• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey leongsce,

Its good to see you around! Its nice of you to stick around and help. I hope your new green card is serving you to its full potential! :) :) :)

Hey leongsce,

Its good to see you around! Its nice of you to stick around and help. I hope your new green card is serving you to its full potential! :) :) :)

hey izzy,
thanks.
am glad that i will be able to pay it forward. i will stick around to help where i can. i'm sure capeolive will pop in once in a while too. all of us who have called this home for more than a year, and not come back to visit, will feel 'homesick'!
nice to see that all's going as planned for you.

Medical & Shot

Although my case number is high and I am expecting that the number will be current somewhere in May, 2011 I planned to complete my medical. Yesterday I went to a civil surgeon and he asked me to give two shots: TD (Tetanus-Diphtheria adult dose) and MMR (Measels Mumps & Rubella). I know the shot things different for different people. I am around 33 years old and my wife around 28. Any one has any suggestion that I should know or regarding medical is there any tips/suggestion that I should care? Tomorrow I am going to the civil surgeon again to know the result of skin test (TB). Dr told me that if the skin test is negative then I don't need the chest x-ray. Can anyone confirm if chest x-ray is mandatory or not?

Thanks

Yes, if your TB skin test is negative you do not need chest X-ray. For adults, MMR and Td or Tdap are the mandatory ones unless you fall under high risk category for HepB.

Medical & Shot

Although my case number is high and I am expecting that the number will be current somewhere in May, 2011 I planned to complete my medical. Yesterday I went to a civil surgeon and he asked me to give two shots: TD (Tetanus-Diphtheria adult dose) and MMR (Measels Mumps & Rubella). I know the shot things different for different people. I am around 33 years old and my wife around 28. Any one has any suggestion that I should know or regarding medical is there any tips/suggestion that I should care? Tomorrow I am going to the civil surgeon again to know the result of skin test (TB). Dr told me that if the skin test is negative then I don't need the chest x-ray. Can anyone confirm if chest x-ray is mandatory or not?

Thanks

Hey guys,

Any tips for reducing the civil surgeon fees? I remember some people mentioning to have paid like 180$ but forgot where.

How much did you pay? Does the Student Health Center usually provide better prices for immunizations?

Will appreciate any help.

reptile

--- 2011AS00016xxx ---
May 06, 2010: NL1 from KCC
May 14, 2010: DS-230, DSP-122, Barcode and Two Photos to KCC.
May 14, 2010: Postal Money Order (375$) to DOS.
May 21, 2010: Receipt from DOS
June 11, 2010: NL2 from KCC
Aug. 07, 2010: Postal Money Order (65$) to DOS.
Aug. 07, 2010: Notification of Change of address (Mail + E-mail) to KCC
Aug. 09, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS for 65$
Sep. 09, 2010: E-mail from KCC stating address changed on file
Medicals planned for Oct.

Any tips for reducing the civil surgeon fees? I remember some people mentioning to have paid like 180$ but forgot where.

How much did you pay? Does the Student Health Center usually provide better prices for immunizations?

Call several civil surgeons in your area. Fees vary a lot! I paid around $175. If you tell what area you live in, forum participants might be able to suggest specific civil surgeons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check local county's health department as well.

Hey guys,

reptile

--- 2011AS00016xxx ---

I did mine at a community health center where I live and with all the discounts as a student and working part time I paid less than a hundred, but I had all my immunizations.
Hey guys,

reptile

--- 2011AS00016xxx ---

It cost me $330 per person and nothing covered by insurance. But I know this cost is nothing if I can get the GC successfully... Pray for me and I am also praying for all..

Hi all,
I live on NJ area and after calling 10+ doctors I found one that charge $180 pp and for shots + blood work I used my insurance...

Hi Izzy120,

Thanks for the reply. I feel more assured now =). I did send in the extra $65 last week to be on the safe side even when the attorney kept assuring me that there was no need to pay the additional fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think school do recommend for you to have health insurance while on OPT, but apparently it is not mandatory. However, it is a good idea to have one for own safety and peace-of-mind.

Hello. Thanks a lot for help. One more question do I have to have health insurance? Thanks

Hi everyone,

I just had a quick question, when doing my I-485 packet do I need to submit copies of my wives visa, passport and birth certificate? Or will the only information they need be for me? I have create a list of items below that I am going to submit and if anyone can help me identify if I am missing anything or if my wife needs to submit these documents below that would be really helpful. Unfortunately I couldn't find any information on the posts and I have been reading through them for a while now, but they have helped me with many of my other questions.

1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status. ( Just for myself)
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80). (One for me and my wife)
3. Two identical color Photographs. (Not sure if I need photos for my wife too?)
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information. (Just one for myself)
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope. (One for me and my wife)
6. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
7. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
8. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
9. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State. (One for me and my wife)
10. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
11. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
12. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
13. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
14. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
15. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
16. Copy of Driver's License. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
17. Copy of Social Security Card. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)

18. Financial Details
18.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment.
18.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
18.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
18.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
18.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
18.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
18.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 3 Statements.

Thanks for all your help everyone and all the best of luck

Hi everyone,

I just had a quick question, when doing my I-485 packet do I need to submit copies of my wives visa, passport and birth certificate? Or will the only information they need be for me? I have create a list of items below that I am going to submit and if anyone can help me identify if I am missing anything or if my wife needs to submit these documents below that would be really helpful. Unfortunately I couldn't find any information on the posts and I have been reading through them for a while now, but they have helped me with many of my other questions.

1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status. ( Just for myself)
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80). (One for me and my wife)
3. Two identical color Photographs. (Not sure if I need photos for my wife too?)
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information. (Just one for myself)
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope. (One for me and my wife)
6. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
7. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
8. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
9. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State. (One for me and my wife)
10. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
11. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
12. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
13. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
14. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
15. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
16. Copy of Driver's License. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)
17. Copy of Social Security Card. (Not sure if I need my wife's too?)

18. Financial Details
18.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment.
18.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
18.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
18.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
18.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
18.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
18.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 3 Statements.

Thanks for all your help everyone and all the best of luck

I'm very positive that you should include copies of your wife's visa, passport and birth certificate, I-94, birth certificate, etc...Pretty much, where you mentioned "Not sure if I need my wife's too?", I would submit these items from your wife. But when you assemble your AOS package, remember to separate your files (from you, the principal applicant) from your wife's files with a rubber band or a large fastener.

You have a good comprehensive list. I can't think of anything you missed. You can compare your list with the attached cover letter from a DV-2010 winner though it also includes I-765 that you probably don't need.

Good Luck!

Hi everyone,

subywrx,
i agree with lucky2011 that you should include everything for your wife too. it is always better to be complete or supply more info than be insufficient and in the worst case scenario - they request for more info thereby delaying your case.

you will need all the documents that you noted that your were unsure whether to submit for your wife. i assure you ... you need to. the ao checked all our birth certs, passports, i94, visa stamps, etc, during the interview.

I paid $150. However, my TB test was negative. If not, I would have had a chest X-ray done, which means more more fees. There is a list of civil surgeons on the USCIS webpage.
armanio