• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Just out of curiosity if anyone knows. Has anyone who applied for AOS never got their GC because it went past September 30th and did not get an interview?

Thanks Yoni. I added my details to the spreadsheet. My field office is St. Louis. I sent the AOS package on May 19. And the BIO is scheduled for 07/08/11. It looks like that generally the interviews are held 1 month after the BIO. What should I do with the job offer? Should I use it as my affidavit of support during the interview?

I also applied for I-765. DO you know whether I get it right after BIO appointment?

Thanks

You can only accept the offer is you have applied and received a work permit while the I-485 is pending.
You still have time to complete the process. What is your field office?
When did you send your AOS package to chicago?
Can you add your details to the spreadsheet

Hey dv2011,
I think it would be a great idea for you to bring the job offer to the interview. Make sure it lists your duties, responsibilities, wages, benefits, etc...on what i assume to be a company letter head.
I'm not sure if that would be enough but i would sure help. (depends on your degree, pay level)
About getting the IL 1 month after the BIO...well, I'm a month and half after the bio and didn't even get the interview letter. Normally you get 2-4 weeks between the time of letter to the actual interview. So for me, if i get the letter today...lol, it would be 2-2.5 months after bio or more.
It depends a lot on the field office but not solely on it. As for example there is a person that applied same time i did, same FO, same month current (june) and already received the IL almost a month ago...

Usually people get the I-765 right (1-2 weeks) after the BIO.

Thanks Yoni. I added my details to the spreadsheet. My field office is St. Louis. I sent the AOS package on May 19. And the BIO is scheduled for 07/08/11. It looks like that generally the interviews are held 1 month after the BIO. What should I do with the job offer? Should I use it as my affidavit of support during the interview?

I also applied for I-765. DO you know whether I get it right after BIO appointment?

Thanks

You can only accept the offer is you have applied and received a work permit while the I-485 is pending.
You still have time to complete the process. What is your field office?
When did you send your AOS package to chicago?
Can you add your details to the spreadsheet

Dear friends,

I owuld like to ask you all that in my IL. It says as the following:

Reason For appointment I-485/I-130 Application for permanent residency

Please bring all of the following items with you to the interview that apply to your case:
All passports, and ins issued documents (I.E., I-94, I-444, I-765, I-512, ETC.)

Question look at Reason for appointment, what do you think? Does this mean that I need to bring I-130? I was also asked to bring my employment letter which I have. I am working now, but in learning or internship period. Just graduated. What are I-444, and I-512? When I checked on USCIS forms there were none such forms.

I would like to know if our friends who've recieved IL and have the same for "reason for appointment."

Please share with me. I neeed your help, guys.

Thanks.

hello guys,
I got couple questions:
Anyone did walk-in biometric at detroit field office??? I heard that they wont accept walk-in in detroit!!
and
when the name check process starts? After biometric or when you submint I-485?

thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear friends,

I owuld like to ask you all that in my IL. It says as the following:

Reason For appointment I-485/I-130 Application for permanent residency

Please bring all of the following items with you to the interview that apply to your case:
All passports, and ins issued documents (I.E., I-94, I-444, I-765, I-512, ETC.)

Question look at Reason for appointment, what do you think? Does this mean that I need to bring I-130? I was also asked to bring my employment letter which I have. I am working now, but in learning or internship period. Just graduated. What are I-444, and I-512? When I checked on USCIS forms there were none such forms.

I would like to know if our friends who've recieved IL and have the same for "reason for appointment."

Please share with me. I neeed your help, guys.

Thanks.

Mine simply says: I485 application to adjust to permanent

That is great news for you. Now, you will get your CPO on the day of your interview.
It is also confirms my findings that field offices usually request your KCC file around the time they schedule your interview.
In my case, I called KCC couple days ago, and they said that my file was NOT requested. That at leasts suggests to me that my IL was not yet sent. (probably IL not lost)
I also called USCIS, and as expected the people at the phone are worthless and just read the status as available to us checking it online.
They also like to quote the FO processing dates...usually those are for employment based cases such that they tell you that your file is still in the guidelines...
They quoted me October 2010 as the priority month...they suggested i would get processed in 8 months...
I also told them that I know of other people with same field office and same month current as me already got their IL, he said again 8 months...
When i told the rep about the (fact) that DV cases get expedited over other cases, he said "where did i get this information from?...."
JOKE.

Just to reflect the KCC file transfer update in my signature.

Counting down for the big day

Hi guys, I was gone for two weeks, I see that there are few new members, good luck to everyone. We have finally traveled home for two weeks. It was really nice to go in a different line at the aeroport in New York and all the other aeroports and everyone treats you nicer as you have a green card now and no one asks you anymore where are you going and what for.

Yoni: Did you ask for a supervisor or an IO to speak with you? USCIS has hundreds of contractors they hire just to give generic answers from a sheet of paper. They are not helpful at all. I learn this from an immigration lawyer. You have to demand a supervisor who can better help you, talking to the service reps are like talking to robots they don't know anything.

That is great news for you. Now, you will get your CPO on the day of your interview.
It is also confirms my findings that field offices usually request your KCC file around the time they schedule your interview.
In my case, I called KCC couple days ago, and they said that my file was NOT requested. That at leasts suggests to me that my IL was not yet sent. (probably IL not lost)
I also called USCIS, and as expected the people at the phone are worthless and just read the status as available to us checking it online.
They also like to quote the FO processing dates...usually those are for employment based cases such that they tell you that your file is still in the guidelines...
They quoted me October 2010 as the priority month...they suggested i would get processed in 8 months...
I also told them that I know of other people with same field office and same month current as me already got their IL, he said again 8 months...
When i told the rep about the (fact) that DV cases get expedited over other cases, he said "where did i get this information from?...."
JOKE.

can anyone tell me what's the difference between the I-864 and I-134 form?
buz I am going to an interview on 7/12 and I asked on this forum before ..... they told me I only need to fill out the I-134... but I dont know whats the difference between that two forms.

Thanks

I-864 is for family based adjustments of status (marriage, brother, sister, etc)
For DV you need the I-134. period. When i say you need, i mean that you might be asked to show it in case you don't have a good enough (high paying) job or job offer. Also they will look at your education. For ex., I don't think they are going to ask for I-134 from a PhD or a doctor... They will probably ask from one without a job and with no college degree...

can anyone tell me what's the difference between the I-864 and I-134 form?
buz I am going to an interview on 7/12 and I asked on this forum before ..... they told me I only need to fill out the I-134... but I dont know whats the difference between that two forms.

Thanks

Hi EternalHope, indeed, they sound like robots. I remember once i talked to one on the phone and i couldn't even understand her english. And believe me, I got pretty good english...
To the point, I actually argued (in a very polite manner) with the first representative explaining that I know of people that applied at the same time as me and already got their IL...but he was still stubborn in his idea that the case is still within the guidelines as the FO currently processes cases from October 2010...
So...he actually transfered me to his supervisor...which also repeated same info...
I'm not sure whether this was a supervisor or maybe just another rep, and maybe i should have/could have pushed further and got a real supervisor...
I mention the infopass to him, and he said :"Why don't you schedule an infopass and ask the same questions at the infopass appointment"
I schedule an infopass in two weeks, but i don't have any hopes...I'll probably meet with another rep that would tell me to wait another 8 months....

Yoni: Did you ask for a supervisor or an IO to speak with you? USCIS has hundreds of contractors they hire just to give generic answers from a sheet of paper. They are not helpful at all. I learn this from an immigration lawyer. You have to demand a supervisor who can better help you, talking to the service reps are like talking to robots they don't know anything.

yea Yoni, that was my next advice, get infopass if you can't get anything done over the phone, you'll definitely get an Immigration Officer, explain your situation to him and bring evidence like the spreadsheet on the forum, i know its just from a forum so its questionable, but it cant hurt. If the officer doesnt give you a good answer, PM me, i'll give you another advice.

Thanks, Yoni.

I think I will bring both I-864 AND I-134 with me then...
I just feel wired, how come the checklist they send it to me shows that I need to bring I-864 instead of I-134?
Also, Yoni, I REALLY REALLY hope that you can get your IL very soon...sigh....

I-864 is for family based adjustments of status (marriage, brother, sister, etc)
For DV you need the I-134. period. When i say you need, i mean that you might be asked to show it in case you don't have a good enough (high paying) job or job offer. Also they will look at your education. For ex., I don't think they are going to ask for I-134 from a PhD or a doctor... They will probably ask from one without a job and with no college degree...

Karen127 , thanks for your kind wishes.
To your question, I think the reason they "asked" you for I-864 is that you got the "generic invitation" for interview. Since 99% of the interviews are family based and less than 1% is DV, they don't have a standard letter for DV applicant.
But if that worries you a bit, sure just get the I-864 done as well. It will only cost you the extra couple of pages of paper :)
Then when/if they ask, simply pull out the one they want...

Thanks, Yoni.

I think I will bring both I-864 AND I-134 with me then...
I just feel wired, how come the checklist they send it to me shows that I need to bring I-864 instead of I-134?
Also, Yoni, I REALLY REALLY hope that you can get your IL very soon...sigh....

Yoni: just out of curiosity, when they tell you over the phone to wait 8 months, do you tell them that there is a September 30th deadline? And if you did what do they respond to that?

We finally found the cards in our mailbox. What a great feeling! I thank everyone on this forum for help. I believe everyone is more knowledgeable here than any immigration lawyer. Best wishes to those who are still waiting! You will make it!

5 weeks after interview I finally got SMS+email for card production.
Good luck to all still waiting! Let your pain be less than mine!