• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I don't know how a lawyer can expedite a case... unless he really knows the person at the local FO that decides on cases/interviews...and then it is sort of fraud.
If you have the extra money, hire a lawyer and see.
There isn't any evidence that it helps. I think being lucky helps a lot...

Anyone here think getting a lawyer can help me expedite the case, if the officers don't listen to me will they listen to a lawyer?

Here's a question on behalf of all 2012 winners (high CNs) who are debating between doing AOS or CP:

Say you indicate to KCC now that you want to do CP (send DSP122+DS230 etc). Then as the 2012 fiscal year opens and you monitor the cutoff dates every month and like progress, or say your case becomes current sooner than you had thought -- can you then inform KCC that you would like to switch to AOS ?

As most of you know, rumor is that for 2012, CNs start around 22xxx, (where the May 1st winners CNs ended), so instead of basing the estimates on 2012 cut-off dates which is what most of us are doing right now, there may be a chance we are luckier than 2011 winners in terms of timelines for cases becoming currents.

It would be nice to be able to switch to AOS later in the game. Anyone done this?

Thoughts on this in general?

Last edited by a moderator:
As most of you know, rumor is that for 2012, all CNs start around 22xxx, (where the May 1st winners CNs ended), so instead of basing the estimates on 2012 cut-off dates which is what most of us are doing right now, there may be a chance we are luckier than 2011 winners in terms of timelines for cases becoming currents.

I don't think that's true. My CN is EU61xx.

Another question though:

when paying the DV fee of $440, who do I make the money order out to? U.S. Department of State, KCC, or what? And it says to note the case number on the money order. Where do I put that?

Thank you!!

Update on my Status

Hey All. wanted to reflect the update in my signature :) --- YES my case moved to card production today YAY :)

Now I am stalking the mailman :D to deliver the card

Hi Ocean3,

see below,

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

I don't think that's true. My CN is EU61xx.

Another question though:

when paying the DV fee of $440, who do I make the money order out to? U.S. Department of State, KCC, or what? And it says to note the case number on the money order. Where do I put that?

Thank you!!

Hi Joseph230 and all.

Congrats on completing your interview and receiving the CP notice. Reading the thread, I've noticed that your FO was Baltimore, right? If it is, then we missed each other by a few minutes on the 19th. My husband had his interview on that date and you may have had the same officer. He did the same to my husband but gave other reasons that I will share once we get his green card. But the interview was pretty quick.

Hope you'll see your card in 2 to 3 days. I cannot check my husband's case online as it tells me it doesn't exist. The other numbers showed up in the system after he received his EAD card. Weird...

Good luck to all of you still going through the process.

Hey All. wanted to reflect the update in my signature :) --- YES my case moved to card production today YAY :)

Now I am stalking the mailman :D to deliver the card

Hi, first we sent to KCC form 230 and other documents in May 2010, without any payment. After In January we sent them email, informing, that we are going to do AOS, and paid 440$ per person and mail them new form 122 with the changed location for AOS.
This is great to know. Can you explain how you went about switching from CP to AOS? How did you inform KCC?

Hi everyone, I have a sponsor for me to fill the I-134 form. but the only problem is he does not have his tax return filed for 2010 due to business delay. is it ok to take previous 2009 and 2008 files with I-134 form during interview? He is financially strong and own a business.

Thank you.
Yes, I my Field Office (FO) was Baltimore. I was nervous before the interview and was upset after it so I do not remember a face from that packed room of people!!! :D
I have read on the forum that people have, sometimes, problem with online status and see glitched now and then. so do not worry, He will get it as you did :)
Wish everyone the best

Hi Joseph230 and all.

Congrats on completing your interview and receiving the CP notice. Reading the thread, I've noticed that your FO was Baltimore, right? If it is, then we missed each other by a few minutes on the 19th. My husband had his interview on that date and you may have had the same officer. He did the same to my husband but gave other reasons that I will share once we get his green card. But the interview was pretty quick.

Hope you'll see your card in 2 to 3 days. I cannot check my husband's case online as it tells me it doesn't exist. The other numbers showed up in the system after he received his EAD card. Weird...

Good luck to all of you still going through the process.

dv-2012...son living in another country..need help please!

My aunt and her two children are selected for further processing for the dv-lottery 2012.Last year when she applied, her son was 20 years old (he is 21 now) and I think he is eligible to go to US with his mother but at the moment he is living in another country, in western Europe and the lawyer there has promised him that he will have his permanent papers pretty soon. Meanwhile my aunt has to fill out form ds-230 for both of her children. Her son doesn't want to risk and go to his home country because he says what if they don't get the visa! My question is: Should my aunt fill out form ds-230 for her son if he doesn't want to go or no? When she goes to the interview at the embassy is it going to be a problem that her son is not going to be there because when she applied for dv-lottery she entered her son's name also? Does she need to show any proof to the embassy that her son is not living in his home country? Can somebody help me please with these questions? It's been 9 days since my aunt has received the notice and she needs to fill out the forms as quickly as possible. Thank you!

can anyone please help Lorka about her questions above,,, i have the same question, too.
i have a friend with a son who turnd 21 after filing the DVlottery and the father won now but not sure if his 21-year-old son qualify or not?????!!

Lorka and xrj, why don't you email KCC with your case? Or better you can call them. Their email address should be in your selection letter.

great idea feel, thanks. i will ask my friend to email or call KCC. thanks again feel. :)
Lorka and xrj, why don't you email KCC with your case? Or better you can call them. Their email address should be in your selection letter.

I will have my interview next week. I am currently on an F1 visa and I am being paid by the university. Does anyone know whether a letter from my university will be enough to prove that I will have enough money and I won't become a public charge in the US or I also need to fill out and sign an I864 form for myself? My income is above poverty line.

Maybe it would be wise for you to prepare I-134 signed by someone with good income/assets.

I will have my interview next week. I am currently on an F1 visa and I am being paid by the university. Does anyone know whether a letter from my university will be enough to prove that I will have enough money and I won't become a public charge in the US or I also need to fill out and sign an I864 form for myself? My income is above poverty line.