• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Karen,

Congratulations!

I have questions for you guys. My interview today went too quickly about 3 minutes. The IO did even ask me to sign the second part of DS 230, she just asked me to take an oath, and asked me my name, DOB, POB, my parents' names and few yes, no questions. She said my file seemed to be complete. If she needed any things she would send me letter this evening. She mentioned that visa is available for my case, she said she checked it already. She DIDN'T ask for my passports, I-94, or anyhting else. I don't know what to say now. Just like went chichated and came back. At the end she kept asking me if I have any quesstions. I said I didn't seem to have any questions.

I came home and checked my case it still says can't be found.

For AOS, they dont ask you to sign DS 230, that is only for CP.

Karen,

Congratulations!

I have questions for you guys. My interview today went too quickly about 3 minutes. The IO did even ask me to sign the second part of DS 230, she just asked me to take an oath, and asked me my name, DOB, POB, my parents' names and few yes, no questions. She said my file seemed to be complete. If she needed any things she would send me letter this evening. She mentioned that visa is available for my case, she said she checked it already. She DIDN'T ask for my passports, I-94, or anyhting else. I don't know what to say now. Just like went chichated and came back. At the end she kept asking me if I have any quesstions. I said I didn't seem to have any questions.

I came home and checked my case it still says can't be found.

ssj and EternalHope,
From the table, it suggests that the numbers are from overseas (foreign service posts) and do not include AOS...(the process we do here)
Granted the AOS compared to CP is like 1000 to 49,000 still can push some of the numbers in the table close to 50,000...
I think that during 2004, 2005, areas like EU stopped progressing at very low numbers like 20,000....and never got to "current"
Even 2010 looks very close to 50,000...
In addition, the fact that they didn't reach 50,000 does not mean that the process was going all the way to September 30th...maybe some got denied ahead of that day..

Thanks Yoni123,
That’s just what we, Selectee with high case number, needs…….Scary thoughts.
Congratulation Karen and we hope to hear good news about your case yoni.
By the way, when does the name check process starts after the Bio or before?
That’ what really scares me, the name check? Since I am Lebanese I am afraid that it’s going to take an extra time to check my name.

Interview experience

My time to pay all you guys back.First, thanks to YOni, Karen and everybody for help and support. MY interview was schedule at 1:30 pm LA office. I came at 12:30 and waited till 14:20. I had the same kind, nice lady officer as Karen. She asked me PP, ID, DL, High School Diploma, EAD, SS, I-20, birth certificateand first I-797C. Asked if I'm still studying. I said Yes. I didn't mention that also i started to work, cause she didn't asked. She asked all questions from I-485 and couple from YEs/no. She asked what I' planning to do after and I said i would like to go to Santa - Monica college. She didn't asked I-134, didn't asked my bank statements. She said I will approve you case if the system is ok, and she started to do something on internet. After she took my I-94, gave me approval letter and congratulated me. I thank her for professional job, she said if you want thank me, write a letter to my boss, and I said "Sure with all my pleasure". She was really nice and kind. She said that if I won't receive anything till the end of this month it's better to make an INFOPASS.
Right now I check my case in USCIS and it's says that my case changed but only to - Post Decision Activity, i didn't change to the CPO. Do you think it's bad? Why it didn't change to CPO?

Good news to you too.
For some people they get straight to PDA and skip the CPO status. It doesn't matter. You got the GC in production and you are all set and done.
You don't need the EAD card no more...you have GC....
Congrats again.
Stay in the forum to see the drama of the last 2.5 months....

My time to pay all you guys back.First, thanks to YOni, Karen and everybody for help and support. MY interview was schedule at 1:30 pm LA office. I came at 12:30 and waited till 14:20. I had the same kind, nice lady officer as Karen. She asked me PP, ID, DL, High School Diploma, EAD, SS, I-20, birth certificateand first I-797C. Asked if I'm still studying. I said Yes. I didn't mention that also i started to work, cause she didn't asked. She asked all questions from I-485 and couple from YEs/no. She asked what I' planning to do after and I said i would like to go to Santa - Monica college. She didn't asked I-134, didn't asked my bank statements. She said I will approve you case if the system is ok, and she started to do something on internet. After she took my I-94, gave me approval letter and congratulated me. I thank her for professional job, she said if you want thank me, write a letter to my boss, and I said "Sure with all my pleasure". She was really nice and kind. She said that if I won't receive anything till the end of this month it's better to make an INFOPASS.
Right now I check my case in USCIS and it's says that my case changed but only to - Post Decision Activity, i didn't change to the CPO. Do you think it's bad? Why it didn't change to CPO?

Do I violate the non-immigrant status if one company filed labor and i-765 for me? acually, the employer filed the forms and paid by his check for the process.
My interview letter says Bring your passport, photo ID and the supporting documents that you have not violated your non-immigrant status. I came here in F1 status and still in it and haven't got any EAD or OPT neither I have worked illegally.
Case NO: AS33XXX
Interview on July 28

yastin, welcome to the forum.
So we can help you better, can you add a signature with your details and also add them to the spreadsheet at:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...Zoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Now, what do you mean by "your employer filed labor ?" I assume that by I-765 is that you have applied for it concurrent with the I-485 based on the DV. Is that correct?
If so, you are allowed to do that. Since you're in F1, you can prove their question by showing all I-20 with latest to be current. If you have not worked with no authorization you are all set.

Do I violate the non-immigrant status if one company filed labor and i-765 for me? acually, the employer filed the forms and paid by his check for the process.
My interview letter says Bring your passport, photo ID and the supporting documents that you have not violated your non-immigrant status. I came here in F1 status and still in it and haven't got any EAD or OPT neither I have worked illegally.
Interview on July 28

Strange question Yatsin; in order for the company to file i-765 for you're implying they already filed an I-485 for you. Is that correct? In which case you should consult a lawyer if you have 2 concurrent I-485 applications (one through an employer and the other through DV). Extensive delays can result if the USCIS gets confused, which happens very often in these cases.

Interview on July 28

Just updating...I mailed the pacakge today. UPS overnight....is it about 10 days untill i get an email and sms of acceptance???

Thanks for your messages Yoni. Just an updated my EAD was approved yesterday, the website says that I should expect to get it in 30 days. I had another question actually. I am graduating in August, do you think I should also apply for OPT? How long is this EAD valid?

Thank you both, Yoni and SSJ1, I have labor certificate approved which was filed by a restaurant owner in 2008 dec, then after the approval of I-140 the petition form I-765 was filed by the store and paid by the owner in 2010. Eventually, I got DV lottery and have been through the process and in my DV interview letter sent by Fairfax Va office states " Bring your passport, photo ID. Evidence that you have not violated your non-immigrant status" I wonder if someone filed a petition(labor and 765) for me is that a violation of my status or just it is about the my sevis and I-20s. I have an interview date for July 28.

Hi everybody,

Have anyone been asked to submit an additional evidence (I-134) during the interview?
I've done my interview on 6/14 at San Jose, and the officer gave me a notice and gave me until 7/14 to submit my I-134.
I've sent the I-134 package by USPS Priority Mail on 6/27, and by Track & Confirm, shows that it has arrived on 6/28.
However, as of this moment, I still didn't get any reply from them and case status check on uscis.gov indicates the case is in "Initial Review".
I've made an infopass appointment and visited the office on 7/6, but they just told me that there is nothing they could do.

Did anyone been through this? How long does it take to process? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been two days after interview day and still nothing changes in the case progress. I check it every time. Is it a bad sign? IO didn't tell me if my case approved or not during the interview. Didn't ask for anything.

my case moved to CPO almost 2 weeks past interview, they did have my file from KKC, so some cases do not move super fast.
It has been two days after interview day and still nothing changes in the case progress. I check it every time. Is it a bad sign? IO didn't tell me if my case approved or not during the interview. Didn't ask for anything.

There's is something missing for me....I don't think "your employer" could file I-765 for you just because a LC was filed and approved...The only thing "the employer" can file for you is the LC and I-140. Then after approval of the I-140, YOU, "the applicant" files I-485...and a I-765 for EAD either concurrent with the I-485 or after I-485 was filed. (If you were current, you could have also filed the I-485 concurrent with the I-140) So please correct me if I'm wrong, but a form I-485 was also filed by/for you....
I don't think it matters who wrote the check for the filing fees...
I think that if you were under F visa, filing I-485 shows an intent to immigrate but technically you didn't violate anything if you still hold a valid F visa and valid I-20 and never violated that by working without permit, etc...
Like others have said, you can have more than one pending I-485 but it will delay the DV I-485 as the USCIS has to gather all the files together and in many cases the employment bases adjustments are held at different offices. In some cases they don't even get to local field offices at any stage...
You might be better off to withdraw the employment bases I-485...maybe.

Thank you both, Yoni and SSJ1, I have labor certificate approved which was filed by a restaurant owner in 2008 dec, then after the approval of I-140 the petition form I-765 was filed by the store and paid by the owner in 2010. Eventually, I got DV lottery and have been through the process and in my DV interview letter sent by Fairfax Va office states " Bring your passport, photo ID. Evidence that you have not violated your non-immigrant status" I wonder if someone filed a petition(labor and 765) for me is that a violation of my status or just it is about the my sevis and I-20s. I have an interview date for July 28.