• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

This issue about whether or not to send DSP122 has been raised many times and been answered before. It is very confusing as neither DOS nor USCIS websites are clear in addressing this issue. But the fact of the matter is, you have to find out for yourself. I was also in your position and I had many questions like you do. So, I called AND e-mailed KCC and USCIS more than one time (in fact every day) to ensure what I had to do. Either CP or AOS, they told me one thing for sure, I had to at least send in my DSP 122. They told me that this way, they knew that I wanted to pursue further with my DV (since not everyone will pursue it) and that way they can send you the second letter confirming your decision to do either CP or AOS (if you wrote "BCIS" on no. 4 on DSP 122). Then they will create a file for you and when the time comes and once you have made your payment to DOS for the DV processing fee, they will transfer your file to local USCIS office near you live (or to the office you indicated on your DSP 122 no. 4) once they (USCIS) request it.

Again, YOU need to find out what you need to do either by calling KCC or by e-mailing them. If you don't send them anything, they won't do anything period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, my wife is pregnant and I am afraid she can not do the I 693 because of vaccinations and stuff... has anybody gone thru this? What are my options? Should I stop dreaming about AOS because my wife is pregnant?

Moye

Don't stop dreaming. One day I was reading something about vaccination (probably in this forum) there I read that there are some case when you can get waiver. Please google for that. I think for your wife you don't need to worry.

Sagar,

In general AOS takes more time compare to GC. Thats why it will be better if you can do CP.

Hi everybody, as you see the date on my signature, I sent the ds122 and 230 in May. But I havent received the Second NL. Should I start worrying ?? what do you think ???

Hi everybody, as you see the date on my signature, I sent the ds122 and 230 in May. But I havent received the Second NL. Should I start worrying ?? what do you think ???

Why don't you give them a call and find out what's going on? Do you know if they received your forms?

Why don't you give them a call and find out what's going on? Do you know if they received your forms?

Hi izzy, i got ur advise and called them. They said, they sent the letter yesterday, so it was a good idea to call them :) thanks anyway ...

New Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge!!!

Hello people,

Wondering why the mentions of the $375 fee have disappeared? Look at what I just found out:

travel.state.gov/news/news_5078.html

The Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge changes from $375 to $440 on July 13, 2010
Well besides the bad news for people's pockets, what happens when we already sent the $375 fee and got the receipt?
Should we now pay the difference, as we have to bring the receipt at our interview obviously after July 13?
Or will that receipt be accepted as it was stamped before July 13?

Hello people,

Wondering why the mentions of the $375 fee have disappeared? Look at what I just found out:

travel.state.gov/news/news_5078.html

The Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge changes from $375 to $440 on July 13, 2010
Well besides the bad news for people's pockets, what happens when we already sent the $375 fee and got the receipt?
Should we now pay the difference, as we have to bring the receipt at our interview obviously after July 13?
Or will that receipt be accepted as it was stamped before July 13?

Yeah, obviously they will probably hold on to our files until we have paid the difference. I don't know how this works either. Its probably wise to buzz them and find out. Plus the USCIS proposes to increase their fees too, learned this from 2010 AOS forum:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=5b33aca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

So, keep your eyes open guys.

OK guys, here is the previous link with DOS fees (that was not working before) that is up and running:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm

Although it still shows $375 for DV Processing Fees, be careful and read where it says:

"Important Notice - New Immigrant Application Fees: Immigrant visa application processing fees and other immigrant visa services fees will change on July 13, 2010, and immigrant visa application processing fees will be tiered. (There will no longer be one single visa application fee for all immigrant categories.) See the Press Release. Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees. (Review additional information, including a cost of service study on the www.Regulations.gov website.)"

So, I went ahead and called KCC and inquired about the new fee. The lady told me that I will be required to pay the difference even if I had made a payment prior to July 13, 2010. Plus I checked with my bank and the cashier's check has not been cashed yet, so I am hoping it will either come back or they will ask for the difference.

Anybody called KCC about the same? Please do share any information you have.

Dear ALL,
I just received my 2NL today. Since i am in an F1 Visa Status her in the US, i have decided to go for AOS. The problem is i am trying to travel to london this august(just for 2 weeks) and was wondering if it would be a problem for me while i enter the US again. Since i got the 2NL and this shows immigration intent. I heard they can also deport you from the port of entry if you have applied for a DV lottery and got the 2NL already.I havent submitted my DOS fee yet...just received the 2NL. Please reply. Thank you for all your help.

Thanks for sharing Izzy120.

I already received the 375$ stamped confirmation from DOS. I will phone KCC on Monday to double check concerning this. Will keep you posted.

@sdang003: I have exactly the same situation as you (traveling back to my country in August for two weeks).

I've heard two opinions:
a. Immigration intent is only explicit when you file your i-485 with USCIS (which obviously is not the case yet).
b. It is advised not to leave the US after you start the DV process (not sure how "tough" this requirement is).

If you find a conclusive answer, please share.

reptile

May 06, 2010: NL1 received from KCC
May 14, 2010: DS-230, DSP-122, Barcode and Two Photos sent to KCC.
May 14, 2010: Postal Money Order (375$)
May 21, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS
June 11, 2010: NL2 received from KCC

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Reptile and Izzy120,

Its been a while since I last log-in and btw aos 2010 and aos 2011forums I had lots of pages to catch up. Anyways, I also need to know if I need to pay the difference to the DOS. I just sent KCC an email and as soon as I hear from them I will post their reply on this forum. Reptile- I did not see your DV2011 # in your signature. Do you have an stimate on when you would be current? My number, based on previous years, will be current as early as january or as late as April. I can see base on Izzy120 DV# she will among the first ones to get the GC :).
Thanks,

R2010
Thanks for sharing Izzy120.

I already received the 375$ stamped confirmation from DOS. I will phone KCC on Monday to double check concerning this. Will keep you posted.

@sdang003: I have exactly the same situation as you (traveling back to my country in August for two weeks).

I've heard two opinions:
a. Immigration intent is only explicit when you file your i-485 with USCIS (which obviously is not the case yet).
b. It is advised not to leave the US after you start the DV process (not sure how "tough" this requirement is).

If you find a conclusive answer, please share.

reptile

Hi guys,

I am checking my status at dvlottery site. I have been selected and recieved KCC letter but when I enter my information it says that you have not been selected. anyone has any difficulty like this?

thanks

@R2010: My number is 2011AS00016xxx. Guess i will be current in April. Your number (8xx) is really low. Why would it take so long? I thought they took similar numbers from SA and AS.

@js7: Yes you're right, I have tried it yesterday and it did not work for me neither (the website says i was not selected). It is either because their page is not final yet (i remember seeing on the screen a sentence asking to click on a link to go back and the link was not even there) or they have something wrong. I dont think this is a big issue. As long as we have a selectee number (2011AS00016xxx), we should be fine.

reptile

AOS - 2011AS000016xxx

Hi all,
I got the first letter with the bar code in the beginning of May. A couple of weeks later I mailed DSP122 & Photos (me and my wife) & Barcode Sheet to KCC. I called and confirmed receipt and was told to wait until my case becomes current. Still haven't received anything else... Am I supposed to receive a second package?? When should I pay the AOS fee I will be doing AOS??
Am I missing something here?
Thanks

Hi guys,

I am checking my status at dvlottery site. I have been selected and recieved KCC letter but when I enter my information it says that you have not been selected. anyone has any difficulty like this?

thanks

Same here. It is annoying, but it seems that this has happened to some in both last and this year.

2011AS00003XXX
05/07/10: NL1 received
06/06/10: DV fee ($375 x 2) sent to DOS
06/15/10: Received a receipt from DOS for the DV fee
06/26/10: DS230 & DSP122, a photo, and the barcode sheet sent to KCC
07/02/10: Another letter from KCC acknowledging my intention to apply for AOS