• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Good Morning to all Great Forumites,
I have been down with Malaria for the past week, the reason for my missing in action. Its a bit okay now and I'm back to work. Called KCC, and will be having my interview on the 15th of September. Both PCs from Ghana and London are underway. Congratulations to all of you and keep the good works going.

Good, was wondering why we have not been hearing from you. Nice to hear you have got your interview date and preparation is on course. Btw, where are you having your interview, Ghana or UK?

Hi All,

God is good!
I picked up our visas today @ 10:00am sharp.
I thank everyone on this forum for your contribution to our success. I love you all.

Romans 8: If God is for us, who can be against us?

Good, was wondering why we have not been hearing from you. Nice to hear you have got your interview date and preparation is on course. Btw, where are you having your interview, Ghana or UK?

I'll be having my interview in London. I hope to be there by mid August so that I can have enough time for my medicals.

Hi All,

God is good!
I thank everyone on this forum for your contribution to our success. I love you all.

wow, what a wonderful day! Thanks be to God for seeing you through the dv process. As I kept on saying, we will all succeed in the name of the almighty God.

Thanks my brother. By the grace of God it shall be well

DonKay,
Have you booked your medical appointment yet? It's difficult to get an appointment at Knightsbridge Doctors within a short period. You have to book your preferred date 3-4 weeks in advance. Thanks

Good Morning to all Great Forumites,
I have been down with Malaria for the past week, the reason for my missing in action. Its a bit okay now and I'm back to work. Called KCC, and will be having my interview on the 15th of September. Both PCs from Ghana and London are underway. Congratulations to all of you and keep the good works going.

Hi Donkay,

Wishing you all the best in your preparation towards your interview. I know at the end of the day, your story will not be different from us.

Hi All,

God is good!

JKO,

Congratulations to you and your family. Welcome to America.

Degree - do not forget your transcripts

Just wanted to remind everyone going for their interviews to include their transcripts with the degree certificates, original & photocopy.

(My husband and I had our interview in London)

Also, do NOT open the brown envelopes (just in case some pple do not already know this).

We opened one of ours and having to return it to be resealed, I'll update the forum if anyone is interested in the process & outcome.

good luck to all who are yet to have their interviews, and safe journeys to those about to cross the Atlantic shortly.

Just wanted to remind everyone going for their interviews to include their transcripts with the degree certificates, original & photocopy.

How fresh was your degree? A lot of people with degrees attended without transcript and they did not ask for it. What brown envelope are you talking about?

How fresh was your degree? A lot of people with degrees attended without transcript and they did not ask for it. What brown envelope are you talking about?

Also, do NOT open the brown envelopes (just in case some pple do not already know this).

We opened one of ours and having to return it to be resealed, I'll update the forum if anyone is interested in the process & outcome.

good luck to all who are yet to have their interviews, and safe journeys to those about to cross the Atlantic shortly.

Kor,
Could you give us an account of your interview, I mean your whole dv interview experience - from the time you receive your 1st NL to the last point of visa pick-up? Just a brief summary.

You did not tell us about the outcome of your interview but from experience (brown envelope) it means your interview was successful. Congratulations to you and your husband, and hope you succeed in the US.

my husband graduated in 2003 & I in 2004.
I was under the assumption we wouldnt need the transcripts either, but that was the reason the CO could not tell us we have qualfied for a visa on the day of the interview.

Our interview was quite straight forward really, I would say it was very similar to Ammeck's without the medical problems & that we arrived at the embassy around 7:45am with only about 10 ppl waiting in queue and were out by 10:30am.

you are given a brown enevlope with your passport when the visa is issued
(in the UK, I beleive all the passports are courier delivered, pls correct me if I'm wrong.)

I was under the assumption we wouldnt need the transcripts either, but that was the reason the CO could not tell us we have qualfied for a visa on the day of the interview.

Our interview was quite straight forward really, I would say it was very similar to Ammeck's without the medical problems & that we arrived at the embassy around 7:45am with only about 10 ppl waiting in queue and were out by 10:30am.

(in the UK, I beleive all the passports are courier delivered, pls correct me if I'm wrong.)

Can you please share your interview experience with the house? It would be very much appreciated
Did the CO specifically told you to provide transcript of your husband's degree before the Visa was issued?
Yep I think the brown envelope is supposed to be opened at the Point Of Entry (POE) in the US.

Kor, I think we are missing something about your interview.

1. After your interview, were you asked to submit transcript before the visa is issued?
2. Did they put your case under administrative processing?
3. Did they ask you to go and come back on another specified day?
4. Did they tell you that you will hear from them and was asked to pay for courier service?
5. Could you give us the date you went for the interview and the date you receive your visas?

Your answer(s) to the above questions will help us to know more about whether your visa was issued immediately after your interview or it took some time before. Or if you like, you can clarify more about your interview and what follows....

Hi kor,

Congratulations to you and your husband, as the other members have said kindly give us more details about your interview.

Hi House,

I was able to purchase a two-way ticket for my wife and myself to New York @ the cost of 1,331USD each from Delta Airlines. As adviced by Gh-Man, i went to
United Airlines office to enquire about the cost of ticket to New York and it was 1,560USD. It was a transit via WDC. I also realised that these two airlines fly direct to different states in the US so depending on where one is going, it's better to check out the one that offers a lower fare.