• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Having an interview tmr, good luck to me and everyone has the interview.
Especially Yoni, hope you get your IL anytime SOON.

Good luck in your interview karen127.
I keep my fingers crossed for you that you will post tomorrow here your successful experience in the interview and get a CPO status change.

Having an interview tmr, good luck to me and everyone has the interview.
Especially Yoni, hope you get your IL anytime SOON.

August visa bulletin is just out now as of 10am EST

..... September cut off indicates All categories and countries are current except Ethiopia and Uzbekistan....

Iam CURRENT after 15 months of waiting.......iam off to UPS to send my package....Wish me luck my friends wish me luck...I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL

as44xxx - that is GREAT news!!! I share your joy as I'm sure we all do on this thread. Can you send me the link to where you are seeing this?

The website I am looking at does not show August. Thanks!

August visa bulletin is just out now as of 10am EST

..... September cut off indicates All categories and countries are current except Ethiopia and Uzbekistan....

Iam CURRENT after 15 months of waiting.......iam off to UPS to send my package....Wish me luck my friends wish me luck...I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL

Having an interview today, Good luck to me and Karen as well, who has before me. Also good luck Yoni and all people who is still waiting :) God bless us all! :)

Hi all,

Yes, I got my CPO today. yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy lol
My interview was at 7:45am. I was afraid to be late, so I left home at 5:30 and got there at 6:10.
I parked my car in the parking lot close by the USCIS building and rested in my car till like 7:05, when I started waiting in the line to go inside the
building, go through security and all that. I went to the office and a security guard asked me to wait in a room (lots of people were over there waiting as well).
In about 20 mins, I was called in by a very nice lady who took me to her office.
First, I swore that everything I say will be the truth. Then she asked for my passport, EAD card, I-20s, Driving license, social security card, high school certificate, birth certificate, etc. ( She did not ask for I-134 form)
She asked me some basic questions, went through the I-485 yes/no questions (only asked me about 8 questions from it). Later on she took my stuff, walked out the room and came back in 20 mins.We chatted a little bit and double checked my info and she took out my I-94 and said " I will approve your case today"
(OMG, I was so happy and had tears in my eyes)
She gave me a letter that shows that I got approved and will get my PRC(green card) in 30 days.

It was a nice experience and I am so excited!
Finally, I want to thank all the people who contributed on this forum (especially Yoni and feel). Trust me, it helped me out A LOT.
Good luck to all of you!! Thank you all!!

(Yoni, I asked about the IO for you; she suggested you to do the infopass and go straight to talk to them)

congrats, totally know the feeling when they aprove you on the spot. the card should arive shortly.

Hi all,

My interview was at 7:45am. I was afraid to be late, so I left home at 5:30 and got there at 6:10.
I parked my car in the parking lot close by the USCIS building and rested in my car till like 7:05, when I started waiting in the line to go inside the
building, go through security and all that. I went to the office and a security guard asked me to wait in a room (lots of people were over there waiting as well).
In about 20 mins, I was called in by a very nice lady who took me to her office.
First, I swore that everything I say will be the truth. Then she asked for my passport, EAD card, I-20s, Driving license, social security card, high school certificate, birth certificate, etc. ( She did not ask for I-134 form)
She asked me some basic questions, went through the I-485 yes/no questions (only asked me about 8 questions from it). Later on she took my stuff, walked out the room and came back in 20 mins.We chatted a little bit and double checked my info and she took out my I-94 and said " I will approve your case today"
She gave me a letter that shows that I got approved and will get my PRC(green card) in 30 days.

Finally, I want to thank all the people who contributed on this forum (especially Yoni and feel). Trust me, it helped me out A LOT.

(Yoni, I asked about the IO for you; she suggested you to do the infopass and go straight to talk to them)

DV Visa Availability

Just curious, but does anyone know if they have ever run out of DV visas prior to Sept 30th? i.e where they've issued the 50,000 visas and it's not even Sept 30th yet?

i asked the exact same thing a while back, but no one responded, i did some research and only found one place where they said in 2008 they gave out around 44,000 GC including AOS, so base on that and looking at the visa bulletin from 08 it appears there are plenty of visas to spare each year.

Congratulations :) I am really happy for you. I was feeling the joy while reading your experience.
I have my interview in one week. I hope mine also be as smooth as yours.

Hi all,

Congrats Karen127,
I'm really happy for you. I'm glad all the prep work and the forum have helped you to be ready and not miss a thing. I knew you'll get good news especially since your KCC file was transfered...
This forum is a great tool to everybody to get information and to provide info to others while learning from each other.

Hi all,

ssj and EternalHope,
From the table, it suggests that the numbers are from overseas (foreign service posts) and do not include AOS...(the process we do here)
Granted the AOS compared to CP is like 1000 to 49,000 still can push some of the numbers in the table close to 50,000...
I think that during 2004, 2005, areas like EU stopped progressing at very low numbers like 20,000....and never got to "current"
Even 2010 looks very close to 50,000...
In addition, the fact that they didn't reach 50,000 does not mean that the process was going all the way to September 30th...maybe some got denied ahead of that day..

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/MultiYearTableI.pdf

Actually there you go, no year did they give out 50,000 visas

True - it wouldn't be for lack of visa numbers. But Yoni has a good point, if 49,000 visas were processed at Embassies and approx 1,000 or more AOS, then it's entirely possible that they hit the 50,000 ceiling last year. Scary thought

I think we're all ok about the visa availability.
From the USCIS and DOS website

U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin

The U.S. Department of State publishes a monthly report of visa availability referred to as the “Visa Bulletin.” The monthly Visa Bulletin serves as a guide for issuing visas at U.S. consulates and embassies. USCIS also uses this guide to determine whether a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, may be accepted or adjudicated, because a visa must be available both at the time a person files Form I-485 and at the time of the final decision on the application.

When Visa Numbers Are Available

If demand is less than supply in a given preference visa category and country of birth (“or country of visa chargeability”), then immigrant visas are current. Visas are available when the chart designation is “C” for current.

This means that immigrant visa numbers are available for all qualified overseas applicants and adjustment applicants in that particular visa preference category and country of birth.

Seeing that the bulletin board is Current for all regions except ethiopia, and I believe that the DOS does take into account and know the amount of applicants for both oversea applicants and adjustment applicants because we sent the docs to KCC, they set up the visa bulletin in a way so that anyone that applied will get their chance, browsing through the previous adjustment threads on the board, i have not come across a single post stating that they weren't able to receive a GC because of lack of visas. So if there werent anymore visas available, the visa bulletin would not have shown current but rather another cut-off number. I hope this makes everyone feel better about visa availability, but the other obstacles of USCIS processing time and FBI name checks are still there to deter you from getting a green card.