• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi leongsce and NuvF

I appreciate your kindly answer:) The 2nd letter do ask me to go to local USCIS and inform them I intend to adjust status. I will go to USCIS today. I will read the 2010 AOS forum and try to understand the process. Hopefully, they won't ask me go home and come back on October. When I got my 1st KCC letter, I went yo local office and they did nothing but just asked me come back on October.......

Thanks again! Have a nice weekend

Regards

Aken

aken,
you should follow the instructions given to you in the 2nd nl ... go to your local uscis office with a ciopy of your 1st nl. they will probably want a copy of your 1st nl. just make copies of both nl's and bring them with you. the first time you went to your local office and they asked you to return again later was probably because your case was still under kcc jurisdiction. only after kcc acknowledges that they will no longer handle your case and will transfer your case to uscis (which is in the 2nd nl) that they will likely entertain you now.
good luck.

leongsce, I just received my NL2 as well, but I have not paid the fee yet, hence, I am assuming KCC has not transferred my file to USCIS...Should I first send the payment and then go to the USCIS or it doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance!

Sure, I understand, but I was just mentioning the 'reality' of it....

few facts....

1) KCC NL1 & NL2 has nothing to do with USCIS now, just are supporting materials for your info which you need to include with your i-485 later.

2) The DV file with KCC is sent to the USCIS local office only when your # is appeared on VB (after Oct 1st), and only if KCC has confirmation of your $375 payment.

3) DV 2011 should NOT send their i-485 until after Oct 1st (even if you see your # in VB s released in Aug & Sept), and later after Oct 1st, only after you see your # in the VB.

Best !

Hi leongsce and NuvF

I appreciate your kindly answer:) The 2nd letter do ask me to go to local USCIS .......

Last edited by a moderator:
leongsce, I just received my NL2 as well, but I have not paid the fee yet, hence, I am assuming KCC has not transferred my file to USCIS...Should I first send the payment and then go to the USCIS or it doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Izzy120,

The USCIS will request your files from KCC after you file your AOS petition. It is important that the payment is done by then, otherwise KCC will not release your file until a payment is received.

Many AOS applicants like to send the payment receipt in the AOS package, it is not mandatory but it doesn't hurt either. In such case you should send your payment earlier so you can get the receipt by the time that you are ready to mail your AOS package.

Does it make sense?

Sure it does, I wanted to get the NL2 before I sent the payment to DOS (I don't know why, as it does not matter). I will be sending it by the end of June. Thanks for all your help and advice!!! :D

Hi leongsce and NuvF

I appreciate your kindly answer:) The 2nd letter do ask me to go to local USCIS and inform them I intend to adjust status. I will go to USCIS today. I will read the 2010 AOS forum and try to understand the process. Hopefully, they won't ask me go home and come back on October. When I got my 1st KCC letter, I went yo local office and they did nothing but just asked me come back on October.......

Thanks again! Have a nice weekend

Regards

Aken

Hello Aken,

Unless you have doubts whether you can or can't apply under AOS then you don't need to go to the Local Office at this point. I suggest that you read the threads from previous years so you will have a clearer view of the process and take your time to get all the needed documentation ready.

Good luck!

Dear all,

I also received 2NL confirming my AOS intention since 2 days ago.
But I don't know why we (DV2011) received it too earlier in comparison with former DV2010 group.

I have questions regarding this letter.

1. 2NL said ...You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status.
You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2010 until September 30, 2011. However, your status must be adjusted by September 30, 2011 as DV-2011 expires on that date.
2. It also said ...Please be advised that the Department of State Diversity Visa fee must be paid in full before case can be transferred to USCIS.
3. It also said ...Please do not contact the KCC regarding your case or that of your family. The KCC has now completed its processing of your case, any further inquiries should be addressed to the USCIS.

Please advise. Thank you so much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CN: 2011AS000xxxxx
10/17/2009: entered DV2011
05/10/2010: rcvd NL1 (date on 05/04/2010) (1. notification letter + 2. bar code + 3. return label)
05/11/2010: sent back to KCC (DSP-122 + bar code + return label + 2 photos)
05/12/2010: KCC rcvd my return (notified by UPS)
06/11/2010: rcvd NL2 via "Fedex" (date on 06/04/2010) (1. notification letter confirming my AOS intention + 2. PC-160 paper regarding to DV fee)

Question about Reciept:

Hi all,

I recently sent the DV lottery fee to MO. I did not receive a receipt rather the letter that used to sent the fee with was mailed back stampe "paid on June 7th"
My question is, am I supposed to receive an official receipt or does this suffice? Does anyone know how the receipt for DV lottery fee look like? Does it at least have the letter head of USCIS?

Thanks

Hi CRNA, I am reading the AOS 2010 thread and as far as I understand it is a bit too soon to send the 2NL to the USCIS. Please check this link to have a better understanding of the AOS process. http://soniacol.com/practice/docs/nbc.htm
Perhaps you should place this question in the 2010 AOS forum. They have a lot of experience people there ;)

Dear all,

I also received 2NL confirming my AOS intention since 2 days ago.
But I don't know why we (DV2011) received it too earlier in comparison with former DV2010 group.

I have questions regarding this letter.

1. 2NL said ...You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status.
You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2010 until September 30, 2011. However, your status must be adjusted by September 30, 2011 as DV-2011 expires on that date.
2. It also said ...Please be advised that the Department of State Diversity Visa fee must be paid in full before case can be transferred to USCIS.
3. It also said ...Please do not contact the KCC regarding your case or that of your family. The KCC has now completed its processing of your case, any further inquiries should be addressed to the USCIS.

Please advise. Thank you so much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CN: 2011AS000xxxxx
10/17/2009: entered DV2011
05/10/2010: rcvd NL1 (date on 05/04/2010) (1. notification letter + 2. bar code + 3. return label)
05/11/2010: sent back to KCC (DSP-122 + bar code + return label + 2 photos)
05/12/2010: KCC rcvd my return (notified by UPS)
06/11/2010: rcvd NL2 via "Fedex" (date on 06/04/2010) (1. notification letter confirming my AOS intention + 2. PC-160 paper regarding to DV fee)

Hello Mzuri,
I also received the same letter with paid stamp on. It should be fine. I don't think you need to worry.
Congrats on winning DV2011! We have a long year ahead us!

Hi all,

I recently sent the DV lottery fee to MO. I did not receive a receipt rather the letter that used to sent the fee with was mailed back stampe "paid on June 7th"
My question is, am I supposed to receive an official receipt or does this suffice? Does anyone know how the receipt for DV lottery fee look like? Does it at least have the letter head of USCIS?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Dear R2010

Thank you for helpful info.

R2010, do you have the same stating content of that 2NL of mine?
I realize that I'd better pay fee first, but that content pretty confuse me.

Again, Thanks

Hi CRNA,
Forgot to congratulate you for winning the 2011 DV.
Yes, my NL2 letter is identical to yours. I decided to send the payment early because I want to be all set by the time my date becomes current.

Dear R2010

Thank you for helpful info.

R2010, do you have the same stating content of that 2NL of mine?
I realize that I'd better pay fee first, but that content pretty confuse me.

Again, Thanks

hi guys,

I have a question about local USCIS office. I am at austin, TX. when I search the office locator based on Austin zipcode, it recommends San antonio, however as I read the area covered by each office in TX, I found that Houston is the local office related to Austin. anyone has any idea?

thanks

hi guys,

I have a question about local USCIS office. I am at austin, TX. when I search the office locator based on Austin zipcode, it recommends San antonio, however as I read the area covered by each office in TX, I found that Houston is the local office related to Austin. anyone has any idea?

thanks

It's probably a glitch from the USCIS website unless your zipcode covers two distinct counties with different USCIS locations. If you had specified your preferred USCIS location on question 4 of the DSP-122 form you sent to KCC, then that's where your AOS files would be processed. By the way, I resides in Austin as well (round rock area), and I specified the Houston field office on my DSP-122.

It seems like the next steps after receiving the 2nd NL from KCC is to pay the $375 diversity fee and complete the medicals (medical cleareance). I have a question about the latter. All I know is that the doctor has to put the results of our health in a sealed envelope which will be part of our I-485 AOS package. But can somebody please tell me how that medical cleareance is done? WHEN it has to be done? WHERE it should be done? and how much it averagely costs? Thanks

thanks lucky2011

actually in DSP-122, I did not mention my local office, and just wrote "BCIS" and my current city (austin) as they asked for. for the local office locator, I enter 78731 which suggests San Antonio, but it seems that Austin is covered by Houston local office. I am studying at UT.
regarding the medical clearance it is valid for 12 months as mentioned in the site. they have a list of doctor that you can choose from based on your city.

Hi Lucky2010! Just click in this link and put your zip code:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV
Make some phone calls and search for prices. In my area, one doctor was charging $600!! And another $150... I am planing to do my medical cleareance around September just because it is valid for a year.

It seems like the next steps after receiving the 2nd NL from KCC is to pay the $375 diversity fee and complete the medicals (medical cleareance). I have a question about the latter. All I know is that the doctor has to put the results of our health in a sealed envelope which will be part of our I-485 AOS package. But can somebody please tell me how that medical cleareance is done? WHEN it has to be done? WHERE it should be done? and how much it averagely costs? Thanks

this business of going to local office is really confusing, I called USCIS 3 times last month and they said you don't need to go to the local office, follow the instruction online. The instruction on the USCIS as well as what all of the 2010 applicants did says submit your applciation to chicago lock boz, I am guessing that after that step, you'll need to do your biometrics and interview at the local office? Is it what you guys think too? Or they have recently changed the process. Did they say the same things to DV 2010 applicants?
Thanks guys

In the July (published on June, 2010) Visa bulletin it includes the result of DV 2011 lottery. As I am from asia I was checking the total number of lottery winner. From Asia total number of winner is less then 15000. Does anyone know why we have case number more than 15000?

In the July (published on June, 2010) Visa bulletin it includes the result of DV 2011 lottery. As I am from asia I was checking the total number of lottery winner. From Asia total number of winner is less then 15000. Does anyone know why we have case number more than 15000?

Not everyone who is selected will pursue the lottery, and for those that do pursue, there will be some cases that may end up not getting a visa...The following is stated in the VB:
"Approximately 100,600 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2011 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2011 (October 1, 2010 until September 30, 2011). " This is where the case number becomes important, the lower it is, the better your chances are of getting it.