• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Congratuation dv_e, I'm so happy for you!!!! :))))
We finally found the cards in our mailbox. What a great feeling! I thank everyone on this forum for help. I believe everyone is more knowledgeable here than any immigration lawyer. Best wishes to those who are still waiting! You will make it!

BTW Yoini I just check my case number it is 27*** not 28***. Maybe that's why I have IL earlier than you. I'm praying for you.

EternalHope, I actually did, the rep didn't care and sounded like a broken record repeated the fact that my file is still under their processing guidelines....

Yoni: just out of curiosity, when they tell you over the phone to wait 8 months, do you tell them that there is a September 30th deadline? And if you did what do they respond to that?

I don't think this has something to do with that. Even if my case is 29xxx. I assume your number is 27800 or larger that makes you a june current. You see, the fact that you and Karen127 are going there at the same day coupled with the fact that you applied way early and karen127 applied just on time, you can infer that the scheduling of the interview is done at the FO level. I realize that your number is lower than mine and karen's is AS24xxx which let' s assume is lower than EU29xxx. On the other hand there were couple here that got IL that are higher numbers than me. One not even current yet!!, still got the IL. So could be just bad luck.
thanks for the kind words :)

BTW Yoini I just check my case number it is 27*** not 28***. Maybe that's why I have IL earlier than you. I'm praying for you.

ssj1, thanks so much for the encouragement. Thank you also manaysha, Ethernalhope and others.
You really put a smile on my face reading today's comments ;)
Big thanks to Karen127 for his/her specific help with KCC today.

c'mon you're a survivor yoni!
don't stop till u get that letter

We finally found the cards in our mailbox. What a great feeling! I thank everyone on this forum for help. I believe everyone is more knowledgeable here than any immigration lawyer. Best wishes to those who are still waiting! You will make it!

Congrats :)

No problem, Yoni.

Just a call....and you help me a lot too!
ssj1, thanks so much for the encouragement. Thank you also manaysha, Ethernalhope and others.
You really put a smile on my face reading today's comments ;)
Big thanks to Karen127 for his/her specific help with KCC today.

I have another question. I was also asked to bring two passport size photos. What about yours, guys?

Thanks!

Yeah, i've seen the 2nd link. It is an official USCIS letter and relatively recent. I will take that to the infopass and I'm very curious to get the reaction of the officer in front of me...in case they tell me my case is within the guidelines of 8 months...

Hey Yoni and everyone who is having trouble convincing USCIS to expedite lottery cases i have two links

http://imminfo.com/Resources/CIS/CIS SOP I-485.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/june_2009_agenda_with_responses.pdf

Open the file and do a search for the word lottery, both documents explicitly states that lottery visas have to be expedited and given priority.

Hi Everyone,

I finally got my Interview and CPO immediately after. This thread was 95% of information I required and used for my AOS (I read all 200+ pages at least twice). I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and shared information and experiences. This was extremely useful. I will keep reading the thread until end of FY 2011 to help anyone who is still in the middle of the process.

Some notes on the interview itself. It took a little bit more than 1 hour. IO asked to talk to me first (as principal applicant) and only after that asked to invite my wife (applied as a dependent). IO was great - asked clear questions, made some jokes, etc. He mentioned that it was quite a while since he handled a DV case last time. For that reason, he opened his PC and printed for himself a DV-specific checklist which he used throughout the interview (it was approximately 10 items in the list; I was unable (and was not trying to) read the items, but they were likely things like "check visa availability", "verify applicant is currently in status", etc). This is pretty much what IO did. We went through I-485, verified key information (dates, names, yes/no questions, etc). IO opened recent Visa Bulletin and verified visa availability by comparing my case number with current cut-off number. Asked for some originals (Passport, SSN card, I-94, etc). Asked why I want to be LPR, a few questions about history of my country and my parents. I was able to see KCC file that was a separate package, containing my name and DV case number. IO then said that it's going to access classified information (web site) to verify security clearance status, and I have to leave the room for 5-10 minutes. I left the room, waited for 10 minutes. Then we went down to invite my wife and continued interview together. He pretty much did the same for her, including access to classified information which required us to leave IO room again. After a little bit more than 10 minutes since we left his room together, he invited both of us, said "I approved your case", shown us already stamped passports with temporary I-551 and explained that it serves 3 purposes (work authorization, travel authorization, confirms our status as LPR, AFAIR). Then he asked if we have any questions. I had some, which he responded to. Then he expressed his greetings to us, shake hands and this ended the full 1-year+ process! It was a great feeling (and it is still). I'm glad that such professional people work at USCIS.

Finally, I wish good luck for everyone who is still awaiting their interview. I think DV is a great opportunity and should normally be a simple process, so don't overcomplicate things. Just read this thread, before preparing your documents and before the interview.

P.S.: FO was San Antonio, TX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Sergey.
Can you please add a signature and your details to the spreadsheet.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...Zoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

that would serve as a help for people still in process and also for next year people.

Hi Everyone,

I finally got my Interview and CPO immediately after. This thread was 95% of information I required and used for my AOS (I read all 200+ pages at least twice). I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and shared information and experiences. This was extremely useful. I will keep reading the thread until end of FY 2011 to help anyone who is still in the middle of the process.

Some notes on the interview itself. It took a little bit more than 1 hour. IO asked to talk to me first (as principal applicant) and only after that asked to invite my wife (applied as a dependent). IO was great - asked clear questions, made some jokes, etc. He mentioned that it was quite a while since he handled a DV case last time. For that reason, he opened his PC and printed for himself a DV-specific checklist which he used throughout the interview (it was approximately 10 items in the list; I was unable (and was not trying to) read the items, but they were likely things like "check visa availability", "verify applicant is currently in status", etc). This is pretty much what IO did. We went through I-485, verified key information (dates, names, yes/no questions, etc). IO opened recent Visa Bulletin and verified visa availability by comparing my case number with current cut-off number. Asked for some originals (Passport, SSN card, I-94, etc). Asked why I want to be LPR, a few questions about history of my country and my parents. I was able to see KCC file that was a separate package, containing my name and DV case number. IO then said that it's going to access classified information (web site) to verify security clearance status, and I have to leave the room for 5-10 minutes. I left the room, waited for 10 minutes. Then we went down to invite my wife and continued interview together. He pretty much did the same for her, including access to classified information which required us to leave IO room again. After a little bit more than 10 minutes since we left his room together, he invited both of us, said "I approved your case", shown us already stamped passports with temporary I-551 and explained that it serves 3 purposes (work authorization, travel authorization, confirms our status as LPR, AFAIR). Then he asked if we have any questions. I had some, which he responded to. Then he expressed his greetings to us, shake hands and this ended the full 1-year+ process! It was a great feeling (and it is still). I'm glad that such professional people work at USCIS.

Finally, I wish good luck for everyone who is still awaiting their interview. I think DV is a great opportunity and should normally be a simple process, so don't overcomplicate things. Just read this thread, before preparing your documents and before the interview.

P.S.: FO was San Antonio, TX.

1-20's

I am waiting for the numbers to be current for July.
I will be sending 1-485 and 1-765 respectively.I know its late to need EAD at this time but I am trying it anyway, it a free thing and will never use it if GC is granted.
I have 13 i-20's from previous colleges that I attended, and was asking do I need to sent/attach the 13 copies with i-485 and onother 13 for 1-765 or?

hi, yes we are EU, from the same country, I guess.
QUOTE=manaysha;2315140]Cyboe is it 2011EU23*** or you have differnet letters in you number?[/QUOTE]

My IL asked even for ADIT style photos, although USCIS stop using them in 2004. There were no single useful item listed on my IL, it was very generic. The only useful info was date, time and place.

I have another question. I was also asked to bring two passport size photos. What about yours, guys?

Thanks!

Hello friends,

I desperetly need your help. My number is AS44xxx which is pretty high and i am praying it will be current in september. We all know that its very scary being current in the last month of the DV year as there is a possibility that things get delayed and then lose the GC from being approved. Please my friends Help me get my application ready as perfect as possible in order to avoid delays and have it processed smoothly.

i am in the process of collecting all documents required to send my AoS this (july) month. I am following directions from this webpage

uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca6 0aRCRD

Are the directions on this page are correct and are they what you guys followed?

these are the items I will be including in my AOS package:

1) Copy Latest I-20 Proof of status (currently enrolled Full time)
2) Copy My Last OPT card (expired in Dec 2010)
3) Copies of all visas
4) copy of passport
5) Copy of driver license
6) Copy of Birth Certificate
7) Copy of Selection Letter
8) Copy of DOS Receipt of payment
9) Copy of the Visa Bulletin (showing that my number is current)
10) Copy of my High school Diploma
11) Copies of My college Degrees
12) 2 Passport style pictures
13) G-325a
14) Copies of all entry stamps
15) Copy of I-94
16) Sealed I-693 Medical exam
17) My check payment of 1070
18) I-485

Am I missing anything?

Is the following the correct address and way of writting on the package when sent?

USCIS
Attn: DV2011 Lottery Winner - AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thanks alot friends
Thank you