• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey Izzy,
AoS mailed date/received date is missing from your signature.

Hey Tuscany, Frenchiechs & feel,

Thanks for looking out...great to have friends like you. :) :) :)

Its nice to know that most of us are on the right track...great job guys!!! Things will start coming soon...

Others who have just joined the forum, Hearty Congratulations and Welcome!!! Please tell us a bit about yourself (i.e, case number range, local USCIS office, NL1 & NL2 received date, AoS mailed, etc.) by adding the info to your signature: FORUM ACTIONS>EDIT PROFILE> EDIT SIGNATURE> Enter your info> SAVE and check "show signature" when you post messages. This will make it easier for us to help you.

NirvanaGrunger,

Congrats and Welcome to the forum!

I am just adding to what others have said:

1. There is no telling when exactly you will receive your Work Permit, Travel Permit or your GC, I have seen in past that some have received GC before work permit and vice versa. I would say for the whole process (from looking at past years' cases) it can take anywhere from 2.5 months (at least) to 9 months (at most) depending on individual cases, name check being a major reason for possible delays, you just need to be aggressive and "informed" about the whole process and keep USCIS "in the loop". Capeolive recently posted a timeline from last year's cases, that will give you some insight.
2. You cannot travel while your AoS is pending unless you have acquired a travel permit. When do you plan on traveling? If it is an urgent matter, you may want to do an info-pass and speak with a USCIS officer (preferably a supervisor) to discuss your options while your case is pending. I would say wait until you get your Notice of Action or at least the receipt number before you go take a trip to USCIS.

Please respond to me :(

1. I am sending WOrk Permit and Tavel Permit forms with my i-485. I sent all my forms today. During this long process, according to your experiences, will I receive Work permit at the END of the process? or before receiving GreenCArd will they send me WORK permit? If yes, it takes 1months,2 months, or ???

2. I can not travel outside of US before they send me Travel permit, is that right?? How long does it take that I receive Travel Permit?

I need to know about these. Thanks!

Hi feel,

I see you have missed me tremendously!!! Thanks for all the messages full of concerns...:p :p :p :p

I wanted to answer some questions before I worked on my case...:D

Hey Izzy,
AoS mailed date/received date is missing from your signature.

Natta,

Give them another week, I am sure we will hear from them by the end of next week. Once they have gone through our applications and have "accepted" our cases, then they will text/e-mail us. I know it seems like a long wait, but you will get it before you know it!

Hey guys, any response from the Lockbox? I also attached the G1145 form so they can notify me by email or text message, but nothing till now, I keep checking the email, phone and bank account few times a day, but no change :( I hate wait.

Like everyone, here is the update on my case:

AoS package mailed to 131 South Dearborn...on 30th via FedEx Overnight, received by Chicago lockbox on Oct 1 @ 10 am by J. Chybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Your Information:

I am sure many of you know about this but here it is anyway for those who don't:

1. You can check your case status (once you get your receipt number) @ https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

2. You can create your own account now and enter your case information (once you get your receipt number) and sign up to receive case updates here:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

3. General Information from USCIS: While My Case is Pending:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=7cd99ddf801b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Highlights from the above link:

~USCIS offers a variety of additional services while a case is pending. Call USCIS customer service (1-800-375-5283) to access these services.
Note: USCIS does not research the status of cases that are within the normal processing times.

~Notify USCIS if your circumstances unexpectedly change, such as:
* You have moved and want to know how to give USCIS your new address
* Notify USCIS if you notice an error in our correspondence, such as:
-You found an error in the information on the last notice we sent you
-You found an error on a document we issued.

~Notify USCIS if you are concerned you haven't received something important from us, such as:
* You mailed your application or petition more than 30 days ago to a Service Center or to our National Benefit Center, and have not yet received a receipt in the mail
* You did not get any other kind of notice and you have a receipt number but "My Case Status" states that we sent you a notice (other than the receipt notice) more than 14 days ago
* You filed several related cases together and are concerned because you received a decision about some of the cases but not the others
* You submitted original documents with your case and you want to request documents be returned to you while your case is pending. (We recommend you wait until the case is finished to ask for the return of original documents to avoid unexpected delays in your case.)

Welcome back Izzy120....now lets look for khayat

Folks!

I was out of town and away for a while so I couldn't contribute and I apologize for that... but I am sure other gurus on this thread have managed it very well without me :D :D :D

I have yet to read and catch up on this thread...

Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks Izzy, Yes I know, but I thought we will get something earlier, cause last year some people got accepted after 4, 5 days , so I thought maybe it will be the same this year. Lets wait together. Good to see you back :)
Natta,

Give them another week, I am sure we will hear from them by the end of next week. Once they have gone through our applications and have "accepted" our cases, then they will text/e-mail us. I know it seems like a long wait, but you will get it before you know it!

AOS Package Sent to Chicago

Hi Everybody! I just mailed out the AOS package and now playing the waiting game. Just thought of joining this thread...

2011AS00006XXX
05/04/10: NL1 received
05/28/10: Forms sent
06/01/10: Medicals done
07/01/10: NL2 received
08/13/10: Fee sent (440/-)
08/30/10: Receipt received with PAID stamp.
Current in October
10/06/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (G-1145, I-485, G-325A, I-693, I-131, I-765)

Welcome to the forum ssj1, and good luck with your process.

Hi Everybody! I just mailed out the AOS package and now playing the waiting game. Just thought of joining this thread...

2011AS00006XXX
Current in October
10/06/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (G-1145, I-485, G-325A, I-693, I-131, I-765)

Hi Forum friends! I can see this forum is getting pretty busy! Maybe we will have more pages than AOS 2010 ;)!
Well, I am looking foward for the next visa bulletin because my SA# has a slight chance of being curent in December. Anyone else in the same situation?

NL 2 is second notification letter basically telling you that your intention to adjust status has been received by KCC and that your case has been transferred to USCIS.

It's not important, though.

For Your Information:

I am sure many of you know about this but here it is anyway for those who don't:

1. You can check your case status (once you get your receipt number) @ https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

2. You can create your own account now and enter your case information (once you get your receipt number) and sign up to receive case updates here:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

3. General Information from USCIS: While My Case is Pending:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=7cd99ddf801b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Highlights from the above link:

~USCIS offers a variety of additional services while a case is pending. Call USCIS customer service (1-800-375-5283) to access these services.
Note: USCIS does not research the status of cases that are within the normal processing times.

~Notify USCIS if your circumstances unexpectedly change, such as:
* You have moved and want to know how to give USCIS your new address
* Notify USCIS if you notice an error in our correspondence, such as:
-You found an error in the information on the last notice we sent you
-You found an error on a document we issued.

~Notify USCIS if you are concerned you haven't received something important from us, such as:
* You mailed your application or petition more than 30 days ago to a Service Center or to our National Benefit Center, and have not yet received a receipt in the mail
* You did not get any other kind of notice and you have a receipt number but "My Case Status" states that we sent you a notice (other than the receipt notice) more than 14 days ago
* You filed several related cases together and are concerned because you received a decision about some of the cases but not the others
* You submitted original documents with your case and you want to request documents be returned to you while your case is pending. (We recommend you wait until the case is finished to ask for the return of original documents to avoid unexpected delays in your case.)

Happy to see you here, thank you so much for the post.

2011AS00006XXX
Current in October

Welcome ssj1.

This forum will help us very much to our journey.

Hey Izzy,

When we do "ADD CASE" they ask the receipt number.

This receipt number will sent fron CHICAGO, when they open our AOS package, correct?

For Your Information:

1. You can check your case status (once you get your receipt number) @

Once you get NOA ( hence receipt number) you will be able to add your case. Wait couple more days/weeks...:) Good luck!

Hey Izzy,

When we do "ADD CASE" they ask the receipt number.

This receipt number will sent fron CHICAGO, when they open our AOS package, correct?

Hi ssj1,

Hearty Congratulations on being selected for 2011 DV and warm welcome to the forum. Its good to see more people coming in to this thread. :)

2011AS00006XXX
Current in October