• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi all,
I got the first letter with the bar code in the beginning of May. A couple of weeks later I mailed DSP122 & Photos (me and my wife) & Barcode Sheet to KCC. I called and confirmed receipt and was told to wait until my case becomes current. Still haven't received anything else... Am I supposed to receive a second package?? When should I pay the AOS fee I will be doing AOS??
Am I missing something here?
Thanks

Some of us (doing AOS) have already received the NL2s, did you mention to KCC that you will be doing AOS? You may call again and see if they will answer your question. They may probably be thinking that you are doing CP. If nothing else, just wait a little longer, KCC is probably being flooded with all the forms and inquiries they receive everyday. It is advisable that you pay AOS fee around the time you will be current depending on your number (about a month or so earlier so that you have your receipt at hand to include it with your AOS package). But many have went ahead and done it in advance to get it out of the way. So, its personal preference and depends on your case number (Hence, we ask everyone to add their case details in their signature so we call answer your questions better). BTW, I hope you are aware of the new fees for AOS which increased from $375 to $440 effective July 13th, 2010.

Dear Reptile and Izzy120,

Its been a while since I last log-in and btw aos 2010 and aos 2011forums I had lots of pages to catch up. Anyways, I also need to know if I need to pay the difference to the DOS. I just sent KCC an email and as soon as I hear from them I will post their reply on this forum. Reptile- I did not see your DV2011 # in your signature. Do you have an stimate on when you would be current? My number, based on previous years, will be current as early as january or as late as April. I can see base on Izzy120 DV# she will among the first ones to get the GC :).
Thanks,

R2010

Welcome Back R2010!

I hope what you say is true, just a matter of time.

It is very confusing, their website says "Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees." Whereas, the lady I spoke to said that I will be required to pay the difference. I am eager to hear what they tell you guys (you can mention the same statement from the website if they tell you that you need to pay the difference and see what they say). I just hope that they let us know if we need to pay the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi izzy, i got ur advise and called them. They said, they sent the letter yesterday, so it was a good idea to call them :) thanks anyway ...

umuteren,

No worries. I know clock starts to tick in slow-mo for every second of your life when something you expect doesn't happen on time :D So, congrats on the NL2. Hope you get it in your hands soon.

Hey guys,

Have you checked the updated DOS website? www travel state gov/visa/visa_4760 html

Do we need police certificates as part of our AOS documents? If this is the case, i think this step may require a lot of time in the US.

reptile

AOS - 2011AS000016xxx
May 06, 2010: NL1 received from KCC
May 14, 2010: DS-230, DSP-122, Barcode and Two Photos sent to KCC.
May 14, 2010: Postal Money Order (375$)
May 21, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS
June 11, 2010: NL2 received from KCC

And btw, i just called KCC and the (really nice) representative told me i need to pay the difference if my interview falls after July 13 (which is obviously the case).

reptile

AOS - 2011AS000016xxx
May 06, 2010: NL1 received from KCC
May 14, 2010: DS-230, DSP-122, Barcode and Two Photos sent to KCC.
May 14, 2010: Postal Money Order (375$)
May 21, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS
June 11, 2010: NL2 received from KCC

And btw, i just called KCC and the (really nice) representative told me i need to pay the difference if my interview falls after July 13 (which is obviously the case).

reptile

Do you know how we should pay for the difference?
Do we have to send out cashier's check and self-addressed envelope again like the first time?
Thanks.

keepkeep

Dear forum friends,
I am yet to receive an email from KCC regarding my question on the new lottery fees. I really don’t want to take any chances and I will send the money difference after July 13. I am thinking to print the same paper and send a check with the difference and also include: a copy of my first payment, a self address envelope and perhaps a print out from the internet explaining the new immigration fees.
REPTILE: even though my SA # is 8XX. The average for the SA selectees is only 1500. Every year they only call 400 to 500 visas numbers for the first 2 to 3 months. I guess me and you just need to wait a little bit.
I also check my status online and it says I have not been selected but I am not really worry about it becauce received the 1st and 2nd letters from KCC already and I have call them numerous time and they checked my name my records.. so it must be a glitch in the system.

Some of us (doing AOS) have already received the NL2s, did you mention to KCC that you will be doing AOS? You may call again and see if they will answer your question. They may probably be thinking that you are doing CP. If nothing else, just wait a little longer, KCC is probably being flooded with all the forms and inquiries they receive everyday. It is advisable that you pay AOS fee around the time you will be current depending on your number (about a month or so earlier so that you have your receipt at hand to include it with your AOS package). But many have went ahead and done it in advance to get it out of the way. So, its personal preference and depends on your case number (Hence, we ask everyone to add their case details in their signature so we call answer your questions better). BTW, I hope you are aware of the new fees for AOS which increased from $375 to $440 effective July 13th, 2010.

How should one mention to KCC they're doing AOS? Isn't paying the $375 enough?

Dear forum friends,
I am yet to receive an email from KCC regarding my question on the new lottery fees. I really don’t want to take any chances and I will send the money difference after July 13. I am thinking to print the same paper and send a check with the difference and also include: a copy of my first payment, a self address envelope and perhaps a print out from the internet explaining the new immigration fees.
REPTILE: even though my SA # is 8XX. The average for the SA selectees is only 1500. Every year they only call 400 to 500 visas numbers for the first 2 to 3 months. I guess me and you just need to wait a little bit.
I also check my status online and it says I have not been selected but I am not really worry about it becauce received the 1st and 2nd letters from KCC already and I have call them numerous time and they checked my name my records.. so it must be a glitch in the system.

I just called the KCC, and the officer said that I need to send another cashier's check in the amount of $65 (the fee difference) like the first time, along with the form and self addressed envelope.
They will then stamp the form and send it to us as our receipt.
The procedure is the same as the first payment.

I just called the KCC, and the officer said that I need to send another cashier's check in the amount of $65 (the fee difference) like the first time, along with the form and self addressed envelope.
They will then stamp the form and send it to us as our receipt.
The procedure is the same as the first payment.

But you received the receipt already... does everyone who paid already have to send the extra $65?

On a separate note, where do you see online when you're being called?

But you received the receipt already... does everyone who paid already have to send the extra $65?

On a separate note, where do you see online when you're being called?

I already received the first receipt, but they will give you the second receipt for the additional $65 once you pay the difference.
The process will be exactly the same as the first one. That's what he told me.
What do you mean "being called?"

I already received the first receipt, but they will give you the second receipt for the additional $65 once you pay the difference.
The process will be exactly the same as the first one. That's what he told me.
What do you mean "being called?"

That wasn't you speaking but that's what I'm refering to: I also check my status online and it says I have not been selected

@keepkeep

Indeed, this is what i was told as well when i phoned KCC.

Is anyone aware of other changes that were made recently?

That wasn't you speaking but that's what I'm refering to: I also check my status online and it says I have not been selected

Don't worry about the status online. As long as you received the 1st NL via regular mail, you are selected for sure.
I lost my confirmation number so I can't check, but I'm not worried.
Some people called KCC and KCC told them that checking online is unnecessary when you already have the 1st NL.

Not really ! What changes are you reffering to? Maybe you can place the web-site link...... Thanks, R2010.
@keepkeep

Indeed, this is what i was told as well when i phoned KCC.

Is anyone aware of other changes that were made recently?

Don't worry about the status online. As long as you received the 1st NL via regular mail, you are selected for sure.
I lost my confirmation number so I can't check, but I'm not worried.
Some people called KCC and KCC told them that checking online is unnecessary when you already have the 1st NL.

Ok thanks, I thought it was about the number being current... thanks.

Description of Service and Fee Amount

Filing an immigrant visa petition (Collected for USCIS and subject to change)
Petition to classify status of alien relative for issuance of immigrant visa, select USCIS, Form I-130 for fees and form.
Petition to classify orphan as an immediate relative, select USCIS, Form I-600 for fees and form.
Petition to classify Convention Adoptee as an immediate relative, select USCIS, Form I-800 for fees and form.
Immigrant visa application processing fee (non-refundable, per person), Form DS-230: $355.00
Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge for immigrant visa application (non-refundable, per person applying as a result of the lottery program): $375.00
Immigrant visa security surcharge, for all IV and DV applicants: $45.00
Affidavit of Support Review (only when AOS is reviewed domestically), Form I-864 : $70.00

Hmmm does the last one not also apply to us AOS?