• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

as44xxx, I think you get it all. I dont think anything is missing.
Hello friends,

I desperetly need your help. My number is AS44xxx which is pretty high and i am praying it will be current in september. We all know that its very scary being current in the last month of the DV year as there is a possibility that things get delayed and then lose the GC from being approved. Please my friends Help me get my application ready as perfect as possible in order to avoid delays and have it processed smoothly.

i am in the process of collecting all documents required to send my AoS this (july) month. I am following directions from this webpage

uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca6 0aRCRD

Are the directions on this page are correct and are they what you guys followed?

these are the items I will be including in my AOS package:

1) Copy Latest I-20 Proof of status (currently enrolled Full time)
2) Copy My Last OPT card (expired in Dec 2010)
3) Copies of all visas
4) copy of passport
5) Copy of driver license
6) Copy of Birth Certificate
7) Copy of Selection Letter
8) Copy of DOS Receipt of payment
9) Copy of the Visa Bulletin (showing that my number is current)
10) Copy of my High school Diploma
11) Copies of My college Degrees
12) 2 Passport style pictures
13) G-325a
14) Copies of all entry stamps
15) Copy of I-94
16) Sealed I-693 Medical exam
17) My check payment of 1070
18) I-485

Am I missing anything?

Is the following the correct address and way of writting on the package when sent?

USCIS
Attn: DV2011 Lottery Winner - AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thanks alot friends
Thank you

You do not need to send the visa bulletin. Also make sure you use the latest version of all forms from the uscis website. Double check you address from the form I-485 instructions available online. Good luck!

Hello friends,

I desperetly need your help. My number is AS44xxx which is pretty high and i am praying it will be current in september. We all know that its very scary being current in the last month of the DV year as there is a possibility that things get delayed and then lose the GC from being approved. Please my friends Help me get my application ready as perfect as possible in order to avoid delays and have it processed smoothly.

i am in the process of collecting all documents required to send my AoS this (july) month. I am following directions from this webpage

uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca6 0aRCRD

Are the directions on this page are correct and are they what you guys followed?

these are the items I will be including in my AOS package:

1) Copy Latest I-20 Proof of status (currently enrolled Full time)
2) Copy My Last OPT card (expired in Dec 2010)
3) Copies of all visas
4) copy of passport
5) Copy of driver license
6) Copy of Birth Certificate
7) Copy of Selection Letter
8) Copy of DOS Receipt of payment
9) Copy of the Visa Bulletin (showing that my number is current)
10) Copy of my High school Diploma
11) Copies of My college Degrees
12) 2 Passport style pictures
13) G-325a
14) Copies of all entry stamps
15) Copy of I-94
16) Sealed I-693 Medical exam
17) My check payment of 1070
18) I-485

Am I missing anything?

Is the following the correct address and way of writting on the package when sent?

USCIS
Attn: DV2011 Lottery Winner - AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thanks alot friends
Thank you

TO: as44xxx
I think it's also very important to clearly mark the envelope that it's Diversity Visa case. Not sure about copy of bulletin: if it says your number current in September mail room people who handle applications at first place may get confused when they get your package in July.

Dear all,

I am preparing for all the documents since I am going to an interview next week. I am thinking to bring EVERYTHING (original or copy) which I have already submitted and additional documents for the interview.
Hope that any of you can check whether I miss prepare anything and answer my questions.

Status: F1-OPT (graduate Dec 2010, OPT expire March/2012), non-employee, single

1.Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Copy of Personal check of $1,070 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($985) and Biometrics ($85).
5. Copy of my Driver license, Social Security card and School ID. (bring original as well)
6.Copy of my Employment Authorization Card. (bring original as well)
7. Copy of DV2011 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
8. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
9. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status. (bring original as well)
10. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State. (bring original as well)
11. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages. (bring original as well)
12. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back. (bring original as well)
13. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - F1 Visa and B1/B2 Visa (bring original as well)
14. Copy of Birth Certificate. ( Common living household) (bring original as well)
15. Copy of High School Diploma. (bring original as well)
16. Copy of MBA Diploma. (bring original as well)
17. Copy of IL. (bring original as well)
18. Copy of I-20. (bring original as well)
19. Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (bring original as well)
20. Copy of Police Criminal Record Certificate. (No Conviction Record) (bring original as well)
21. Form-134 ;
(1) My BF will fill out the form for me but he couldn't find his 2008 W2 & Federal Income Tax returns, he only has 2007 (W2), 2009 (W2& Federal) and 2010 (W2& Federal). Will I have any problem for the interview?
(2) My BF is the U.S. citizen since he were 5-year-old. When their family move to the U.S. from Switzerland that time they lost his Birth Certificate, what should I do with that? Can I just bring his U.S citizenship certificate?
(3) For the " Relationship to Sponsor" box, should I write BF/GF or Fiance? Which one is better? We thinking abt getting married next year but no actual engagement party yet.
22. Form I-864
23. My BF's copy of passport, social security car, pay check for past 2 months, the U.S. citizenship certificate. (bring original as well)
24. Supporting evidence of our relationship; (insurance documents, credit cards and photos)
25. Copy of I-765, I-797 and I-797C. (bring original as well)
26 Copy of my parents passport

THANKS FOR HELP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Karen I guess you have more that enough. And also I have a question regarding number 20. Do we need to have Police Criminal Record Certificate? If yes how I can get it? :))))
Dear all,

I am preparing for all the documents since I am going to an interview next week. I am thinking to bring EVERYTHING (original or copy) which I have already submitted and additional documents for the interview.
Hope that any of you can check whether I miss prepare anything and answer my questions.

Status: F1-OPT (graduate Dec 2010, OPT expire March/2012), non-employee, single

1.Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Copy of Personal check of $1,070 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($985) and Biometrics ($85).
5. Copy of my Driver license, Social Security card and School ID. (bring original as well)
6.Copy of my Employment Authorization Card. (bring original as well)
7. Copy of DV2011 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
8. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
9. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status. (bring original as well)
10. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State. (bring original as well)
11. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages. (bring original as well)
12. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back. (bring original as well)
13. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - F1 Visa and B1/B2 Visa (bring original as well)
14. Copy of Birth Certificate. ( Common living household) (bring original as well)
15. Copy of High School Diploma. (bring original as well)
16. Copy of MBA Diploma. (bring original as well)
17. Copy of IL. (bring original as well)
18. Copy of I-20. (bring original as well)
19. Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (bring original as well)
20. Copy of Police Criminal Record Certificate. (No Conviction Record) (bring original as well)
21. Form-134 ;
(1) My BF will fill out the form for me but he couldn't find his 2008 W2 & Federal Income Tax returns, he only has 2007 (W2), 2009 (W2& Federal) and 2010 (W2& Federal). Will I have any problem for the interview?
(2) My BF is the U.S. citizen since he were 5-year-old. When their family move to the U.S. from Switzerland that time they lost his Birth Certificate, what should I do with that? Can I just bring his U.S citizenship certificate?
(3) For the " Relationship to Sponsor" box, should I write BF/GF or Fiance? Which one is better? We thinking abt getting married next year but no actual engagement party yet.
22. Form I-864
23. My BF's copy of passport, social security car, pay check for past 2 months, the U.S. citizenship certificate. (bring original as well)
24. Supporting evidence of our relationship; (insurance documents, credit cards and photos)

THANKS FOR HELP!!

manaysha,

I dont think we need Police Criminal Record Certificate but I am going to bring it with me anyway.
I got it at the Police Department from my country.

AAA! From your country you ment. I got it. Yes I have the same. I'm going to bring it as well, but I agree I don't think we need it.
manaysha,

I dont think we need Police Criminal Record Certificate but I am going to bring it with me anyway.
I got it at the Police Department from my country.

My IL asked even for ADIT style photos, although USCIS stop using them in 2004. There were no single useful item listed on my IL, it was very generic. The only useful info was date, time and place.

@dv_e,

Did you take photos with you as requested by USCIS, your FO?

@dv_e,

Did you take photos with you as requested by USCIS, your FO?

yes, we took passport style photos but were not asked for them at the interview. The photos that appear on the GC are the same as in our original package sent to Chicago.

Are you sure about that. I know that there is no need to bring photos as you already sent them and also you should have been photographed at the support center when you took fingerprinting...
I heard that the pic on the GC is the one they took of you at the support center FP appointment.

yes, we took passport style photos but were not asked for them at the interview. The photos that appear on the GC are the same as in our original package sent to Chicago.

Are you sure about that. I know that there is no need to bring photos as you already sent them and also you should have been photographed at the support center when you took fingerprinting...
I heard that the pic on the GC is the one they took of you at the support center FP appointment.

Can't be absolutely sure about when that photo was taken, you might be right, but in any case we were not asked for more photos at the interview.

Hi!

I have a question regarding filing a employment authorization form concurrently with AOS.

Do you think might be a wrong idea to do so? I'm currently an F1 student and I start my CPT (curricular practical training) in September, and I think my interview might be scheduled end of August. My director in my university's international office messed up my CPT application, which means I have prepare it all over again, and if I have employment authorization and my GC upon AOS, I no longer will be needing CPT.

The USCIS website states that it is free and legally a right to file both concurrently. I'm just worried that during the interview if it was noted that I have an employment authorization in file, it will be thought that i need a job because I dont have enough money to support myself in the university etc.

What is your opinion on this? A gazillion thanks in advance!

Right now it will be waste of time. If you are successful, you will get the GC. If not, by the time you get the EAD it will be september....

Please add you signature so people can help you better and also your info to help other people.
Also add your details to the spreadsheet - thanks.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...Zoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Hi!

I have a question regarding filing a employment authorization form concurrently with AOS.

Do you think might be a wrong idea to do so? I'm currently an F1 student and I start my CPT (curricular practical training) in September, and I think my interview might be scheduled end of August. My director in my university's international office messed up my CPT application, which means I have prepare it all over again, and if I have employment authorization and my GC upon AOS, I no longer will be needing CPT.

The USCIS website states that it is free and legally a right to file both concurrently. I'm just worried that during the interview if it was noted that I have an employment authorization in file, it will be thought that i need a job because I dont have enough money to support myself in the university etc.

What is your opinion on this? A gazillion thanks in advance!

The photo on your GC is the one you take at the ASC during fingerprinting.

@dv_e,feel, and Yoni123,

In my IL, it says:TWO RECENT PASSPORT PHOTOS. NOTE: DO NOT BRING PHOTOS IF YOUR CASE WAS FILED AT THE MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER.

What do you think, friends?

@Yoni123,

I hope you will receive your IL very very soon. The IO you talked to doesn't seems to know what he is talking about or doesn't know what the DV case is. The time is very limited for all of us. I think you suppose to get your IL by now. It has been over the normal processing time, in my opion. Normally is 90 days.

Thanks to all of you who answered me. I am now praying and waiting for the August bulletin to be released so i know if i will have a chance and my case is current or i will totally lose the GC chance!!!!!

Kambo.
It might depend on the FO (field office). What is your FO?
You are in a good position as you got the IL about 30-40 days after you send the package... for me it is now about 90 days...and counting...but as you read here before, there are people in my FO that already received the IL...so I guess only god knows why...

@Yoni123,

I hope you will receive your IL very very soon. The IO you talked to doesn't seems to know what he is talking about or doesn't know what the DV case is. The time is very limited for all of us. I think you suppose to get your IL by now. It has been over the normal processing time, in my opion. Normally is 90 days.

Again, i think you got the generic letter that probably also calls to bring I-864, etc...
I'm sure the photos are not needed...
But if it bothers you and you can't sleep because of it, just get the photos and then you'll feel better and know that you have everything they asked...

@dv_e,feel, and Yoni123,

In my IL, it says:TWO RECENT PASSPORT PHOTOS. NOTE: DO NOT BRING PHOTOS IF YOUR CASE WAS FILED AT THE MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER.

What do you think, friends?