• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Dear all,
I received a denial decision today due to the early-filing and I am about to re-apply. Do you think that I need to do the medical exam again. Can I send my new package without the medical report? As I did it lately and submitted with my previous application.

Any input appreciated,

Best

Better be on the safe side and send your medical report again.

chance1, you got to have your medical report in a sealed envelope. FYI. But I think it is valid for a year.

hilalff, feel, thank you for your quick response. what about the bio fee? should I include it in my payment? it's not because the money, my concern is by paying for the bio they will send me bio letter again and i have to do the process of the finger-printing again(I did it once on Jun 24th). And the medical exam is time consuming as well.

thanks my friend.
I already (2 days ago) sent a letter to the ombudsman both email and regular certified mail.
In fact today i found a piece on the web that is an official USCIS memorandum regarding what types of cases/application allow for expedite processing and specially expedite processing on name checks. And guess what, DV lottery is one of the 4 reasons !!!
They actually state that, and it is in a connection to WOM law suit filing that generally USCIS will not expedite things except those four reasons....

http://www.cyrusmehta.com/related/Ayetes_Memo_on_Name_Checks.pdf
(page 6 point (2) )
Yoni, try to contact the USCIS ombudsman, send an email explain your situation and that we as DV selectee we have a till september. Also explain that you tried the infopass without any result.
Good luck in getting nice Officer this time.
ma

Check what Summet did last year. I think you better be on the safe side by sending the bio fee as well although they might not call you for one....

hilalff, feel, thank you for your quick response. what about the bio fee? should I include it in my payment? it's not because the money, my concern is by paying for the bio they will send me bio letter again and i have to do the process of the finger-printing again(I did it once on Jun 24th). And the medical exam is time consuming as well.

Hello guys I have a quick question,

When you check your case status on USCIS what different stages appear for you?

chance1,
you really took a chance (risk) and applied little early. I double checked the July VB that was published June 8th, had advanced notification for August of AS 39,750. That assume they only "opened your app after June 8th...
Officially, your pkg arrived June 2nd so they even used June's VB (published in April) that had advanced notification 33,775 for July. In both cases you sent too early. You should have mailed it on July 11th...that August VB shows AS as current....

I think they missed it at the lockbox and maybe NBC. So after the BIO, your file was transfered to local field office, and they caught that there...had it been rejected at the lockbox, they would have refunded your fees.
I know for a fact that fingerprints are valid for 15 months. You can see that in multiple places on the forums where people are held for years with I-485s and need to redo the FP since it is only valid for 15 months.
So i think you don't need to do FP since you have a valid BIO done one 6/24.
About the medical, you have to submit a report in sealed envelop. That's easy, simply go to the doctor, explain that you need another report with signature and in sealed envelope. The doctor should have a copy so they don't need to test you or anything like that. If the doctor is nice, he would print you the form, sign and seal env for free. If he is greedy, he might charge you something symbolic like $20 for the printout...
I free sorry for the lack of luck for you...If you follow the forum, there were at least 3 or4 people that filed way earlier than you...and received GC already.... (that makes me almost certain that your denial came from local field office that is simply "picky".

Dear all,
I received a denial decision today due to the early-filing and I am about to re-apply. Do you think that I need to do the medical exam again. Can I send my new package without the medical report? As I did it lately and submitted with my previous application.

Any input appreciated,

Best

Of course they can. They are the government...As i said before, they missed this detail at the lockbox, and caught it at local field office. Since he already did the BIO, they could not refund...and why would they. This is great way for them to make money...

you got early denial decision even after doing your Bio and cashing your checks? Can they do that?

I have not received my NL2 letter till today. Can someone kindly enough to let me know what are the contents of NL2? Does it include additional information that would be critical for me to submit AOS?

Hi Yoni123, I am pretty screwed up at this point. My attorney told me I need to send in receipt of payment ($440) together with DSP-122. That was the reason I just submitted my DSP-122 couple days ago when I found out my DV number will be current in Sept.

I shouldn't have trusted whatever my attorney said. :(

DV Number: 2011AS00040***

You know what...I don't think it is a problem. Since you're doing AOS, you don't really need KCC to do anything on your file...except transfer it to USCIS upon their request. The payment receipt for $440 you do NOT need to send to KCC but to USCIS. But you do want to send the DSP122 with photo and Barcode page back to KCC...That will makeup the file that is going to be transfered to USCIS...
Simply attach a copy of the $440 receipt with your I-485.
And you do NOT really need the NL2. NL2 simply states that KCC knows that you are doing AOS and that is pretty much it. For interview, you will need to show NL1.

Once again we have a case where one should NOT have listened to a lawyer but followed AOS2011 only forum :)

Hi Yoni123, I am pretty screwed up at this point. My attorney told me I need to send in receipt of payment ($440) together with DSP-122. That was the reason I just submitted my DSP-122 couple days ago when I found out my DV number will be current in Sept.

I shouldn't have trusted whatever my attorney said. :(

DV Number: 2011AS00040***

Thanks for your reply, Yoni123.. I am still seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.
Btw, I called up KCC and they told me to submit both DSP122, DSP230 and barcode, but they did not mention about Photos. Where did you get this information from?

You know what...I don't think it is a problem. Since you're doing AOS, you don't really need KCC to do anything on your file...except transfer it to USCIS upon their request. The payment receipt for $440 you do NOT need to send to KCC but to USCIS. But you do want to send the DSP122 with photo and Barcode page back to KCC...That will makeup the file that is going to be transfered to USCIS...
Simply attach a copy of the $440 receipt with your I-485.
And you do NOT really need the NL2. NL2 simply states that KCC knows that you are doing AOS and that is pretty much it. For interview, you will need to show NL1.

Once again we have a case where one should NOT have listened to a lawyer but followed AOS2011 only forum :)

Do yourself a favor and go back and read the 1st pages of this forum. You will understand this. You don't really need DSP230 if you do AOS (it is needed for CP)

Hi, Yoni.
No, we did not get IL yet. We called Kcc on tuesday, they told the case was not requested yet. We sent email, with the same question, they answered, that as they got payment for AOS,they are not take care about our case longer, and we must contact CIS.
But on wednesday evening we got strange email from KCC, that they got payment only for PA, but our case is for 5 people!
And we need to pay for the rest 4 persons or semt them the written explanation, why we paid only 440$.
But we paid 1320$ in one check, and got stamped reciept, and our case is for 3 persons, not 5. We sent 122 form for 3 person. 5 was mentioned only when we registered for DV, but 2 step kids don't live with us, and we never mentioned they will immigrate with us.
Will try to call KCC today and find out what happened.
Sara, Cybor, and Feed34
Looks like you were due to get your IL and interviews too.
I haven't seen your comments lately so it maybe that you have not visited the forum lately. But if you do follow, are you doing something in checking about the status of your cases? What are you doing about it?

Yes, that is very important as they will NOT transfer your file to USCIS unless payment is satisfied... So you have to send them letters and email with attaching the proof of paying $1320 and explaining in detail that 3 people will adjust status, and the other 2 are just family members that will NOT adjust status.

btw: is that info correct on the spreadsheet? That your file was in Chicago 4/13 and you just got NOA 5/16? It is a known fact that NJ field office is slow.

Hi, Yoni.
No, we did not get IL yet. We called Kcc on tuesday, they told the case was not requested yet. We sent email, with the same question, they answered, that as they got payment for AOS,they are not take care about our case longer, and we must contact CIS.
But on wednesday evening we got strange email from KCC, that they got payment only for PA, but our case is for 5 people!
And we need to pay for the rest 4 persons or semt them the written explanation, why we paid only 440$.
But we paid 1320$ in one check, and got stamped reciept, and our case is for 3 persons, not 5. We sent 122 form for 3 person. 5 was mentioned only when we registered for DV, but 2 step kids don't live with us, and we never mentioned they will immigrate with us.
Will try to call KCC today and find out what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dv 2012 winner needs some answers based on your experiences

I read all your aos forum and learned so many things, thank you!

I appreciate your time to read my questions and help me.
I've been selected for dv 2012 and case number eu301xx
I m currently in the usa - going to grad school. I ll do a AOS in the usa. My questions are:
1.According to the visa bulletin my number most likely be available on july/june 2012. Does field offices give priority to the dv cases since there is a deadline for us? Do you thinknwe will have enough time to get an approval before sep 30 2012?
2. Can an attorney file an aos on behalf of me before my case number is even current?Or in any case do we have to wait for the # to be available? Today, one attorney told me that he is permitted to file aos cases early, and most peopel dont know this. I found this very weird..
3.for example may bulletin gives the july numbers and also in advance numbers for july. If my number falls in to july, can i file (i mean send my 485 to the office) or do i have to wait for july in order to send my forms?
Thank you so much!

Thanks. Do you think they got request from Uscis, or just saw this after our phone call?According to the speadsheet Newark office sent IL after 104 days of case pending, that why we decided to wait one week more, and do infopass after, as our case is about 100 days only)))
Yes, that is very important as they will NOT transfer your file to USCIS unless payment is satisfied... So you have to send them letters and email with attaching the proof of paying $1320 and explaining in detail that 3 people will adjust status, and the other 2 are just family members that will NOT adjust status.