• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

(cybor) I don't think they got the request to transfer. They would tell you if they got it. KCC is relatively information friendly unlike USCIS. I think it was since you called/emailed.
So did you already do the infopass? or going to do it? Remember that usually you can't do infopass for next day...So you might as well do it now for some time in next week, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Usually yes. It is actually documented in couple of memorandums that both NBC and local field office are expediting DV cases....There are couple of people that just got approved with June current date. However, if you read my case...(also current in June with similar number like you) you can see that you can get screwed by them too...
2) Not really. There are cases of early filing that culminated in successful GC and also cases that were denied. Please read on forum from first page to last, you will understand everything and thank me for suggesting that.
That lawyer is full of S$%. BS. You don't need him, and he just wants to get inside your wallet. You can apply SAFELY as soon as you see you # in advanced notification. That is essentially like filing about 50 days early.
3) Not correct. May VB is published around April 10th, gives the numbers for May and advanced numbers for June... June VB is published around May 10th, gives numbers for June and advanced numbers for July...etc.

I read all your aos forum and learned so many things, thank you!
1.According to the visa bulletin my number most likely be available on july/june 2012. Does field offices give priority to the dv cases since there is a deadline for us? Do you thinknwe will have enough time to get an approval before sep 30 2012?
2. Can an attorney file an aos on behalf of me before my case number is even current?Or in any case do we have to wait for the # to be available? Today, one attorney told me that he is permitted to file aos cases early, and most peopel dont know this. I found this very weird..
3.for example may bulletin gives the july numbers and also in advance numbers for july. If my number falls in to july, can i file (i mean send my 485 to the office) or do i have to wait for july in order to send my forms?
Thank you so much!

Hi, Yoni.
Just saw, that KCC yesterday attached the letter, that Uscis have requested our file, that why they ask us to clearify about payment and number of peoples making Aos, before they will transfer it to Uscis. Today we sent reciept to them, explaining and call them to reconfirm. They told all is solved, no questions anymore. Hope we shall get the IL soon, at least before deadline. Btw, did your case was requested from Kcc, before they put you on extention checking? We had similar issue, when we got our visas in west europe country ), they also told, that visa for me and my son ready, but visa for PA is on the extention checking but it delayed his passport for 2 weeks only. So hope you will get your IL soon too.
(cybor) I don't think they got the request to transfer. They would tell you if they got it. KCC is relatively information friendly unlike USCIS. I think it was since you called/emailed.
So did you already do the infopass? or going to do it? Remember that usually you can't do infopass for next day...So you might as well do it now for some time in next week, etc.

Cybor, in that case, that is great news for you! From seeing all the previous cases, if your KCC file is requested, it 100% that IL is following. (the other way is not always correct, that is IL doesn't mean they requested your file)

I call about every 2 weeks to KCC, they tell me that my file was NOT yet requested by USCIS and that i should contact USCIS and request an interview....BS.
(when i mentioned the "request in interview" during infopass, the officer yelled at me...)

can you share with us the contents of the letter from USCIS that was attached in your email? (mask all private information)

Hi, Yoni.
Just saw, that KCC yesterday attached the letter, that Uscis have requested our file, that why they ask us to clearify about payment and number of peoples making Aos, before they will transfer it to Uscis. Today we sent reciept to them, explaining and call them to reconfirm. They told all is solved, no questions anymore. Hope we shall get the IL soon, at least before deadline. Btw, did your case was requested from Kcc, before they put you on extention checking? We had similar issue, when we got our visas in west europe country ), they also told, that visa for me and my son ready, but visa for PA is on the extention checking but it delayed his passport for 2 weeks only. So hope you will get your IL soon too.

Adjustment of status mail form.
The Uscis, (written full name of uscis) has requested your Diversity Visa case file be forwarded to the immigration office for futher prosessing. The Department of State requires as follows, Lottery Rank number be current and diversity Visa fees be paid prior to a transfer to Uscis. Before yourr Divercity visa case can be trasferred and continue to process you must pay to the Department of state a fee in amount 440$ per person.
Cybor, in that case, that is great news for you! From seeing all the previous cases, if your KCC file is requested, it 100% that IL is following. (the other way is not always correct, that is IL doesn't mean they requested your file)

I call about every 2 weeks to KCC, they tell me that my file was NOT yet requested by USCIS and that i should contact USCIS and request an interview....BS.
(when i mentioned the "request in interview" during infopass, the officer yelled at me...)

can you share with us the contents of the letter from USCIS that was attached in your email? (mask all private information)

Just to clearify, it was letter from Kcc, not from Uscis.

@ Cybor

A newbie here. Could you please clarify what IL stands for?

I see that you are dealing with the Newark NJ office. Are they known to be slow in processing the I-485s? I still have time to decide whether to go the AOS or the CP way.

Thanks!

IL= Interview Letter.

@ Cybor

I see that you are dealing with the Newark NJ office. Are they known to be slow in processing the I-485s? I still have time to decide whether to go the AOS or the CP way.

Thanks!

They say they do Aos in 120-140 days. No less and no more.
@ Cybor

Thanks!

It's demoralizing to see that cybor, who is at the same FO is me is taking so long, I do not have 140 days left to adjust, does it matter to USCIS the amount of people that is adjusting? Would that calculate into the amount of time reviewing a case? I'm gonna go to an INFOPASS, as I don't have that many days left to adjust.

70 days only left till the end of DV2011 fiscal year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also another announcment:

It seems that i am the only person with the highest number AS44xxx
Also it seems i am the only person having AOS in Cleveland OH...No one from the whole of OHIO state!!!!

I think a key thing for remaining 2011 AOS folks to look into would be -- were there any AOS applicants from 2010 that posted on these forums after Sep 2010 indicating they did not make it?

I think a key thing for remaining 2011 AOS folks to look into would be -- were there any AOS applicants from 2010 that posted on these forums after Sep 2010 indicating they did not make it?

Yes there were, due to security checks and not getting an interview by Sept 30th.
I'm thinking about getting INFOPASS everyday, trying to get them to interview me.

@EternalHope,
For sure, do infopass and hopefully you get a nice officer that will share the real status of your case.

At this stage the number is irrelevant as all numbers are current...
Yes, about the 70 days, every day that passes is another nail in my coffin....

70 days only left till the end of DV2011 fiscal year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also another announcment:

It seems that i am the only person with the highest number AS44xxx
Also it seems i am the only person having AOS in Cleveland OH...No one from the whole of OHIO state!!!!

Yea, I have one scheduled for tomorrow, see how it'll go. BTW @Cybor, what is the deal with your dates on the spreadsheet, USCIS sent you the NOA one month after you sent package???

At this stage the number is irrelevant as all numbers are current...
Yes, about the 70 days, every day that passes is another nail in my coffin....

I've been trying to adjust status for 17 years, this is my last chance, I can't live another day as a second class citizen, this is really it for me and it keeps me up every night thinking that the day might never come.

Yes, it is real dates in the spreadsheet. Only fingerprints we did walk in.
Yea, I have one scheduled for tomorrow, see how it'll go. BTW @Cybor, what is the deal with your dates on the spreadsheet, USCIS sent you the NOA one month after you sent package???