is great news for you, you should be very happy in about3 weeks....

OK, I've been to infopass today, this is my story...
I was called to the counter and the lady asked: " What are you here for? or What are you doing here?" I said that i came to check my status as i called the 1800 number and was suggested to schedule an infopass. She looked at the receipt and the date on it that i submitted the application (april) and said that it is now only July and still to early and I need to wait...
I mentioned that it is a DV case and is expedited because we need to finish it by September. Then I said that I have a friend that applied at the same time, lives in LA, and we got all the letters/bio about the same time except i didn't get the IL, and he already got....She cut me short almost yelling that they don't discuss other cases and that every case is different...
Then I was sure she would kick me out and send me home...she started to enter my case numbers from the receipt to the computer for maybe a minute. Then she said that my case was moved to "extended review" on June 23rd and that it can take 60 to 90 days. I was half shocked but responded by saying that for me it means that my case is pretty much dead today as 3 months from that would means after September. She said: "I didn't say so..." kind of hoping to keep me optimistic but then added that in some cases this "extended review" can take up to 180 days...
That was like pulling the knife out of my dead body and pushing it again while twisting it to "ensure death" and pouring some salt on it. When I asked what was the reason for the extended review, should would not say. She then said that i should check again in September. I said thank you and walked.
Now, in one small way I'm happy. That's because at least I know why I didn't get the IL around June and didn't get interviewed on 7/12...
Practically I'm most likely screwed as I've heard that once they give you those 60 to 90 days...they end up delaying you for 180 days to 1 year or more...
I don't think i'm delayed because of name check, etc. The only reason I think is a I485 employment based case that i filed back around 2006 that was denied in 2007. I know capeolive from last year had somewhat similar case to mine, but he made it quite fast and easy. I wonder if any of you here have his contact email or something and can share with me in a PM.
Also, does anyone ever heard "extended review" in general and in DV case in particular?

thanks...

Some information i found about Extended review, and it sounds scary. Especially that we DV cases have a deadline.

What is an "Extended Review?"

When people call service centers directly (see how here), they are sometimes told that their cases are under "extended review" or "additional review." We have not been able to obtain a clear definition from the USCIS regarding exactly what constitute an extended review, but here are three theories:

1. "Extended review" means "under review." It is a term loosely used by some representatives and could be anything, security checks, officer review, or in another word, just normal processing.

2. "Extended review" means "final review." It is referring to the final stage of the processing after security checks have been cleared and the case is ready to be adjudicated.

3. "Extended review" means "external review." It means USCIS is awaiting information from another government agency.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/f...886-extended-review-whatt-does-that-mean.html

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/f...and-visa-bulletins/20662-extended-review.html

Reading those two links, it appears that security checks is the most likely scenario.

OK, I've been to infopass today, this is my story...
I was called to the counter and the lady asked: " What are you here for? or What are you doing here?" I said that i came to check my status as i called the 1800 number and was suggested to schedule an infopass. She looked at the receipt and the date on it that i submitted the application (april) and said that it is now only July and still to early and I need to wait...
I mentioned that it is a DV case and is expedited because we need to finish it by September. Then I said that I have a friend that applied at the same time, lives in LA, and we got all the letters/bio about the same time except i didn't get the IL, and he already got....She cut me short almost yelling that they don't discuss other cases and that every case is different...
Then I was sure she would kick me out and send me home...she started to enter my case numbers from the receipt to the computer for maybe a minute. Then she said that my case was moved to "extended review" on June 23rd and that it can take 60 to 90 days. I was half shocked but responded by saying that for me it means that my case is pretty much dead today as 3 months from that would means after September. She said: "I didn't say so..." kind of hoping to keep me optimistic but then added that in some cases this "extended review" can take up to 180 days...
That was like pulling the knife out of my dead body and pushing it again while twisting it to "ensure death" and pouring some salt on it. When I asked what was the reason for the extended review, should would not say. She then said that i should check again in September. I said thank you and walked.
Now, in one small way I'm happy. That's because at least I know why I didn't get the IL around June and didn't get interviewed on 7/12...
Practically I'm most likely screwed as I've heard that once they give you those 60 to 90 days...they end up delaying you for 180 days to 1 year or more...
I don't think i'm delayed because of name check, etc. The only reason I think is a I485 employment based case that i filed back around 2006 that was denied in 2007. I know capeolive from last year had somewhat similar case to mine, but he made it quite fast and easy. I wonder if any of you here have his contact email or something and can share with me in a PM.
Also, does anyone ever heard "extended review" in general and in DV case in particular?

thanks...

Sorry to hear that Yone123 but don't lose hope you still got time.

these two links are in this forums but they are not DV cases and both were sujected to extended review.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?247358-Extended-Review-for-I-485

http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/uscis-security-check.php