• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi guys, very glad to find that forum. This is my story.
2 years ago got H1 visa and after 4 month I asked company's lawyer to take care about CG based on Employment. She asks for 4K for that case, and after she was paid, she sad that as far as we still living on investor's money it will be a risk to apply for GC right now. 2 years past. And in that year (I was not believed in lottery of any kind) I got NL for DV 2011. (lucky son of a b..ch ha :) ). So I transferred that NL to my attorney (she was very glad about it) and ask her to take care about that (at least she have to do something for my 4K). I was told to get ready all paper work till first numbers of Jun. What I have to?? I had my son in his last year of high school abroad. And he had to past test to accomplish his studding exactly at beginning of Jun. As a result I had to fly there with my wife on his graduation day two weeks earlier than we planed to (we had tickets already $1.XXX for each). So we had to rebook our tickets (cost us fees), go there and just take him of his testing, because we had to be in US till 1 Jun as my f..n attorney was advised me. After I payed a bunch of money to collect all my paperwork for I-485 in short time, and medical for AOS. My attorney sent all our AOS packages to Chicago at 14 of Jun. after two weeks I got it back with rejection notice that we sent our files too early. I was very surprised by that, because I payed 4K to get that situation after 2 years waiting for something form that b..(lady I mean). And after I spend a couple of hours reading that forum I found some mistakes in my I-485 form (that lady was looking through it very carefully before). Yet she was advise me send to KCC only payment 3*375$ (no any additional forms). And after I got 2nd NL she was very surprised when I told her about it. I was agree with all her decisions because I was very busy with my start up company, and as far as I checked on her website that she is a very good professional in emigration questions . So at least I have 1st NL, 2nd NL, rejection notice from USCIS and Receipt from DOS. And right now I sent a letter to that lady(b.. I mean) that I want to talk to her a little bit.
GOD BLESS YOU GUYS AND THAT FORUM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, very glad to find that forum. This is my story.
2 years ago got H1 visa and after 4 month I asked company's lawyer to take care about CG based on Employment. She asks for 4K for that case, and after she was paid, she sad that as far as we still living on investor's money it will be a risk to apply for GC right now. 2 years past. And in that year (I was not believed in lottery of any kind) I got NL for DV 2011. (lucky son of a b..ch ha :) ). So I transferred that NL to my attorney (she was very glad about it) and ask her to take care about that (at least she have to do something for my 4K). I was told to get ready all paper work till first numbers of Jun. What I have to?? I had my son in his last year of high school abroad. And he had to past test to accomplish his studding exactly at beginning of Jun. As a result I had to fly there with my wife on his graduation day two weeks earlier than we planed to (we had tickets already $1.XXX for each). So we had to rebook our tickets (cost us fees), go there and just take him of his testing, because we had to be in US till 1 Jun as my f..n attorney was advised me. After I payed a bunch of money to collect all my paperwork for I-485 in short time, and medical for AOS. My attorney sent all our AOS packages to Chicago at 14 of Jun. after two weeks I got it back with rejection notice that we sent our files too early. I was very surprised by that, because I payed 4K to get that situation after 2 years waiting for something form that b..(lady I mean). And after I spend a couple of hours reading that forum I found some mistakes in my I-485 form (that lady was looking through it very carefully before). Yet she was advise me send to KCC only payment 3*375$ (no any additional forms). And after I got 2nd NL she was very surprised when I told her about it. I was agree with all her decisions because I was very busy with my start up company, and as far as I checked on her website that she is a very good professional in emigration questions . So at least I have 1st NL, 2nd NL, rejection notice from USCIS and Receipt from DOS. And right now I sent a letter to that lady(b.. I mean) that I want to talk to her a little bit.
GOD BLESS YOU GUYS AND THAT FORUM.

Welcome to this forum. You will find great advices to any steps or questions you have about the DV lottery AOS process. Frankly, you don't need a lawyer to do this application for you unless you have or had problems with immigration law. If you entirely read the previous years AOS threads, you'll realized that on so many occasions lawyers have been more of a problematic impediment than a helpful assistant. This is because most immigration lawyers are not familiar with the DV lottery AOS process. They will claim they are because they want your money. But once you give them the go-ahead, they will go their own overconfident way and this recklessness will ultimately results in cases being rejected like yours (for not waiting for your case number to be current before filing). Actually, you can argue that no one can blame these lawyers since the rules regarding this AOS process have not been clearly laid out. That said, my advice to you is to take over your own AOS application from your lawyer. The overwhelming majority of DV lottery winners here successfully get their GC without lawyers. So, subscribe to this forum, follow the day-to-day developments and updates on other people's journeys. That's how we help each other over here. If you have any question, ask; and you will be promptly answered.

Also, please post a signature like most of us with a chronological infos about your AOS journey. And don't forget that the DV lottery fee has increase from $375 to $440. You'll need to pay the $65 difference to the DOS for each of person/dependent.

I just checked my case status on the DOS website and I did get a confirmation that I was selected for further DV processing.
So I guess it does work for some of us. But in any case you should not be worried if you got the NL1 but website does not recognize you as selected.

luganskman,
I share the same feeling about immigration lawyers. Essentially, there is no such thing as immigration lawyer, most paperwork is filled by paralegals and student assistants. If you have regular case that does not involve appearing before judges etc, you can do yourself much better.
I can't believe that your lawyer was so dumb to send the AOS package for DV2011 now...Even if you have number 00001, DV 2011 only starts at October 1st 2010....
I hope that you didn't lose the $1000 times three for the application fees for I485....

Thanks guys, I have no problem of any kind with government. And my case is simple: a family 3 peoples (H1B and H4). So I think I can ask for refund from my attorney, let see what she will say about it.

How I can make a signature that I will not add it each time?

05/03/10 NL1 from KCC 2011EU00002XXX
05/05/10 Sent 375$*3 to DOS
05/19/10 Receipt Received
06/04/10 Medical examination
06/06/10 Results for Medical examination
06/09/10 AOS package to Chicago
06/11/10 NL2 from KCC
06/24/10 Received AOS package back with rejection notice

Dear Luganskman,

I am sorry to hear what happened!! I also decide to apply without my lawyer. ( when I first showed her my NL1 she said that I should send the AOS pkg in the first week of October, which now I know it is not true!!)Anyhow, we can definatelly help each other in this forum. To edit your signature you go under SETTING in the upper corner (where you login) and under My settings you can edit your signature.
Thanks guys, I have no problem of any kind with government. And my case is simple: a family 3 peoples (H1B and H4). So I think I can ask for refund from my attorney, let see what she will say about it.

How I can make a signature that I will not add it each time?

05/03/10 NL1 from KCC 2011EU00002XXX
05/05/10 Sent 375$*3 to DOS
05/19/10 Receipt Received
06/04/10 Medical examination
06/06/10 Results for Medical examination
06/09/10 AOS package to Chicago
06/11/10 NL2 from KCC
06/24/10 Received AOS package back with rejection notice

I think so far so good. I don't see any problem with rejection notice. Because I had a letter with that rejection that explain the reason of sending my package back. I checked my status on USCIS website with receipt number that I found on that rejection form, and did not find something wrong with my case.

Hi all,
I am a international student (holding F-1 visa) in the US right now. I am going to go for AOS since I already in the US. Also, I just received my 2nd letter from KCC and ask me to pay the DOS fee.
and I am kind of confusing what I should do exactly??...plz help! Thank you!!
Here are my questions:
1. should I pay $375 or $440?
2. I need to send(1. the form the KCC send me 2.a stamped self-addressed envelope, 3. my check) ? is that all?

05/10/10:Received NL1 from KCC 2011AS00024XXX
05/28/10: Mailed DS-122 + Barcode + 2 photos to KCC
07/02/10: Received 2nd NL from KCC

Hi all,
I am a international student (holding F-1 visa) in the US right now. I am going to go for AOS since I already in the US. Also, I just received my 2nd letter from KCC and ask me to pay the DOS fee.
Here are my questions:
2. I need to send(1. the form the KCC send me 2.a stamped self-addressed envelope, 3. my check 4. barcode) ? is that all?
3. do I need to go to USCIS at this point?

Hi all,
Here are my questions:
2. I need to send(1. the form the KCC send me 2.a stamped self-addressed envelope, 3. my check 4. barcode) ? is that all?
3. do I need to go to USCIS at this point?

1. In my opinion, you should send $440 because sooner or later we all have to pay for that $65 additional fee.
Thus, it can save you postage fee :p
2. Yup, you only need to fill out the form and put include the form, self addressed envelope, and your check. You don't need to put in the barcode again.
3. I don't think you need to go to USCIS.

1. In my opinion, you should send $440 because sooner or later we all have to pay for that $65 additional fee.
Thus, it can save you postage fee :p
2. Yup, you only need to fill out the form and put include the form, self addressed envelope, and your check. You don't need to put in the barcode again.
3. I don't think you need to go to USCIS.

so I need to
1. cut the PC-160 form (which KCC send it to me) off and fill it out with check($440) & self-addressed envelop
---->send it to U.S. Department of State
2. just wait for the receipt (which I fill out) that I send it to DOS?
----->What should I do next after I get it?

so I need to
1. cut the PC-160 form (which KCC send it to me) off and fill it out with check($440) & self-addressed envelop
---->send it to U.S. Department of State
2. just wait for the receipt (which I fill out) that I send it to DOS?
----->What should I do next after I get it?

Just wait for your number to become current and then you can send your AOS package.
Meanwhile, complete your medical check up.
I plan to do the medical on September just because it valid for a year.
What's your CN btw?

Just wait for your number to become current and then you can send your AOS package.
Meanwhile, complete your medical check up.
I plan to do the medical on September just because it valid for a year.
What's your CN btw?

Thank you, keepkeep.

One more question, do I need to go to the local USCIS office??
(On the website, it says I should go to USCIS office)

Thank you!

hi guys,
this is the reply i got from KCC today. (nothing new) :

Thank you for your inquiry.
Effective July 13, 2010 the Diversity Visa fee will be $440.00. If you have already paid the previous Diversity Visa fee of $375.00, you are required to pay the difference of $65.00. Please mail a Postal money order (made out to the Department of State) to the Diversity Visa Processing fee address given below:

U.S. Department of State

Diversity Visa Program

P.O. Box 979079

St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

...this is the reply i got from KCC today. (nothing new)...

Thanks for the update. I think it will be in our best interest to send the correct fees asap to avoid any delays in future processing/case transfer from KCC to USCIS.

Thank you, keepkeep.

One more question, do I need to go to the local USCIS office??
(On the website, it says I should go to USCIS office)

Thank you!

Personally I don't think we need to go to USCIS.
I myself do not go there.. And after reading this forum I am mostly certain that we do not need to go to USCIS office.
After receive the DOS receipt, we only need to wait until our CN becomes current and then send the AOS package to USCIS.
If you're not sure, you can go to USCIS office, but they most likely will just send you home without any useful information.

Good luck for us !! ^^

Hi there,
Do you think we can send AOS package as soon as we see our number current for future month ( e.g. for Sepetmeber), or do we need to wait until the 1st of that very month?

Thanks

I think you should wait until the 1st day of the month your number is current.
However, I don't know if your number current in Sept, if there is any special treatment or not, since the time is kinda tight.

Best of luck !! ^^

How should one mention to KCC they're doing AOS? Isn't paying the $375 enough?

I don't think every KCC rep. will have specific idea about your case (i.e., what fees you have paid, what forms you have sent, whether you are doing CP or AOS) unless they log on to their system to get your case info, they try to give you general answers until/unless needed to. This I found out when I called KCC to check on whether they had received the documents I sent them, initially the rep. was giving me general answers and then he told me to hold on while he "accessed the info from the system" to give me the specific answer pertaining to my case. So, long story short, mentioning your case specifics to KCC may help you in getting answers, don't ASSUME they will know.