• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Everyone,
i am new to this thing !!!congratulations to all!!!!

I got a 1 st letter from KCC 2 days ago and got confused with all the information.I have been in the US for 3 years by extending my I-20 form.At the same time i applied for asylym in 2008 and got a denial!Do i have chances to apply and go through AOS or what are my options??

i would appreciate any help!
Thanks

On your 1st NL letter it should provide your region and case number. It would be helpful if you posted your case number and region on here to confirm if its possible to do an AOS.

Thanks for response!!!!I think it is not safe to do CP, AOS is the only option since i was extending my I-20 here and plus tried asalym!

sure,it is 2011EU00020***!
As i understood correctly my next step is to send a form DS-122 +2 pics+barcode to KCC and wait for the 2nd letter???I dont need to pay any fees now or i should pay $375 fee when i send my forms??

thanks again

I found this website a couple of weeks ago, and have been reading DV 2010 AOS only and 2011 AOS only. I just wanted to thank all of you who answered the previous questions. These are very helpful! Right now, I'm collecting the documents I need for AOS package. My CN is AS9XXX, so it will probably be current around January or a little later. I'll keep checking this Forum for further information.

Good luck to all of you!

yoyoko

mechta

Regarding the 2nd NL form KCC. “You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) “Notification Letter” we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence……..” I just came back from the local USCIS. I spoke with the supervisor, and he told me: “It is confusion. You must submit this letter with your AOS package”. He gave me a package of forms and said Good Luck! That’s all!!! After reading “DV 2010 AOS only” nothing was new for me. :)

Hi and congratulation to all DV2011 winners! I am glad to see that we have new ones in this forum. I also notice that same of you did not include your signature yet. We will need a lot help and support from each other through out this process and it will be helpfull to see each other progress!
Thanx!

You know, Izzy120, the more I read the instruction, the more I get confused. That really bothers me. But thank you again and I really appreciate that!

guys, how do you fill in the forms in pdf format or you do hand writing??

thanks

You can fill up the forms on your computer or you can hand write it as long as they are legible. The DSP 122 form is not fillable in your computer, so you will have to fill it out by hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the 2nd NL form KCC. “You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) “Notification Letter” we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence……..” I just came back from the local USCIS. I spoke with the supervisor, and he told me: “It is confusion. You must submit this letter with your AOS package”. He gave me a package of forms and said Good Luck! That’s all!!! After reading “DV 2010 AOS only” nothing was new for me. :)

Thanks for letting us know. I was not sure if going to USCIS would be of any help as reading from other members on this forum, it didn't look like it was going to be much help at all. As long as you have been in the US in legal status and have not violated your status, I think it will be fine. I think that is the bottom line for why DOS wants us to ensure we can adjust to status. Yeah, newcomers here definitely need to do their homework/research and do some reading from the 2010 AOS only thread to get a better idea about how this process works.

Thanks for response!!!!I think it is not safe to do CP, AOS is the only option since i was extending my I-20 here and plus tried asalym!

sure,it is 2011EU00020***!
As i understood correctly my next step is to send a form DS-122 +2 pics+barcode to KCC and wait for the 2nd letter???I dont need to pay any fees now or i should pay $375 fee when i send my forms??

thanks again

Yes, it is entirely upto you plus your situation on how you want to pursue this.

Yes, your next step would be to send in the forms to KCC asap but make sure you take your time in filling it up and ensure its accuracy and completeness. You can send in $375 now to DOS or later. It does not matter when you send it in, but do make sure that you have the receipt for it back on time to send it with your AOS package to USCIS when your number becomes current. BTW, you send the fee to a different address from the ones for your forms. Here is the link with the address and detailed information on sending the fee:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

Make sure you write your case number on the money order/cashier's check and you send in a self-addressed stamped envelope with it. DOS will return this form marked as "paid" which you will need for your AOS package.

I mailed DS-122 + attachments to DOS on May 14 but did not receive a 2nd NL. Should I expect one soon?

Thanks,

If you sent in your forms recently, wait for a few weeks. When I called KCC, I was told that we will start getting 2nd letter based on first come first served basis. If not, you can always call KCC to ensure that they have received your forms and when you can expect to get your 2nd letter in the mail.

You know, Izzy120, the more I read the instruction, the more I get confused. That really bothers me. But thank you again and I really appreciate that!

Ask questions when you are confused. We all have been there and still are trying to figure this out. Nothing is written in stone and everything is gray when it comes to immigration. KCC will tell you to contact USCIS and vice versa. In terms of AOS, KCC will not have much information to provide you except to ask you to call USCIS, and since not all USCIS customer service reps. are that informed about DV cases, they will not give you a crystal clear idea about it except to ask you to visit a local USCIS office near you. And we have seen what local USCIS say/do when you actually go there. The DV 2010 and 2009 AOS only guys have done a great job in providing us some direction and I have been seeing cases being approved left and right. So, definitely do your homework (which you are), read these threads, there are unique cases and situations which may or may not apply to you, question being asked and answered which I am sure will help you in the long run in this matter and definitely ask questions. We will all be together in this at least for some time.

Please add your case information to your signature

It is nice to see people coming in, helping each other and expanding this thread. It would be really nice to others and helpful to you if you could provide your case information in your signature.

Thanks and good luck!

Thank you Lucky2011.

I will do that ASAP.

Just out of curiosity, can you or anyone point me to where in any of the documentation is the $375 mentioned? I'm just curious as to why I can't find that information.

If this is of any help to you, following is an e-mail from KCC which states what the DOS fee is. This e-mail is dated May 6, 2010:

"...If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $375.00 per person directly to the Department of State. Information regarding where this fee should be paid is included in your information packet. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. (Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.) Also, please forward the completed DSP-122 form back to KCC. This will allow the next instruction letter to be processed to you.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000 ...."

I didn't receive any "information packet" but the link I posted on my previous posts will guide you.

Me too. I did receive an email stating that I was selected for further processing but my letter was returned to them. I called them but was advised to check the website given in the email. So, what should I do to get the notification letter again? I think I need one to apply for I-485, don't I ? Also can I apply for AOS of my wife in the same application packet? Her name was included while I filled out the lottery form. Thanks for any information.

I think if you are already in US , you simply go ahead and pay $375 per person to DOS and apply for I-485 with all reqd documentations. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Me too. I did receive an email stating that I was selected for further processing but my letter was returned to them. I called them but was advised to check the website given in the email. So, what should I do to get the notification letter again? I think I need one to apply for I-485, don't I ? Also can I apply for AOS of my wife in the same application packet? Her name was included while I filled out the lottery form. Thanks for any information.

Yeah, I saw your post on the 2010 forum. Can you tell us how the e-mail looks like and the e-mail address that sent you the notification. Does it have a case number, your full name and post? It would be helpful if you could copy and paste the whole e-mail with your personal info X'ed out. That way we can help you better. July 1st is not far, so you can wait till then and check online with your confirmation number to see if you won.

Yes, you definitely need your NL1 to send with you AOS package. AOS forms for you and all dependents must be sent in one package if you are applying together for AOS.

Last edited by a moderator: