• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Yoni123 and Kambo, thank you for the support. Now I feel much better :) . I hope your prediction come true and soon I share the good news here with you all.
Wish the best for you guys

For CP fees, you should contact consular office in your country. Fees are bit cheaper than doing AOS I think.

can anyone from 2011 please indicate what all the different fees charged were for doing CP:

DV Lottery Fee: $440 (per person)
Immigrant Visa Fee:$305 (per person)
Total: $745 per person?

If the winner applied with a spouse,then total for both is $745*2 = $1490?

Which fee is payable to KCC (when) and which to the consulate directly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody here know about a contact to FBI name check (not fingerprinting). Phone/fax or mailing address.
I'm trying to find out if my delay is a name check or actually an internal USCIS issue?
During my infopass, the officer didn't want to elaborate on the cause/reason of delay.

Yoni: there is no way to check name check status, the only way is to go to INFOPASS, you got a rude IO last time, try again, see if you can get a nice one that will give you more detail.

Ok guys i have a a strange encounter to share:

1PM I called KCC today...and this is what happened:

KCC perosn:Name, DOB, case
Me: Gave him all info
KCC Person: How can I help you?
Me: Is there any update on my case?
KCC Person: Your number is current and you will receive an interview letter when we send one soon.
Me: But i am in the US already and i should be doing AOS. Shouldnt I be sending documents out or should i Wait for your letter or what?
KCC person: Please hold

Few minutes and KCC person is back

KCC Person: Sir, you need to contact your local office and request an interview.
Me: Should I call or should i go there?
KCC Person: You should go there, and in the meantime please call us back tomorrow because we are working on your file and we will have an update for your file so please call us back tomorrow.
Me: OK i will call back tomorrow. Thank you.

Now I am confused as i Dont know whats going on. I have checked my address with them a million time and its correct so they know iam doing AOS and also i paid the DOS fee back in December....

5:45 PM I got an email notifying me that my AOS was accepted at the lock box!!!!!!

I will keep you guys updated tomorrow.

rude is an understatement! The first thing she said to me was "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR?"
To be honest with you, I saw her face from distance and I knew I would get such response...
I'll schedule another infopass today. It "only" costs me 1 hour back an forth drive, $8 parking...

Yoni: there is no way to check name check status, the only way is to go to INFOPASS, you got a rude IO last time, try again, see if you can get a nice one that will give you more detail.

When i called and talked to KCC about my case, they also told me that i need to contact USCIS and REQUEST an interview....
When i mentioned that to the officer at the infopass, if she had a gun, should would probably shoot me at that moment. Almost yelling : NO!, you can't request an interview!..."

Ok guys i have a a strange encounter to share:

1PM I called KCC today...and this is what happened:

KCC perosn:Name, DOB, case
Me: Gave him all info
KCC Person: How can I help you?
Me: Is there any update on my case?
KCC Person: Your number is current and you will receive an interview letter when we send one soon.
Me: But i am in the US already and i should be doing AOS. Shouldnt I be sending documents out or should i Wait for your letter or what?
KCC person: Please hold

Few minutes and KCC person is back

KCC Person: Sir, you need to contact your local office and request an interview.
Me: Should I call or should i go there?
KCC Person: You should go there, and in the meantime please call us back tomorrow because we are working on your file and we will have an update for your file so please call us back tomorrow.
Me: OK i will call back tomorrow. Thank you.

Now I am confused as i Dont know whats going on. I have checked my address with them a million time and its correct so they know iam doing AOS and also i paid the DOS fee back in December....

5:45 PM I got an email notifying me that my AOS was accepted at the lock box!!!!!!

I will keep you guys updated tomorrow.

Hi,
I am a winner of DV-2012 and I was advised to fill DSP 122 and DS-230 part I and II for me and my husband and mail those forms to KCC. I was bit confused with the "Name and address of Petitioner on DS230 Part 2". Should i write my own details? like my full name and Address on the Name and address of Petitioner on DS230 Part 2? Since I am the winner.
Or write someone who is currently resides in US who knows me?

Does anybody here know about a contact to FBI name check (not fingerprinting). Phone/fax or mailing address.
I'm trying to find out if my delay is a name check or actually an internal USCIS issue?
During my infopass, the officer didn't want to elaborate on the cause/reason of delay.

Hey Yoni123,

I thought below info may help you with your case on how to contact FBI name check.

The answer is in this post from Izzy:

FYI: Name Check Status after Biometrics

FYI:

Those wanting to know if their name check cleared:
1. Call FBI National Name Check Customer Service @ 304-625-5590.
2. Select option 2 (for individual), then option 2 (Name Check for Immigration Status), then it will give you brief internet details and then it will provide you with the option to repeat the options, go back to main menu or speak with a rep., select speak with a rep. and wait to be connected.
3. NOTE: THEY ARE NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR NAME CHECK STATUS, THEY WILL ONLY TELL YOU WHEN IT WAS RECEIVED FROM USCIS AND WHEN (IF) IT WAS RETURNED TO USCIS.
4. Be very polite, don't push if you can't get an answer and try another time. Give your name (as a courtesy) and say you want to check the status of your finger print. They will ask you when you submitted the request. Tell them that it is for Green Card. They will then ask you for your A# (the one on your NOAs). They will only tell you when it was received and when it was returned (possibly cleared as any issues with name check can take weeks/months before it is returned to USCIS with "No Record" result).

This info is only to help those who are curious to know if their name check cleared. Good Luck!

Thanks kambo,
But I think this is fingerprinting and not name check. I actually called this number 1 week after my bio and was told that my results were returned back to USCIS the next day i think.

Hey Yoni123,

I thought below info may help you with your case on how to contact FBI name check.

The answer is in this post from Izzy:

FYI: Name Check Status after Biometrics

FYI:

Those wanting to know if their name check cleared:
1. Call FBI National Name Check Customer Service @ 304-625-5590.
2. Select option 2 (for individual), then option 2 (Name Check for Immigration Status), then it will give you brief internet details and then it will provide you with the option to repeat the options, go back to main menu or speak with a rep., select speak with a rep. and wait to be connected.
3. NOTE: THEY ARE NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR NAME CHECK STATUS, THEY WILL ONLY TELL YOU WHEN IT WAS RECEIVED FROM USCIS AND WHEN (IF) IT WAS RETURNED TO USCIS.
4. Be very polite, don't push if you can't get an answer and try another time. Give your name (as a courtesy) and say you want to check the status of your finger print. They will ask you when you submitted the request. Tell them that it is for Green Card. They will then ask you for your A# (the one on your NOAs). They will only tell you when it was received and when it was returned (possibly cleared as any issues with name check can take weeks/months before it is returned to USCIS with "No Record" result).

This info is only to help those who are curious to know if their name check cleared. Good Luck!

Same here I just called that number and They told me that my results were returned to USCIS the same day (06/23/11). So I think it's only the fingerprint, not the name check.

Thanks kambo,
But I think this is fingerprinting and not name check. I actually called this number 1 week after my bio and was told that my results were returned back to USCIS the next day i think.

I just got my GC!! woohoo~~~

Once again, thanks everyone who has contributed on this forum. THANK YOU ALL!!!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sara, Cybor, and Feed34
Looks like you were due to get your IL and interviews too.
I haven't seen your comments lately so it maybe that you have not visited the forum lately. But if you do follow, are you doing something in checking about the status of your cases? What are you doing about it?

Sara, Cybor, and Feed34
Looks like you were due to get your IL and interviews too.
I haven't seen your comments lately so it maybe that you have not visited the forum lately. But if you do follow, are you doing something in checking about the status of your cases? What are you doing about it?

Yoni123, I couldn't find any number for the FBI name check, but I was checking this website and they suggested to write to the Section Chief of FBI Name Check Program
You can also try sending a letter to Mr. Cannon if you have a compelling case:
Mr. Michael A. Cannon
Section Chief
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division, FBI
935 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20535

that's the link:
http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/contact-uscis-fbi-to-check-case-status.php

Hey Thanks hilalff,
I found that too couple days ago. I wonder if he will ever respond to me...email is so easy to delete and there's no proof that it was ever received....
Right now my problem is that I'm not even sure if the cause of my delay is a name check...it maybe something else.
I'll try to suck that info in my next infopass, I think I due of some luck in getting a nice officer at the counter that will be willing to give me the reason for my "extended review"....

Yoni123, I couldn't find any number for the FBI name check, but I was checking this website and they suggested to write to the Section Chief of FBI Name Check Program
You can also try sending a letter to Mr. Cannon if you have a compelling case:
Mr. Michael A. Cannon
Section Chief
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division, FBI
935 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20535

that's the link:
http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/contact-uscis-fbi-to-check-case-status.php

Dear all,
I received a denial decision today due to the early-filing and I am about to re-apply. Do you think that I need to do the medical exam again. Can I send my new package without the medical report? As I did it lately and submitted with my previous application.

Any input appreciated,

Best

Yoni, try to contact the USCIS ombudsman, send an email explain your situation and that we as DV selectee we have a till september. Also explain that you tried the infopass without any result.
Good luck in getting nice Officer this time.
ma