• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

you are couple days behind me. But since the 8th we have not had any business day so do not worry. Last year it took up to 20 days in some cases. What is you current status? I notice F1 cases lasted a tad longer last year.

Yes, I'm in F-1 status. What's the reason for that delay? Honestly, by the end of next week my check will be cashed 'cos they're cashing checks faster this year than the last.

thanks izzy

I talked to one guy from previous year, and told me I needed to take the diploma to WES to verify its equivelant to US high school. he was told by USCIS , but I also never heard of it or read such thing on previous forums.Anyway thanks...

Umuteren,
So, that means we have to verify our diploma's US equivalence even if we are pursuing higher studies here. But last year nobody talked about this in the forum..

Was this guy a DV AoS applicant? I'm asking because I know that credentials evaluation is required for I-140/I-485 filing (EB~especially if the person has foreign credentials/degrees and applying based on that). Anyway, I really don't think evaluation is required for us, folks from 2010 can chime in...leongsce, NuvF and chivik...
But I guess, it wouldn't hurt to check with USCIS...

I talked to one guy from previous year, and told me I needed to take the diploma to WES to verify its equivelant to US high school. he was told by USCIS , but I also never heard of it or read such thing on previous forums.Anyway thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could do CP. Did you guys read maila's experience? CP only has one step and AOS has multiple obstacles on the way. Leaving my study at this point is not worth it for me but I am tempted.

Khayat,
There have been people who had negative experience with CP, believe, trust, have faith and be positive minded that the AoS approach that we have all taken will work perfectly well, sooner than we know, our GC will be a done deal. Positivity heals the mind......be encouraged!

You are right my friend. You are right :).

Khayat,
There have been people who had negative experience with CP, believe, trust, have faith and be positive minded that the AoS approach that we have all taken will work perfectly well, sooner than we know, our GC will be a done deal. Positivity heals the mind......be encouraged!

Khayat, I had the same thought as you. It takes so much shorter for CP, and you get interviewed in th month you are current, while AOS takes longer.I am on F1 as well, an I can not leave during the semester, and if I go home, who knows how long it might take, what do I do with school than?

I wish I could do CP. Did you guys read maila's experience? CP only has one step and AOS has multiple obstacles on the way. Leaving my study at this point is not worth it for me but I am tempted.

I am in the same boat and I have an A-number, since I am on OPT. I don't think you need to worry. I call what is going on the "1st-patch" phenomena. The number of applications received by the USCIS office starts at a very low level and within a day it exponentially increase. Think of the processing time as the inverse profile. If your application was in the 1st-patch, it will get processed extremely fast. But once it gets out of this first patch, the process is relatively much slower...
Khayat,

I'm also waiting and hopefully will get reply by this week

Khayat,

I meant "seemed like" a tad later, no biggy. There were a few known F cases

gatorchess, CoolDude and happy.

While the fastest NOA took 1 week, these guys got it between 13 -22

again I am guessing.

I am presently on F-1. It appears that this year they will be faster in processing the applications irrespective of the status class/type, my reason; i just received Form I-797C -Notice of Action (NOA) for my I-485, I-131 & I-765 applications. it was delivered to my mailbox at 2pm today. This is merely to encourage everyone and for us to keep our hopes alive and believe that the best is yet to come.

Hey Guys,

Which is the correct phone number to ask about AOS and OPT (Optional Practical Training for F1 students)??
I am calling the USCIS National number but there is not a menu to speak with a Customer Service

Did anyione else received the NOAs today? nothing came in my mail box, maybe tommorow and still no check cashed :( still waiting

Hey Tuscany,

Did you have an A number? Your case number is really low too tho

Khayat,

I am presently on F-1. It appears that this year they will be faster in processing the applications irrespective of the status class/type, my reason; i just received Form I-797C -Notice of Action (NOA) for my I-485, I-131 & I-765 applications. it was delivered to my mailbox at 2pm today. This is merely to encourage everyone and for us to keep our hopes alive and believe that the best is yet to come.

Natta,
i would not worry about the check cashed. your application is already sent to NBC when you get the acceptance. Did you have an A number?

Khayat, I had the same thought as you. It takes so much shorter for CP, and you get interviewed in th month you are current, while AOS takes longer.I am on F1 as well, an I can not leave during the semester, and if I go home, who knows how long it might take, what do I do with school than?

Hey Armanio,

Thanks, I think you are right, It also depends on who processes your application.
One of the main things that lockbox does is the data entry using scanning and manual input. That might take longer if one has no info in their system. People with A number have a file already in the system.

could you setup your signature so we know what your status is?

I am in the same boat and I have an A-number, since I am on OPT. I don't think you need to worry. I call what is going on the "1st-patch" phenomena. The number of applications received by the USCIS office starts at a very low level and within a day it exponentially increase. Think of the processing time as the inverse profile. If your application was in the 1st-patch, it will get processed extremely fast. But once it gets out of this first patch, the process is relatively much slower...

Natta I am exactly in the same situation.
Perhaps that's better to go back to home country and do CP.
With AOS, we can not work, neither travel...

I have a work permit valid till january 2011 and about traveling, I was home in may this year and do not plan to go till next summer
Natta I am exactly in the same situation.
Perhaps that's better to go back to home country and do CP.
With AOS, we can not work, neither travel...