• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I feel bad that I did not include the G-1145 form with my application. I thought I can sign up for email notification online once I receive the receipt no.

dalerpulatov,

Its hard to tell who you are referring to...please reply with quote so we know who you are responding to! :) :) :)

Thanks!

Basically, I was answering Parviz's question about registering for DV 2012. However, I couldn't reply with the quote because of website.

Case Update:

4 new text message/e-mail received @ 4:51 pm confirming Acceptance for my case....

So guys, check your email/phone...

Here is the e-mail I received (total 4 with different receipt no.s):

"Dear Applicant/Petitioner:

Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number XXXXXXXXX. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit
www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your application/petition. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your application remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your application/petition must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE"

Hey congratulations with your update, I'm checking my email every day, hope will receive an email next week.

Thanks Izzy for yr answer. Wish me Luck as well, my post was arrived to Chicago at 03.October but I have not received any receipt yet...

and good luck for all of us

dalerpulatov and keepkeep,

If you read the G-1145 form/instructions, it asks you to "Clip your form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance to the first page of your application". I guess they will eventually find the form once they go through your application package. See http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Don't worry, you will get your hard copies of the NoAs eventually. With E-notification you get to know that your case has been accepted about a week before you actually get your NoAs.

Good Luck to everyone.

Mee too!! Will that delay the notification from USCIS? I haven't received any message or email from them !! >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all congrats to all that are getting their notifications already :)
Well as for me, I am very disappointed with December visas #s.. There were very little increase across the board. For SA there was not a change at all!!! :(
I don’t remember something like this happening before.. .

Hi Friends,

I need to translate my Birth Certificate and High School Diploma into English. Would it be okay if I translate them myself and attach a "Certification by Translator" signed by somebody else (like a friend) who knows both languages? I don't want to pay the so-called "professional translators" for something that is very straightforward and easy to translate.

How did you guys do your translations (if ever needed to)? I guess, in your AOS package, you can include a copy of the original document, the translated document and the "Certification by Translator" with the following format, right? :

Dear Service Center officer:
I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Date: ___________________ Signature: ____________________

Typed Name: __________________ Address:______________________

Thanks,

Hey lucky,

I translated the two documents at the office of a sworn translator when i visited my country this summer but i did not not ask him (actually "her" as gender seems a relevant topic in this forum :)) to write the two sentences for me.

I will ask a friend to sign it for me and attach a copy of the documents with the translation and the proficiency statement. Had i known it's possible to send a friend's translation, i would have definitely forgotten about the sworn translator. Format-wise, i agree with what you mentioned: Copy of original + Translation + Certification.

reptile

---- 2011AS00016xxx -----
May 06, 2010: NL1 received from KCC (Dated April 28, 2010).
May 14, 2010: DS-230, DSP-122, Barcode and Two Photos sent to KCC.
May 14, 2010: Postal Money Order (375$) + SASE + Information sheet sent to DOS.
May 21, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS (Dated May 17, 2010)
June 11, 2010: NL2 received from KCC (Dated June 04, 2010)
Aug. 07, 2010: Postal Money Order (65$) + SASE + Information sheet sent to DOS.
Aug. 07, 2010: Notification of Change of address (Mail + E-mail) sent to KCC
Aug. 09, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS for the 65$
Sep. 09, 2010: E-mail from KCC stating address was changed on file
Medicals to be done in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys try to check the status online using the receipt number they send us? our starts with MSC, but when you try to check on Uscis. gov, it says that the case numbers never start with MSC.

i tried to check the status with the confirmation number I got when I registered for DV, but it says the entry hasnt been selected. i tried to do it with the 2011EUxxx number but it said it was invalid

Hello Everyone,
I have been silently reading this forum for a while now. I would like to thank all of the contributors of this forum. I am sure you guys know what kind of great job you are doing, but nevertheless I want to say it once more EXCELLENT JOB!!
Just want to give a quick update on my case and wish all of you LUCK.

I missed the December's cut-off by just a 200, and now I am very tempted to send my application without even waiting for the next bulletin. If I understand it correct the 50 day rule is actually 90 days and if I am sure that the next months bulletin will include my number I can still send it now about 80 days in advance.