• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Yoni , I can’t even imagine how you feel now, I hope the mailman will bring you good news today or Monday.

I got questions for you guys; do you know when the FO requests the file from DOS? Is it after the bio letter or after the interview letter?
My field office is Detroit does someone had an experience with AOS in that FO?

Good luck to all of us and especially for you Yoni…….

Hi Everyone - I am brand new to the thread/blog and have a few of questions:

1) My visa number AF79XXX is not yet current, but USCIS has accepted my AOS package and issued a biometrics letter. Does this mean my number will become available in September?
2) Can USCIS send an RFE after biometrics letter - or is it safe to assume that if you have done biometrics, then your paperwork (supporting documents etc) are correct and in order?
3) Is it possible to get an interview letter before your visa number become current?

Thanks so much, cheers

In 2010 and also in 2011, at least one person each, from MI have gotten their DV AOS approved without interviews......keep your fingers crossed!!!

Yoni , I can’t even imagine how you feel now, I hope the mailman will bring you good news today or Monday.

I got questions for you guys; do you know when the FO requests the file from DOS? Is it after the bio letter or after the interview letter?

Xenos_in_DC,
1. Only way you know it for sure is when the visa bulletin comes out.
2. RFE is sent at any stage if deemed necessary. But getting a Bio letter is a good sign
3. Yes. However, the visa number must be available at the day/time of your interview.

Thanks, feel - that's helpful.

Do you or anyone else know where to find average processing times for the various field offices? I'm trying to get a sense of whether the Washington field office is fast, slow or average etc. With my high visa number and September 30th looming, I'm a tad nervous about getting everything processed in time. Fingers crossed-

Thanks hilalff..
Well not today...maybe monday...
But maybe i should stop looking for it, and then it might show up...
To your question, we seen here many times that the FO requests your file when they schedule your interview. But we also seen cases where the FO didn't request the file, and at the interview they find this out, and only then request it. So you don't get approved on the same day of interview..

Kambo.
It might depend on the FO (field office). What is your FO?
You are in a good position as you got the IL about 30-40 days after you send the package... for me it is now about 90 days...and counting...but as you read here before, there are people in my FO that already received the IL...so I guess only god knows why...

Yoni123,

Well, my FO is Louisiana, New Oleans.
I hope you will get exciting news about your IL very very soon. Hope this Monday, latest. I know how you feel.

Hi Guys,
I have a DV interview with USCIS in Fairfax, VA. What kinds of question do they ask during the inrerviw?

Thanks

Hi folks - assuming my visa number becomes current in September, is it worth submitting an EAD now?

I am on G4 status (World Bank) and want to start doing independent consulting on the side as soon as possible...

How did you submit your AOS way before the your number is current???

Hi folks - assuming my visa number becomes current in September, is it worth submitting an EAD now?

I am on G4 status (World Bank) and want to start doing independent consulting on the side as soon as possible...

You can submit the package any time you want, you only need to get lucky and not get your package rejected for filing early. some evidence suggest that the odds of rejection are high but they are not 100%...
So as the end of the fiscal year comes, you tend to take some risk and mail earlier ...

How did you submit your AOS way before the your number is current???

n79, when is your interview?
Why don't you read the forum from the 1st page till the end. I promise you would be happy you did that. It is impossible to repeat all the valuable info that was discussed in one single answer.
Also, add you details to a signature, so people can help you better.
And add your details to the spreadsheet at:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...Zoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Hi Guys,
I have a DV interview with USCIS in Fairfax, VA. What kinds of question do they ask during the inrerviw?

Thanks

Guys, Tomorrow I'm going on my interview! This doc I'm going to take with me. Please check it, maybe I forgot something.
My case: I'm F-1 student, From the beginning till December 2011. Now I'm studying at the evening. Also, I started to work on April, as soon as they gave me EAD.

1. I -20 past and current (originals and copy)
2. Driver’s license ( orig. and copy)
3.Id (orig. and copy)
4. Passport Russia (orig. and copy)
5.Passport international (original which is expired on July 5, I have a letter form Embassy that it is in process of pe - new., copy)
6. I-94 ( orig. and copy of both sides)
7. I -797 past and current (orig. and copy)
8.Employment verification letter with hours per week and rate per hours. (origin)
9.Pay stabs for the last three month (orig. and copy) I started to work three months ago, and only for three months I have.
10. Marriage cancellation (copy, orig, and translation)
11. High School Diploma (orig., copy and translation)
12.University diploma ( orig., copy, and translation)
13. EAD (copy and orig.)
14. Social security (Copy and orig.)
15. Letter from the School (In which you can see that I'm still styding at the evening till December 2011)
16. Letter from the Russia Embassy about processing my International Passport.
17. Medical results ( copy)
18. Letters from Kentucky (NL1, NL2). (orig. and copy)
19. Birth certificate (orig., and copy)
20. I-134 (employee letter for the sponsor, his TAx return for last three years, His bank statement for 3 months, copy of his passport, and his Paystabs - only one, cause he just started to work in the new company.)
21.Criminal clearance (just in case form my country, translation and copy).
22. All letter from Immigration
Also, I have copy of I-485, but I don't have copy of I-131 and others with I subbmit before with I-485.
23. Il letter.
24. Bank statement for the last 6 months, Current balance $19.500, but for the past $17.000 and before less.

Could you please check it and write your suggestion????? Thansk so much to everybody.
Tomorrow as soon as I finish I'll let you know about whole interview experience.

Thansk one more time. :)

Hi, my lawer told, that if I changed my family name after first marriage I need marriage sertificate which shows the family name changing.
If you did not change family name you just need divorce sertificate.

Guys, Tomorrow I'm going on my interview! This doc I'm going to take with me. Please check it, maybe I forgot something.
My case: I'm F-1 student, From the beginning till December 2011. Now I'm studying at the evening. Also, I started to work on April, as soon as they gave me EAD.

1. I -20 past and current (originals and copy)
2. Driver’s license ( orig. and copy)
3.Id (orig. and copy)
4. Passport Russia (orig. and copy)
5.Passport international (original which is expired on July 5, I have a letter form Embassy that it is in process of pe - new., copy)
6. I-94 ( orig. and copy of both sides)
7. I -797 past and current (orig. and copy)
8.Employment verification letter with hours per week and rate per hours. (origin)
9.Pay stabs for the last three month (orig. and copy) I started to work three months ago, and only for three months I have.
10. Marriage cancellation (copy, orig, and translation)
11. High School Diploma (orig., copy and translation)
12.University diploma ( orig., copy, and translation)
13. EAD (copy and orig.)
14. Social security (Copy and orig.)
15. Letter from the School (In which you can see that I'm still styding at the evening till December 2011)
16. Letter from the Russia Embassy about processing my International Passport.
17. Medical results ( copy)
18. Letters from Kentucky (NL1, NL2). (orig. and copy)
19. Birth certificate (orig., and copy)
20. I-134 (employee letter for the sponsor, his TAx return for last three years, His bank statement for 3 months, copy of his passport, and his Paystabs - only one, cause he just started to work in the new company.)
21.Criminal clearance (just in case form my country, translation and copy).
22. All letter from Immigration
Also, I have copy of I-485, but I don't have copy of I-131 and others with I subbmit before with I-485.
23. Il letter.
24. Bank statement for the last 6 months, Current balance $19.500, but for the past $17.000 and before less.

Could you please check it and write your suggestion????? Thansk so much to everybody.
Tomorrow as soon as I finish I'll let you know about whole interview experience.

Thansk one more time. :)

Thansk Cybor, fortunately, I didn't change the last name. :)
Hi, my lawer told, that if I changed my family name after first marriage I need marriage sertificate which shows the family name changing.
If you did not change family name you just need divorce sertificate.